Used 2017 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

Used Sonata for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

AWESOME DRIVER AIDS

Jim Millet, 06/02/2017
Limited 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded my 2013 Sonata SE in on this 2017 Sonata Limited 2.0T in order to take advantage of all the updated driver safety aids. The backup camera and blind spot detection are most appreciated. The adaptive cruise control takes some getting confidence in but is very useful on our crowded freeways. The panoramic sunroof is also a nice feature. The two person driver seat memory is great and the seats are very comfortable. This car came outfitted with Michelin MXM tires which provide a quite ride with precise steering.

Great ride!

Vicky, 10/29/2016
SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just bought a 2017 Hyundai Sonata, and I love it! It has the back up camera, and the entertainment features I love. Very happy and satisfied with my purchase.

Enjoying my second Sonata with reservations

Boomer Driver, 04/25/2017
Sport 2.0T w/Black Leather 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T replaces my 2014 Sonata Limited 2.0T. The car is mostly unchanged with a few exceptions. The 2017 Sport 2.0T lacks some of the Limited 2.0T features including the automatic rear view mirror, blind spot warning, push button start, moon roof, and ventilated AC seats. I really don't miss most of these options but it is frustrating that the 2017 Sport 2.0T lacking the features of the 2014 Limited 2.0T is actually priced about the same as the 2014! I have also noticed that the 2017 is noisy and the turbo lags more than my 2014. On the other hand, the 2017 Sport Turbo 2.0 handles better and the steering is more resistant that the 2014, probably because the 2017 is sport tuned and the 2017 supports Apple CarPlay which is a big plus for me! (No need for buying the expensive navigation system.) One thing that may be a issue for some drivers is that the steering resistance cannot be altered as it could be in the 2014. Despite the concerns that I have stated I am overall satisfied with my Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T but the Sonata is no longer the great value that it has been in the past.

Great value

Steve Manicor, 05/18/2017
Sport 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

For the price I paid, this car is a great value. It has loads of interior space and great safety features. The interior design is ok, nothing spectacular but again for the price more than adequate. The exterior design is very nice, especially with the sport package. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a great value. The longer I own the car the more satisfied I am with the purchase.

Most Good, with some quirks

JWL, 03/08/2017
Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Pros: smooth drive train, great seats, overall pleasantness Quirks: engine isolation not the best - small engine vibration noticeable, stereo drops iphone bluetooth connection fairly often, wanders down the road a bit at 75+ (vs. prior Volkswagen Passat), regular stereo a little tinny - no speakers in front doors, only on dash, trunk has to be slammed, lots of little chirping noises and songs, using navigation with apple carplay means not listening to the radio (the limited does not come with built-in nav unless additional option package selected), stereo to me seems a little complicated (again, compared to VW Passat). Overall great car and happy with it, just a little quirky.

12345...14