Used 2017 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

Used Sonata for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

Satisfaction

Sary Tauv, 09/28/2016
Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Best car I've ever owned

Matt M, 10/24/2016
SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Stellar performance. Car features are very nice, such as Android Auto. All my friends think I must have paid close to 30K for this model. In fact I paid a little over 17K. I'm driving Sonata for a month now, so far it's the best car I've ever owned.

2017sonata sport with value package

william mcdaniel, 09/13/2018
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

having drove a 2015 sonata se for a year and a half I enjoyed it .all the reports about the great ride and quite inside while driving are true.the 2015 was rear ended june 2017 and protected the wife very well.I now own a 2017 sonata sport and been driving it for a month and loving it . bought it used for a great price too.

Awesome Car - A Family Car/Luxury/Sporty combo

traxen, 08/12/2017
Limited 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my car certified preowned (CPO) just 2 months old and with just 1,498 miles on it. It still was in showroom condition inside and out and still had that new car smell. I was so happy to find this car while checking Mike Morgan's Hyundai dealership inventory online. I still can't believe I was lucky enough to get such a great deal on a like-new Hyundai Sonata 2.0 Turbo Limited fully loaded - because some doctor had traded it in because he decided he wanted a truck. This was perfect for me because I was able to afford it without going over my budget or having to resort to a lower trim. Some expert reviews call the interior and exterior of the Azera refined, while they refer that very similar styling for the Sonata bland. Well, I like the upscale conservative and refined exterior styling of the Sonata's exterior and I like the German-style layout and touch of luxury that the Hyundai Sonata 2.0 Turbo Limited exudes. The exterior has the distinctive quad exhaust chrome tips, as well as a sleek swooping design along the top of the car with a lip spoiler and rear diffuser. The front grill, chrome accents, stylish headlights, side rocker panels, and low bumper clearance gives the car an almost aggressive (I mean business) appearance. The interior is plush with leather seats and soft touch plastics. The center stack for controlling the electronics is laid out thoughtfully for the driver's full control. The whole plethora of electronic gadgets is just amazing. I like the pep that the car has even in Eco mode for passing or getting on the highway, and it does save gas. I am surprised how sneaky and quietly the Hyundai Sonata 2.0 Turbo Limited can get up and pass the speed limit and far ahead of all the other traffic almost before you notice it while in just in Normal mode. Most of the time I have to stay out of the Sport mode to avoid getting ticketed because of my lead foot. Of course the Sonata is not a true sports car, it was designed to be mostly a family car. It does have a dash of luxury and sporty pep to a very comfortable and quite family car. Because of the low sports car bumper clearance you will have to get use to avoiding parking spots with concrete wheel blocks. I judge the distance away from these wheel blocks by sighting them with the bottom of my driver's side mirror. It takes some getting use to but it can keep you from damaging your beautiful car's bumper. I still can't believe I am driving and own such an awesome car. The panoramic moon roof cools me off after jogging without using my a/c. I like the driver's and passenger seats that are powered for adjusting up, down, as well as back and forward; they are also heated, and cooled. I also like that the driver's side mirrors and passenger side mirrors are heated and powered for adjusting. The adaptive cruise control, cross traffic alert, lane assists, abs, traction control, blind spot detection, and backup camera help me keep safe on the road. The unsurpassed Hyundai warranties, proven reliability and durability are more reason I wanted and value my Sonata so much. I have owned my car for 29 months as of this update and I can truthfully say this is the first car I have really loved.

2017 Transmission sucks!

Ed S., 09/14/2018
Eco 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I bought a 2017 Sonata Eco in December 2016. The transmission failed on August 18, 2018, even though I only have 15,600 miles on it. It is possible that this car is a lemon but beware!!

12345...14