Skip to main content
$45,190

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Blue Magic

Blue Magic, 01/04/2022
SX Prestige 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I've only had it 10 days and I'm lovin" it! I went 36 miles in EV mode! it has more than enough power. A lot of bells and whistles like the panoramic roof, heated and cooling seats, etc. I got the Gravity Blue (Dark blue with flakes in the paint) which comes with a gray leather interior, I managed a nice 43mpg on the highway and was amazed as it stayed centered in the lane, even as the road curved. Handles great and is the quietest car I've ever owned. So far nothing to dislike, just some things I saw in the plugin Santa Fe, like window shades in the 2nd row, rain-sensing wipers. It comes with a 3.3KW charger but since this is the top one it should have a least a 6.6KW charger like the RAV4 prime and an 18KW battery instead of a 13KW, which would match the RAV4, but you can't get everything, oh well. This model is just as scarce as the RAV4 prime and believe me, if you search you can get one without the 5-10K over MSRP that a lot are asking which means that eats up all of the tax-saving the Government allows, sad. I drove 100miles to get one without the mark-up. Good luck finding one, scarce as hens teeth right now, LOL

Beware / Faulty Hybrid Battery System

Brian, 12/09/2021
SX 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I just purchased this car and within a week received multiple error messages -- "Battery Management System" and "Hybrid System" notifications. I took it to the local dealer who said it looks like the hybrid battery requires replacement (one cell showing no power) however nothing can be done in terms of servicing until the dealer hears more from Kia corporate. Since this is the first year that Kia has made the Sorento PHEV I'm worried that they haven't figured out all the kinks and now I'm stuck without a car as they figure it out. We've never owned a Kia before but had heard great thinks about performance and reliability. My advice would be to wait to see if this hybrid battery issue has a broader reach beyond my one-off issue because it is not fun to pay almost $50K for a car that breaks down in the first week!!

SOOO Much Savings!

AJK, 03/31/2022
SX Prestige 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric plug-in hybrid 6A)

The PHEV Sorento is one of the best vehicles we have ever owned. It has all the bells and whistles and gets more then 100 MPG equivalent. We only fill up the 11 gallons needed about once a month. It is incredible!

Outstanding new PHEV

Kia_is_fantastic, 11/28/2021
SX Prestige 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Although it isn’t perfect, this is possibly the most versatile PHEV at any price range - lots of room, a third row of seats, decent cargo room with third row seats down, good power, great ride and handling, and very useful tech. Some drawbacks are too much piano black plastic in high traffic areas, very little cargo space behind third row, compromised towing capacity, and heavy reliance on touch screen and capacitive buttons. At its core, the Sorento PHEV is the Swiss Army knife that will suit most families’ needs. Just like a Swiss Army knife, it may not do one particular thing better than a specialized vehicle (e.g., minivans or off road capable SUVs), but it can carry 6 people in decent comfort and and quiet for not an unreasonable amount of money. Only thing is getting one at a decent price at a dealership. I was fortunate to snatch one up before the initial round of inventories disappeared.

5 out of 5 stars

Amazing technology and gas mileage!

Blaine Bell, 12/04/2021
SX Prestige 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Absolutely love my new Kia Sorrento Plug-in Hybrid!