Used 2000 INFINITI I30 Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 INFINITI I30 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

Was nervous but doing great so far
By Tia Jones

2000 INFINITI I30 4dr Sedan

Make sure u get a good one. Got my Infiniti 2000 I30 at 185000 miles on it. Saler said he just put new alternator or starter in. Can't remember. As soon as I drove home it was smoking!! Power steering leak. Mechanic put in one new power steering hole and it began to leak on the way home again. Replaced other part of power steering hose (longer hose) also my caliber on passenger side had froze up. Now that is replaced it rides so nice. Idk wat others are talking about with making turns because I be whipping my turns in this car. Feels nice when driving and I have faith that i will get my money worth or more. I lllooovvveeee my Infiniti.

Car has too many problems
By Croix d'Or

2000 INFINITI I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I cannot be for sure if all i30t Infiniti's were as crap as mine,but mine was overall pretty poor.Steering was pretty bad when you turn going 25 mph.The entire car tends sort of throw all it's weight to the opposite direction of the turn.I know plenty of cars just like the i30 that do not have this problem.The seats were not comfortable for a luxury car,interior wasn't all to great.The exterior design is really boring.There are TONS of cars that are a whole lot better than the i30.

2000 I30T
By wtfletcher

2000 INFINITI I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

Update 4-9-2018- Now I'm on my 7th set of rotors/calipers. Terrible investment and I'll never buy another Nissan/Inifiniti.

Update 9/29/16 - Terrible investment.
Update 4/12/16 - I'm on my 6th set of rotors and calipers. They are JUNK! This car goes through rotors and calipers in 2 years. I'll never buy another Nissan/Infiniti
Very good looking car. I purchased it new.
We noticed that the car does not handle well. When you go into a turn, it feels like the front tires are beginning to slide. I purposely drove it into a corner unusually fast ( plenty of recovery space) and the car does slide badly.
I took it back to the dealership and they said it was perfect. Well, if that's perfect, don't expect me to purchase another infiniti.
We have replaced the brakes including calipers and rotors numerous times. Calipers freeze up often. It will stop on a dime, but having to replace the brakes every 15,000 to 20,000 miles is beyond excessive.
I'll never purchase another Infiniti/Nissan.

Great car! But rust issue on front motor/radiator mount
By taylor1111

2000 INFINITI I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

Purchased in 2000 when Infiniti launched new redesign of I30t model.
Car was originally my Dad's, now I own it w/ 255K mi. Had its share of wear and tear being 12 years old and driven on avg over 100 mi/day commuting.There is a flaw with this car and that is the rust that builds on the radiator mount under the car.
This mount also connects with the front motor mount. Car has been garage kept. I know of others that have seen this also.I can feel its affect on the car's performance and handling.
Its only b/c of this I am now looking for another car.
Cost to repair isn't worth the value of the car.
If choosing to buy, note to look for this.
However the car is great.
I will truly miss it.

Perfect Car For Me
By wnelmer

2000 INFINITI I30 4dr Sedan

I purchased my I30 in 2003 with 47K miles on it.
It now has 195K miles on it & I expect to get at least 250K without trying.
Besides replacing brakes, tires, & battery, the only major issue I've had was a transmission rebuild at 150K.
The car still runs & looks like new - I still enjoy driving it today as much as I did when I bought it.
I took in for service a couple of years ago & was given a 2010 G35 as a loaner car.
I was expecting to be sold on trading up, but I was dissapointed in the ride & overall feel of the G35.
I couldn't wait to get back into my I30.
Also, the last time I put new tires on it, the serviceman couldn't believe how old it was & how good it looked.

Very comfortable & well equipped interior. Understated, but classic exterior.