Used 2005 Lexus ES 330 Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus ES 330 Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (164 reviews )

Steady as she goes
By bob

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Owned for 6 years. Great for trips and city driving. Very reliable. Best used car value.

Transmission problems/ bad fuel economy
By Esteven taylor

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

here we go my 2005 lexus es 330 is a piece of crap. the car only have 72.257 mikes on it . For a lexus that's low. Here are the problems. Bad transmission it is horrible..very bad fuel economy to be 100% correct I am seating on it as we speak let me look at the. AVG. it says 14.5 MPG yes you hear that 14.5 MPG my dad has 2009 hummer h2.. the average on a hummer h2 AVG.is 13 MPG.. not too far off from from my Lexus es 330.. bad MPG and bad transmission those are my 2 major issues. So if you like to be at the fuel pump every 3 days yes buy this car.. if you have extra money for transmission yes go buy it . Buy 2 of them!!!

2005 Lexus es 330/camry
By Alfredo burteli

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Owning now a 2006 es 330.now I realize that not all lexus are the same. The 2005 lexus es 330. Not a very comfortable car I am only 5.9 feet tall it IS super SMALL for me..every time i turn around i NEED to PUT gas in it.. The sound system is garbage the Nav is trash....THE transmission is garbage..The backseat too small. I think lexus at that time Didn't really care about the es 330.. I think a 4 cyl.camry maybe a better car... don't buy the es model...

Good commuting vehicle
By Brad

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

On the highway this is a great riding car and has been very dependable. My only complaint is that the transmission is very jerky. It always hesitates when you accelerate. I read the same complaint from others before I purchased it used in 2015 and find it to be annoying.

Drives like new
By Pana

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought 2005 Lexus es 330 what 182 00miles the engine sounds good good transmission it drives like a new car it is very comfortable I drove the car 25 minutes for 10 days with a full gas tank to empty good gas miles it is like a 4-cylinder.. I am a regular man just telling you the truth