Used 2004 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Reviews - 172 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (172 reviews )

Low cost flagship vehicle
By LexusOwner

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The ls430 has been the best and most reliable car I’ve purchased and I bought it with 110k miles. These cars can handle upwards to 300k miles with little maintenance. The car is extremely quite and comfortable and still carries its king of road feel. It was well ahead of its time with its technology and you won’t feel you’re driving a 14 year old car. People will think you’re driving an expensive car but little do they know they cost less than a Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla. Why buy one of those tin cab cars when you can buy a flagship car?

2004 Lexus Great Car
By Larry

Dependable, low maintenance and very comfortable even for a 2004 model

By Peter Doyle

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Bluetooth accepts calls but initiation of calls is best done by smartphone. Initiation of calls is difficult with the automobile system. Once placed you talk over the car system. The Bluetooth will not stream your music but you can buy A thingamabob and have it installed and then you can stream from your phone. This isn't a complaint; it is just a statement about 12-year-old technology. The rest of everything about the car is terrific! Very, very advanced for 2004

This is an update after owning the car for one year. It is the best car I have ever owned; it has been 100% trouble free; and I paid the least for it of any car I have ever owned!

Absolute Perfection
By buckeye30

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

After I paid of the student loans, I wanted to treat myself with something very special. Though some people called me an old man for choosing LS-430, I didn't care, and WOW.
I am mean WOW. This car exceeds all my high engineering expectations, and redefines the definitions of luxury, reliability, fit & finish, and high quality. I don't even know where to start from, but all I can say I am very lucky to be owner of such a magnificent car. It is truly an engineering masterpiece. It takes awhile to understand what a special car it is, and after driving it for some time, you forget how special it is until you drive other cars, or people compliment you.

1) Powerful, yet smooth and quiet engine. 2) Superb choice of material. 3) Excellent stereo system 4) Full of technology 5) Reliability 6) Gas mileage 7) Safety features 8) Beautifully made interior. 9) Everlasting exterior 10) Headlights 11) Smooth and serene transmission The list goes on and on.

This is a gentlemen's car with ample of horsepower, but not meant to be sporty. It has no problem taking you out of hurry, and the acceleration from 60 to 120 mph is heart pounding. Having said that, I would have liked to have more lower end torque. Give me 50 more horsepower and torque, and it becomes a beast.

From Japan to Germany and back again!
By lexdog71

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 1990 LS 400 back when the car first came out, late '89 to 1992. I dropped it, put sweet fat 5-star chrome rims on it and triple-limo tinted all the windows -- burgundy metallic on burgundy leather. That car was 240hp of undeniable quality and perfection. I got a comment everywhere I went; everyone loved that car. I'd take it to Vegas at 130mph like it was nothing! Put 70,000 miles on it in three years and seven years later, I took one in on trade (I was a dealer then) with 280,000 on it -- a black one -- and it started up without a puff and drove like a brand new car!! I've driven an Audi TT quattro cabriolet, a Mercedes S420, 300 SEL, and BMW 540i -- nothing compares to a Lexus LS!

I hadn't driven a Lex in 20 years but my grandmother got rid of her Q45 for a 2006 LS 430 around her 82nd birthday! I'd driven the car several times and simply loved it! It was everything the 400 was and MORE! Didn't handle like the LS 400, though. The first LS was more like an early 2000s 528i, softer steering. The 430 is like riding on a cloud with effortless thrust and, insulated from the outside world as you are, the car responds to every command without hesitation! The interior puts the German brands to shame, the sheer quality of the leather added to the comfort, is light years beyond what they're doing. Six-speed, Mark Levinson, Navigation, power rear sunshade -- WAY cool!!!

None. Maybe a second 18" chrome wheel option.