Used 2004 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (173 reviews )

Nice luxury car
By Mark.

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've had many cars and this ranks at the top. It handles nicely and there is plenty of power and it's quiet due to extra insulation and triple door seals. It also moves very fast in a split second to avoid a deer or car on an interstate with the help of my Pirelli tires which are cheaper and better than Dunlops. It also has a mini sun visor that covers above the rear view mirror-- nice touch. And front seat crumb and coin catchers inside area by floor storage box. My gripe? Mark Levinson is way overrated and overpriced but coming from (((him))) no surprise. 375 watts only? Plus my CD player is failing and it's not been used that much. Bose and fords THX and Harmon Karden beat Levinson hands down and with 400 to 700 watts! It's not junk but really Lexus! You should dump him. Lots of head space as I'm 6'. Lots! And fit and finish very good. Interior appointments nicely done. Power is excellent. Seats are softer than most new cars but not like my 95 Cadillac. I hate hard seats. I have spent only 350 dollars on repairs over the last 7 years. That's cheap! I love the quiet ride and the controls are fairly friendly except the navigation which I'm not that fond of. You can't change it as you drive. Wife could do that you know. Also maintenance is not that expensive and as long as you do it when recommended you'll be fine. Last but not least the modern luxury package is worth it. You cannot beat these LS 430s. I believe they are the best on reliability. Sadly Lexus has lost some credibility on the newer ones as they are making them cheaper looking and too sporty. Look if I was 30 sure. But I'm in my 50s and I like traditional luxury. And the newer LS's are not as reliable. Find yourself a 2005-2006 LS with 50,000 or less for about 13 grand and under 50,000 and you'll enjoy it and say "Mark was right!" And I know. I've owned MB and BMWs and Jaguar CJs and Cadillacs and Olds and Chevys and Lincolns. None except my old Cadillac and Chevy came close to this car in reliability. I love it. It's a subtle but strong looking luxury Sedan.

Low cost flagship vehicle
By LexusOwner

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The ls430 has been the best and most reliable car I’ve purchased and I bought it with 110k miles. These cars can handle upwards to 300k miles with little maintenance. The car is extremely quite and comfortable and still carries its king of road feel. It was well ahead of its time with its technology and you won’t feel you’re driving a 14 year old car. People will think you’re driving an expensive car but little do they know they cost less than a Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla. Why buy one of those tin cab cars when you can buy a flagship car?

2004 Lexus Great Car
By Larry

Dependable, low maintenance and very comfortable even for a 2004 model

By Peter Doyle

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Bluetooth accepts calls but initiation of calls is best done by smartphone. Initiation of calls is difficult with the automobile system. Once placed you talk over the car system. The Bluetooth will not stream your music but you can buy A thingamabob and have it installed and then you can stream from your phone. This isn't a complaint; it is just a statement about 12-year-old technology. The rest of everything about the car is terrific! Very, very advanced for 2004

This is an update after owning the car for one year. It is the best car I have ever owned; it has been 100% trouble free; and I paid the least for it of any car I have ever owned!

Absolute Perfection
By buckeye30

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

After I paid of the student loans, I wanted to treat myself with something very special. Though some people called me an old man for choosing LS-430, I didn't care, and WOW.
I am mean WOW. This car exceeds all my high engineering expectations, and redefines the definitions of luxury, reliability, fit & finish, and high quality. I don't even know where to start from, but all I can say I am very lucky to be owner of such a magnificent car. It is truly an engineering masterpiece. It takes awhile to understand what a special car it is, and after driving it for some time, you forget how special it is until you drive other cars, or people compliment you.

1) Powerful, yet smooth and quiet engine. 2) Superb choice of material. 3) Excellent stereo system 4) Full of technology 5) Reliability 6) Gas mileage 7) Safety features 8) Beautifully made interior. 9) Everlasting exterior 10) Headlights 11) Smooth and serene transmission The list goes on and on.

This is a gentlemen's car with ample of horsepower, but not meant to be sporty. It has no problem taking you out of hurry, and the acceleration from 60 to 120 mph is heart pounding. Having said that, I would have liked to have more lower end torque. Give me 50 more horsepower and torque, and it becomes a beast.