Used 2017 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used MKX for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Annoying

Jerry Zee, 08/07/2017
Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Great car. Called a SUV but it really is not. The 2015 was taller and more like a true SUV. The 2017 is lower and slightly wider. We opted for the 2.7L turbocharged model. The turbocharger is loud on acceleration and very annoying. Dealer said all is well and nothing wrong. Took an identical car for a test drive and its turbo also was very loud on acceleration. Test drove several other Ford vehicles that were turbocharged and could not hear any noise upon acceleration. Apparently this problem is unique to 2017 Lincoln MKX with the 2.7L that is turbocharged. This problem is not recognized by Lincoln so my advice is to refrain from purchasing this model until the problem is resolved.

Loving my MKX

Nita, 04/17/2018
Select 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Do you homework on your new vehicle as well as trade-in so you won't be hassled into new car deal.

Driver's seat is the worst

Allison, 12/03/2017
Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The 2017 MKX looks great and has more technology features than you can imagine. The only problem is that the seats are made of poor quality materials and are not comfortable. Headrests on front seats tilt too far forward, causing neck pain. Seat cushions do not have enough support and they are very narrow (flat part is only 11 inches wide!) and bolsters on side make sitting surface more like a U shape than a normal seat. Back of seat is too bucket-like so I end up sinking into bottom and back of seat. Even went back to dealer for assistance with adjustments but no luck. Second row seats are flatter but still not comfortable. I am a 5'7" female and slim. MKX is now parked in garage because I get neck and back pain when I drive it. I am driving my son's 2003 Highlander instead. I would not recommend the MKX.

Nice car with seating and technology shortcomings

STUART BARNETT, 04/13/2017
Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Very nice SUV with many good features. Noticeable shortcomings are very short front seats with not much leg support. Front headrest does not have much range of motion adjustment. Driver assistance function for maintaining lane will stop functioning when lines are yellow. Adaptive cruise control works very well.

Great automobile

Joe Cee, 11/05/2017
Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Make sure it has all the extras you really want. I’m disappointed I didn’t get adaptive cruise control. Otherwise I’m totally satisfied

Second Lincoln.....just keeps getting better

rod, 04/13/2018
Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Great car.....just make sure it fits your budget. Well equipped. Couldn't be happier.

Love is Wonderful the Second Time Around

Theresa, 11/14/2017
Reserve 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 6th Lincoln and my second MKX. Each one of my Lincoln’s have been dependable and trouble free.

LINCOLN is going back in time - REMEMBER the 70"s

MONROE GLASER, 08/20/2018
Premiere 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Lincoln dealers are independent - see if you can find any tele or address beyond - Lincoln Conceirge, you cant. If Lincoln Concerige tells you to to "go jump in the lake", what do you do????? You have already had it with the little boys and girlie's at the dealer or you would not be at this point. Lincoln refuses to help. Another dealer down the road told me "you did not buy the car here, so we WILL NOT help you". The car was fine - nothing worked / NOTHING. No help from salesman or shop except lies. Seven months later everything is fine. No super-duper mechanic, no fancy equipment or tools - - - -"OH, Mr Glaser we forgot to prep the car before it was delivered to you". REALLY, 7 months to find this out? I wonder what would have happened if I would have a serious problem - like a flat tire I have purchased 17 new cars in my life so far, and yes, Mr Lincoln, I an going to join your group to go back to the 70"s. I have been told by all of the foreign dealers that purchasing a $55,000.00 car from them I will not receive "JUNK". But please - let us remember one important item here. With the technology and advanced quality systems and standards auto's leaving the assembly line are near PERFECT. So if your car is not perfect on receipt you bought it from a "JUNK DEALER" and there are plenty of them, especially at Lincoln. When a customer gets in bed with the owner and the two of them go after another customer (ME) you are dead. Hower with the excellence of the entire dealership in these actions, they must do it a lot?? Approved by lincoln? Yes, too many sales, must sort some out - it's working.

Luxury suv

Tanya Saylor, 05/23/2020
Reserve 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Drives like a sedan.

Solid SUV

Vic , 06/11/2020
Select 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Dependable transportation. Don't like the shifting.

51050