Used 1994 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used GS 300 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Most Dependable Car I've Ever Owned

Most Dependable , 04/05/2006
4dr Sedan

Have never had any major problems with car. Has outlasted every car I have ever owned. Drives and rides better than much newer vehicles I currently own.

Great Car

karlgnau, 03/02/2002
4dr Sedan

We bought this car used, with 36,000 miles--now have 99,000 on it. This is a high quality car showing some interior wear but performing and performing without problems. Only brakes and tires have been needed beyond regular maintenance items. We love it!

Goodbye to an old firend

Steve M, 04/14/2005
4dr Sedan

Folks, I just sold my 1994 Lexus GS300 and I felt compelled to say something about how wonderful this car has been. I bought it in 1997 as Lexus Certified Pre-Owned vehicle and it has served me well these past 8+ year. There is no doubt in my mind that this is one of the best vehicles ever produced for mass consumption on the planet. Rock-solid reliability, great styling, and longevity are the high points. I'm convinced the straight-6 will run forever. Performance (although not bad) and rear seat room are lows. All in all, I would do this again in a heart beat. If you're considering this vehicle, buy it and enjoy for many years to come. Categorically the best car I have ever owned.

Ad
Build Your LS 500
At a Glance:
  • $76,000starting MSRP

Lexury

Greenwood, 12/01/2004
4dr Sedan

Owned 7 years and it's my favorite car ever. I've spent more, but enjoyed less. Always 20+MPG, lots of top end speed, and comfortable. It won't beat anybody racing to the end of the block, but at highway speeds it has legs. Had to make a 180 mile one-way trip to deliver emergency bio-medical supplies, and when I returned home I got a call that the parts were wrong and would I please make another trip. No problem. Went to a movie that night with my daughter, and I drove! My spouse keeps hinting that it's time to get a new car, but I'm resisting.

Mod it!

GenChan, 11/05/2010
4dr Sedan

For you idiots who read this, I just want to say that this car has potential with that 2JZ engine. Do a JDM swap if ya'll are crying about power because there is a way to twin turbo it. Plus, if you want to NIP out the car, there are plenty of modifications for it, even making it 6 speed manual tranny if you like. The engine has been tested to push out with hp in the 900 range. Its too easy, you do the MATH!

Not that reliable

B, 09/27/2008
4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 130 miles now it has 175 and it's given me problems, water pump replaced, radiator, fix the timing, brakes, tires, 2 window motors, major transmission problem, check engine light is on. Since I had this car it's been parked a couple of times for 2 to 5 months at a time. It's hard to fix and expensive too. By the way we do change the oil often and try to keep up with it. This car cost us $6.200 but with all the repairs we done to it cost us well over $10.000

I LOVE this car!!

gelbob, 07/24/2009
4dr Sedan

After 215000 miles this car still runs like a champ. I will definitely go with Lexus again. Yes, it is expensive on repairs, but worth it in longevity.

Will Miss My Dear GS300

shavonnem79, 06/24/2011
4dr Sedan

I just said fair well to my dear gs300. I didnt have it that long,maybe a little over one year. The car gave me issues but the previous owner didnt take good care of it. I bought it for 1400 and had to put 3000 of work into it,ever penny was worth it. I loved driving it! I loved the design of the interior and exterior. Even though there were some issues under the hood my dear gs never left me stranded. If you have one of these,take good care of it, I will miss this car! Excellent vehicle!!! kudos toyota/lexus

Lex the Best

Lex the Lexus, 03/02/2003
4dr Sedan

It has an Inline- 6 Engine that keeps the car moving nicely, the design both in and out that does not age so quickly. We live out on a very rough and hilly road, but our Lex climbs it with ease. The power button is very nice, along with all of the other little extras that a join the car. There is a winter mode for the wipers, an automatic steering wheel that gets out of your way , auto- air-conditioning, a rear light failure warning light, auto headlights and many more to kept this car comprisable to new cars. The car is very quite, and has sufficient legroom. It’s almost like it’s in control of the road which makes it a joy to ride in.

Only Italian designedToyota is beautiful

gsman, 04/02/2004
4dr Sedan

The only Italian designed Toyota product is miles better looking than anything else from Toyota.... ever!

51050