2017 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

A let down
By AStrom

2017 Lexus RX 350 F SPORT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Bad transmission hesitation issue at low speeds. Engine whining and droning. Slow from the start. No power uphill. No luxury feel to it in city driving.

A TRUE FOVEVER CAR!!!!
By anthony

2017 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Alsome suv with great dependability

Viberation sucks !
By MG

2017 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I got 2017 RX350 last November. Everything is good but the vibration is very bad, inside cabin and from the seat. I have to de-attach my back from the seat for reduce the uncomfortable feelings. The suspension is too soft. A little bump on the road will cause it to shake a bit. Most of the time it is like on a boat on the water. Don't like it. It is a good looking car but no a pleasant ride. We regreat didn't ride it carfully when we buy it. the sales man said every car is the same so we just looked the color after test ride a demol car. Thinking about to trade it in next year. MG

Don't get deceived by the looks & features
By Pavan

2017 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I would definitely suggest anyone looking to buy an RX 350 to stay away from it unless you like a little vibration in the center console area or are Okay with loud cabin noise. As a first time Lexus buyer I am highly disappointed with my car as I had great expectations from a luxury car maker known for its quality and quietness. After going back and forth with the service department and Lexus Field Technical Specialist for 4 months the exhaust on my car was finally replaced last week. However, I didn't notice any improvement and can still feel the low vibration at various speeds. At this point, I am not sure what else to do as I don't feel Lexus will accept that there is genuinely a problem with their RX 350's. If you want more information on the vibration and noise issues you can go to clublexus.com and find for yourself. If you still want to buy this car then I would suggest you drive the car you're buying for at least 20 miles and not just the test drive vehicle.

Gas Mileage Misleading
By Dana Rowe

2017 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

My 2017 RX350 is smooth as silk on the road — once it is warmed up. It is very quite inside, the view outside is excellent and the seats are extremely comfortable. Very easy to adjust the seat and steering wheel to a perfect position.

I also have a ES350 so I knew what I was getting into in regards the quirky nav,radio, applications interface. Got to be one of the most “out of touch” designed systems on the planet. Too many menus to navigate to do very simple tasks and is not intuitive at all. I can get through it as I have spent time learning it. My Honda Accord and CRV were much more intuitive.

As far as gas mileage this car is horrible. I have never achieved 20 in the city. 14.5 to 16 is more the norm. On the highway 24 is the best we ever got.

The motor is herky jerky when I first start the car. Once it warms up it goes away. Nothing like my ES350which is extremely smooth even when cold.

And last but not least. Why on God’s earth is there not an option for the lights to come on when the automatic wipers are in use? Standard on most cars today but not my 54k RX350.

Would I buy this car again. No way. Wish I would have bought the 2017 CRV. Much more storage, way better gas mileage and 20k less e pensive.