Used 2017 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Sonata for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Knock sensor knocks his car out of desire

John, 11/05/2019
SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Knock sensor knocks his car out of desire I’ve had this car in eight times for this faulty recall knock sensor the last fix was software that bypasses The knock sensors ability to detect certain symptoms. Looks like Hyundai decided to hide the problem rather than fix it

MY TURBO SPORT

Jeanne, 04/27/2019
Sport 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drove the Standard Sonata, and then drove the Turbo Sport Sonata, the one I found online at Edmunds. OH MY what a difference. I like the standard Sonata for comfort and controls. However, it did not have the punch to accelerate that I like to get out of the way or get going!! The Turbo Sport did the trick !! It handles great, I took it down a winding road to test drive, and it hugged the road, accelerated like a race car ( at least for me ) it was so smooth. The seats are partial leather bucket with lumbar support and heated. I do not have all the technology gadgets, but I have enough for me. I love the car. It is comfortable to drive, it evens out the bumps in the road, and it goes!!! The gas mileage is great, and I have iPhone Car play, comfortable seats, so I can cruise for a long time comfortably.

30 miles at purchase

Daniel , 07/12/2019
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So far my 2017 sonata has seen no major problems, however when I start the car in the morning, I hear a thump sound coming from the left side suspension. Any one have any similar sounds. I would take it to the dealer but am afraid they would intentionally would do something to it for a repeat visit plus charges

2017 Hyundai Sonata SE

Crystal W, 11/06/2019
SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love my sonata! I bought the base SE model and had aftermarket leather seats added. I have owned this vehicle for 3 years now and have 55,000 miles on it. I truly enjoy owning this vehicle and it has to be my favorite vehicle I’ve ever owned. I still enjoy how well it drives to this day! The only issue I have had with it was the trunk latch went bad and had it replaced under warranty. I've never owned a Hyundai before and I’m hoping that it lasts me well above 100,000 miles.

Sonata with the works

PLNVLL Hyundai, 11/26/2019
Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My Sonata does almost everything well. Very roomy too. The only negative is the steering on the highway. While adjusting on a straightaway, the steering wheel should be a little looser as in every other car I have driven. It is just a little bothersome. Otherwise, I really like my Sonata. I bought it new with a 6000 rebate at the time and a 3998 discount from the dealer and on top of that another 750 if I financed through Hyundai which I did for about 3 payments then switched to the local cu and saved a bunch in interest. I paid 21K for a car with a sticker of almost 32k. Not bad at all. I am sure they will be putting heavy incentives on the 2019's soon.