2017 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

Horrible gas mileage
By Joseph Adams

2017 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Don’t believe the MPG claims. After 4000 miles mine hovers around 16.5. Lexus advertises 26 highway/19 city, 23 combined. This is fraudulent.

Luxury Car with Luxury Problems
By JimG

2017 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Lexus make good car with quiet engine, comfortable seating and climate control. Let me add some of my concerns: 1) Navigation is very poor, routing mechanism is bad, traffic data is lousy. When you speak with Lexus customer service, they will tell you this is common complains from owner. Although it is very common, they did nothing to address it. 2) Car doesn't have full integration with iphone and andriod like other luxury cars. You can send receive text and phone calls and it pretty much ends there. Many other cars have better integration like screen mirroring, ability to control addressbook to other things from cell phone or an app. 3) Dealer and manufacturer recommends service every 5k miles costing 350-450 per service. They change oil every 10k and for other service it is just tire rotation and some other inspections. Very costly tire rotation and oil change. When spoke with with dealer, customer service they simply took note of complains and offer no guidance or plan on how they are going to address it with future update. There are thousands of people complaining this, so it is a huge issue.

RX-Very early Ownership
By Wife loves her RX

2017 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Purchased 2017 L-Certified RX AWD with 14k miles for my wife a month ago. My Wife loves it. Owning a LS 460 and trying not to compare, I am impressed with the safety features and Fit and Finnish of the RX. I never used my warrenty on my LS in 3 years, I believe my wife will have at least 5 years 2 months (life left on unlimited mile L-certification) of safe, comfortable and care free motoring. That’s what I paid for and expect from Lexus. My wife loves it I like it, but just a little early.. view thru rear window not the greatest, backup camera compensates for that.

The Gold Standard
By Sheilah Hillman

2017 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

There’s a reason other automakers of SUVs compare themselves to the Lexus RX 350 —it’s darned hard to beat. Last fall we went looking for the one vehicle that could give us everything we already had in two — a Lexus 460 LS and a Nissan Murano. The RX had all the comfort, quiet and dependability of the LS and charged through snow as well or better than the Murano. Complaints? Just a couple. It costs more than it should. The extended sunroof hardly opens a crack. And the voice commands are pathetic. Ask for “play MSNBC” and you might hear “Sing My Country ‘Tis of Thee. (The Select a year button wasn’t working. It was 2017)

A let down
By AStrom

2017 Lexus RX 350 F SPORT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Bad transmission hesitation issue at low speeds. Engine whining and droning. Slow from the start. No power uphill. No luxury feel to it in city driving.