Used 2009 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

Used Sonata for Sale
Select your model:
12345...73

Pros
Cons

It's definitely a "sleeper"

Jay, 11/30/2015
Limited V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 09 sonata used with 70k miles and have had no issues up to 96k miles during my ownership. It's reliability gives me the greatest sense of relief. For what it is, with its smaller v6, it really likes to show off if you let it. With good summer tires, and traction control off and in sport mode while manually shifting, on takeoff tires are almost garunteed to spin a little, very vocal. You can also get tires to spin in motion if you drop into first under 20 and hit it. No it's not a performance car. But I have beat Mustangs, G35s, TL (Older than 2013) Audi A4 & A6, MazdaSpeed3, and many other comparable V6s. Over 4000 rpm you can feel the valves open completely and a small surge in power. The addition of VVT was added in 09 I believe with direct injection. Gas mileage is great for all of this. And runs on regular.

2009 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

gwh2, 04/26/2011
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great Car! I have get 40 Miles per gallon/6.9 liters per 100 liters on the highway and 35 Highway - City mixed. Just past my second anniversary and the 50,000 Km mark. I have done only regular maintenance. I appreciate the great dealer service too. I cannot say enough positive about the car as it is still just like new. I drove a Volvo before this and the Sonata is a superior car never mind the value for dollar you get!

Great car for the money

Marc, 11/25/2010
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I commute 80 round-trip to work and average 32 mpg in hilly terrain. No problems so far. This car is very comfortable, roomy, and quiet. I looked at comparable Toyota, Kia, Nissan and Chevrolet products and none compared to Hyundai.

8 years of non-stop service

Pragnesh Patel, 04/08/2016
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in Jun 2008. Almost 8 years and 85K. Dealer has free life time oil change. Only maintenance was 25K and 50K service. Two Alignments, One set of 4 tires, couple of lamps, one battery. Looking to change spark plugs in next two weeks and another alignment. Two small hits from behind. Drove every where, sea coast on eastern coast, mountains of yellow stone and smokys, from Northern border to southern border. Works like champ. Hyundai is worth the money. Initially 24 city/39 hwy, now 22 city/34 hwy

Beautiful inside & out!

seximobile, 03/27/2008
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The redesign is a lot more fluid and curvy than last years box. I test drove last year's 08 sonata and it only had ok power. The upgrade on the new four-cylinder feels like there is more power off the line and highway passing. If I lived in hilly terrain, I would purchase the v6 but when I climb hills, I use the shiftronic and it goes just fine. Exterior is beautiful and Pearl White is stunning. Could go without steel wheels, but the covers have a Nice design. Interior is very Nice with high quality cloths and plastics. Good stereo.

12345...73