Used 2016 INFINITI Q50 Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 INFINITI Q50 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q50 model:

23k miles driven - True Review
By Joel

2016 INFINITI Q50 3.0t Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

The car shows excellent acceleration from 0MPH. However, when in traffic, decelerating, or at slower speeds, if speeds are demanded, the car will drag horrendously. It simply will sit there and go through the motions before reacting to the demanded power (between the downshifting, and the turbo charging, it is extremely slow to respond). That is probably because it is mostly relying on turbo power when it is in motion or decelerating, and it is when the turbo lag issue shows up. MPG is far from the "estimated" values advertised. I personally drive about 65% city, 35% highway, and I get an average of 17.3 MPG. Everybody is amazed at the technology offered by this car, I'm like "meh". The redundant systems contradict each other, are really unnecessary, and are really buggy. For example, there is no way to set a specific app, or app function, as it will reset each time you start the vehicle. The Infiniti drive mode selection is not harmony with the other drive mode selection that is selected separately. You can set one at "sports mode" and the other on can remain on “standard”, and vice versa – no alignment. Also, these car's depreciation rate is probably one of the worst for Japanese cars. The review view camera software freezes constantly (I've had the unit replaced twice), the systems resets quite often, sometimes while driving, and the electronic clock shown is probably the brand killer (especially for those who really appreciated good clock workmanship from Infiniti), yes electronic technology the car is loaded with, not a big deal. In fact, I think it destroys the brand. Other than that, it is a smooth, comfortable ride.

Excellent car with amazing performance
By Red

2016 INFINITI Q50 Red Sport 400 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

My car is fully loaded with all options available. The car has an amazing acceleration and no Turbo lag whatsoever. I am getting used to the DAS system and don't mind at all. The only complaints I have is no Android Auto or Apple Carplay which is ridiculous nowadays and no ventilated seats. This car is flying under the radar and not too many people know about it and I like it. So far no mechanical issues but my mileage is still low. Gas mileage is a crappy 20 mpg, however, I think it's worth the fun.

Keeps getting better!
By AWH2Infiniti

2016 INFINITI Q50 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

So, I had my 2015 Q50 3.7L V6 AWD Sport Sedan for about a year and a half. Loved every aspect of the car. Infiniti introduced a 3.0L TT Engine last year and so I made the switch (I lease my cars - the best way to go!) I absolutely love the new engine! The throttle/acceleration response is to the point and almost instant! I drive this car daily back and forth to work and some fun weekend drives and am very happy with it! This time, I added the Driver's Assistance package to give me some safety features and I'm glad I did it. The only thing that I dont like (it has more to do with my personal preference - nothing wrong with the feature itself) is that the forward collision warning and emergency braking assist kicks in when I'm zipping in and out of traffic. I know I can turn this feature off but for the 10-20 seconds of "fun" driving, I wouldnt want to keep having to go to the settings to turn the feature of, even though it can be turned off just by turning the Traction OFF. This car is very smooth and it can get up to speed in no time so just in case... I never turn the traction control off. Over all... very happy with the change and upgrade. I'll probably switch to the RedSport next time around and get a feel for it that beast as well!

Super fast and stylish with power
By InfinitiZ

2016 INFINITI Q50 Red Sport 400 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

It's amazing for what it is in this price range. You get amazing style, power @400 hp and technology. I love the menus and touch screen. Sound system is awesome.

This car looks great on paper
By valmiles@cox.net

2016 INFINITI Q50 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

On paper, this Q50 Sport is a great car, less expensive and more capable than BMW 3-series or Mercedes Benz C-class. However, handing is awful, worse than any other car I have owned or driven, including SUVs!
Q50 is not new to power steering foes. 2015 has its issues with Direct Adaptive Steering. 2016 has gone to electric assisted power steering on the Sports model with the second generation DAS being an option. Being well aware of the issue with the first generation DAS, I elected to get base electric power steering.
The car, however, wanders whichever way the road takes it, which is specifically evident at highway speeds. If you hold the steering wheel perfectly straight, the vehicle starts pulling on one direction, after correcting it, it pulls in the other. We have seen number of reviews on infinitiq50.org forum about this issue, some owners indicating that Run Flat Tires (RFTs) are causing this behavior.
I don’t know for certain and I’m not willing to replace tires on the brand new vehicle. In few months I will trade it in and get something else, although at a loss.
Other than this issue and few deficiencies with the infotainment system, such as lack of useful applications and slow response, this car has been good. Acceleration is excellent, but the poor steering takes all the fun out of driving it.
After driving Nissan vehicles for over 20 years, this Infinity was a major disappointment. No more Nissan/Infiniti vehicles for me.