Used 2006 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Elantra for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

2006 Elantra GLS still going strong at 214,576

binski72, 01/29/2013
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in june of 2006. The only thing I have done to this car is change the oil every 5,000 miles. I have gone through 3 sets of tires and front brakes 3 times. at 120,000 I did a complete tune up and had the trans and radiator flushed. This is my 4th elantra and they heve never let me down. Just make sure you do the basic maintaince and it will last a long time. I do drive 90% of the time on the highway. With the cruise controll set at 68mph I am still getting 32mpg on the highway. If i set it at 78mph it drops to 28mpg.

A Really Great Car

JULES KIRCHAIN, 03/25/2016
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car was purchased in California and driven to Florida, back to California and back to Florida. Absolutely no trouble. I recommend the Hyundai Elantra very highly. The front seats are not comfortable on long trips however around town they are adequate. This car gets great gas mileage. The only mechanical problem was the original catalytic converter failed at 60,000 miles but it was covered under warranty and was replaced. Oh, by the way, the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty is simply fantastic. I will never buy another car unless it has the 10/100000 warranty.

116,800 mi, 8 years--never let me down!

jasonhk, 09/19/2014
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I'm surprised at all the mixed reviews here. I live in PA and bought my Elantra new in '06. roughly 6 months are cold, some snowy. I do 50% highway, 50% city. I do all recommended maintenance and in almost 8 years, changed brake pads 2x, tires 3x, headlights 4x, radiator 1x (102kmi), and an 02 sensor. The car NEVER let me down and repairs have been minimal and reasonable. I'm considering getting a new Elantra due to greater safety specs, but I'm leaning towards just putting in another new timing belt at 120 and doing the service. I totally see myself getting over 200K. Those who report bad things probably beat the hell out of their car. Just take care of it!

check engine light

michele, 06/29/2006
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I took home my 2006 Elantra the next day after 40 miles the check engine light came on. I took it back to the dealer he said every thing was fine. I got 1/2 mile and the check engine light was on again. I see another review that has the same problem. I am wondering is this a problem. They say I will get a new car tomorrow. The code is cyl 4 missfire when they run a computer check.

Best car I have owned.

Karen, 07/31/2015
Limited SULEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

It has been totally dependable. I have not put it through alot of miles so I can't testify for long term. My problem is getting in and out all the time.

Nothing but problems

pinache2, 01/09/2015
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

On one hand, I have made this little car work hard. This car has driven from Florida to California and halfway back pulling full 5x8 Uhaul trailers. It has driven from Northern to Southern California and back. On the other hand, I have had this car since 35k. In that time I have replaced the power steering pump 6 times. I have replaced everything else power steering-related at least twice. I have replaced many aspects of the exhaust system, the wheel bearings, anything and everything brakes including the brake lines, most fuses, the controls for the locks and windows, and more. I continue to average a few thousand every year in repairs since I bought this car.

You get what you pay for.

Gina, 12/04/2005
GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the GLS hatchback when my old Chevrolaet Cavalier was near it's end (1990)158,000 miles. The GLS cost me 15,000 out the door. Well at first I thought I got a good car for a good price. I was so wrong. 4 days after I took delivery it died at a stop light. I called the dealer and they towed it to the shop. They told me the computor needed to be replaced. I got it back the and 1 week later it was dead in the morning, had it towed again. This time they blamed the mechanice for leaving a wire loose. The A/C stopped working on it's 2nd use, they told me the fuse was blown and replaced that. Then a few weeks later when raing the wipers stopped working, again they said a fuse blew.

2nd Elantra

Kelly, 06/20/2006
GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I checked alot of cars before buying the Elantra 5 speed hatchback. I owned a 2000 Elantra SW that gave me no problems for 6 years, the brakes were still just over 50%. Our 2nd car is a 2003 Camry auto, so I wanted something sportier. I ended up with an Elantra hatchback standard, fully loaded. H rated tires, sunroof, suspension package, fast, maneuvrable; and with tinted windows, and disabler ignition thrown in for free by the dealer, This is one fun car. Surprisingly better made than the 2000 Elantra. The Camry is a nice ride, but the Hatch is fun and very nice looking. The trip computor says I'm averaging 8.4L/100 KM. Hopefully that wil improve as the car breaks in

My Car Air Bags don't deploy MY Car still Unsafe!

Raul E. Garcia Sr, 01/05/2016
GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

2006 Hyundai Elantra , many years ago, I was involved in an accident, and the air bags did not deploy! dealer and manufacturer did not replace the car, 0r offer me a deal on a new one, I had to drive this piece of junk without air bags, very unsafe, they said that the new? cars don;t have this problem, but I found out that they do! many complaints, dealers don't caare, and manufacturer never, NEVER contacted me about it. They don't [non-permissible content removed] , Don't buy any Hundai, they are very unsafe. and you will not find a solution for it. Raul Garcia in Dallas Texas dealer is on 635 in Mesquite TX (junk, junk, junk). Ralph in Mesquite Texas

One of the best used car values around

mattba, 01/10/2010
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Elantra is a 5spd model. Excellent power and fuel economy. Very good build quality and very comfortable for the class. This car feels like it will run forever. The only negatives are the ease in which you can dent the body panels and the engine turns a bit to many rpm's at highway speeds for my taste. The resale value is poor, which makes it an excellent used car value. I bought mine in Dec. of 08 with 23,000 miles on it for $7.5k Would highly recommend the Elantra

Great car!

Jay, 05/31/2010
GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used a few months ago and couldn't be more pleased. I routinely get 37+ MPG on the highway and it handles great in the deep MN snow. Great storage with the hatchback and the interior is great. Can't beat the leather, sunroof, etc. that you won't get with a Civic or a Corolla.

low maintenance and fuel efficient

sshegls, 10/14/2011
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall this car is great. Bouht it when it was new in 2006 because it has a 5 star safety rating and was inexpensive around 13,000. I had horrible credit but hyundai is great at approving financing. Ive only had to do oil changes and one set of tires. Have 36000 miles all highway. I drive long distance and car is very comfy on highway and its "get up n go" peppy. the ac and heat is fanominal in this car and the hotest/coldest ive ever seen. I still have original light bulbs and only used 3 tanks of gas to drive ny to fl as i commute. car is especially smooth with michellin tires and quiet. There is no wind noise at all. I replaced the radio with a sony and sound quality is 10 times better.

warranty fail

Anna, 06/16/2017
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was in love with my car. I took out extended warranty, bumper to bumper warranty(inside and out). I convinced 12 of my family and friends to buy a Hyundai. I serviced my car religiously. Warranty ran out at 100,000 miles and at 110,000 I now need a new transmission. Paint starting peeling at 108,000 headlights fogged over at 102,000. If it weren't for so many Hyundai transmission problems I would look for a new transmission. Now that I've read about all the other people that have had the same thing, why bother.

Engine blew out at 34K

vivient, 12/31/2013
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Very disappointed in the car as well as manufacturer. Car was rarely driven and well maintained. Engine power was significantly pales when compared to a similar Toyota or Honda model. Brake pads do not last at all. Our car's radiator blew out at 34K and damaged the engine. Manufacturer refused to cover repair cost under warranty even though it has not expired, basically has been a big fat lie about warranty. Will not ever consider the brand again.

Transmission Problems

missmyescort, 01/15/2013
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 2006 Elantra for 3 years. Up until the last week I was pretty impressed with the value. These cars are much cheaper than those in its class for any given year. I had to replace the A/C condenser and a power steering pump but not bad for three years. ENTER YEAR 4 & THE TRANNY PROBLEM! I didn't read a single review about Hyundai tranny problems... but once my car started having problems I googled "hard shift from 2nd to 3rd after car has warmed up" and WOW! A lot of people have had this problem. Replacement was the only successful fix (appears it doesn't lead to failure but I can't live it). These car also have timing belts, another expensive maintenance item so trade it in I did.

Best car i've never owned

petarvn1, 02/27/2013
GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I know, the title is weird, but hear me out. My brother got one of these when he got a job. It was a mechanic owned, 35,000 original mile elantra with no problems with it (other than a CD that was stuck in the Stereo.) The car is very comfy to ride in the front, but rear hedroom is not too great for anyone over 6 foot. It's also a good looking car, for what it is. The car's achilles heel is the Slushbox they call an automatic. We happen to have an '04 manual as well, and it's MUCH more fun to drive. other that that, it's just a great comuter car. 5K miles in 5 months, with no issues. Maintenence is pricier than you'd expect though.

Long on Value

Elton, 05/23/2006
GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I already own a Ford Focus and have owned Hondas, Nissans, and Toyotas. The first year's mediocre performance of my 2005 Ford Focus SE made me look to an import. Honda, Nissan, and Toyota have priced themselves out of the budget market without providing that much higher quality and finish than Hyundai. I had reservations about Hyundai, but I did my research and was surprised at the reviews. I've now owned this vehicle for a month and have averaged 27 mpg in city (Atlanta) driving. I have not found any quirks with the car and am pleased that I have had no buyer's remorse. The car could use a few more horsepower, but with the 5 speed is still respectable. It may be dated, but it's a bargain.

Overall...A Good Value

Austin, 08/17/2006
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This Hyundai feels strong driving around town but handling is on the soft side. Ride quality is good for an economy car and relatively quiet until you rev past 3000 rpm. Downside, does not get good fuel economy with automatic and shifts are slower than other cars.

Corners like my old 65 BMW 1600

Sabrina Hill, 06/27/2006
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

When I was stationed in Germany from 1969 to 1971, I had a 1965 BMW. I put a LOT of "spirited driving miles " on it on the two lane "Bundestrasses" and loved the way it cornered. The 2006 Elantra that I bought in May pleasently shocked me by the way IT handles. I set the cruise at 65 to 70 mph, cross my legs at the ankles, and just drive the car through the corners on the two lanes out here in rural Texas. If anything, the car doesn't feel like I'm pushing it in the corners, it just goes through them. This will be the first of many Hyundais, when I pay this off, I'll keep it, and replace my 1990 wrangler with a then new Tucson. BTW, I get 36 to the Gal. on the two lanes out here.

Still going strong

dragunz, 01/11/2013
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Well, here it is 2013 and my 2006 Hyundai Elantra GLS is still going strong. 128k miles on it, its paid off, and it has only had a few issues over the past six years other than standard maintenance. The one thing that still irks the hell out of me though is the staring wheel material. It has degraded and is basically crumbling away. I took it to the dealership when i was still within the 60k bumper to bumper warranty. They had the nerve to tell me it was not covered and i was causing the damage with my finger nails??? Oh well, that's what black electrical tape and steering wheel covers are for. All in all i am hoping to keep this car another two years for my daughter.

Good Luck Fixing It

driver, 02/12/2006
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The check-engine light went on. So I went to the dealer, who told me the exhaust manifold is cracked, and it will not be covered under the warranty because "it must be your driving." A few months later, I get a letter from Hyundai telling me exactly that the car is known to crack the manifold itself. So I go to the dealer and asked both the exhaust manifold and catalyst converter to be replaced. The fix costed over $800, and Hyunai would only reimburse about $400. 1 weeks later, car starts to lose power, and eventually died on the highway. It turns out the dealer never replaced the manifold or the converter and the car overheated and killed radiator.

Extremely Unhappy with my choice

mike794, 01/14/2014
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a Hyundai Elantra in 2006. About 11k miles on the car that I noticed my right rear tire's treads are exposed. I TOOK THE CAR TO FIRE STONE ON TALBERT AVE. IN FOUNTAIN VALLEY CA., TO BUY A NEW TIRE, THE ATTENDANT BEFORE SEEING THE CAR ASKED ME IF I NEED TO REPLACE THE RIGHT REAR TIRE OF A HYUNDAI. I asked how did he know about the exact tire of the specific car he told me this is a common problem with HYUNDAIS Shortly after my driver side door handle broke while under warranty TUTTLE CLICK HYUNDAI said it is vandalism and not covered under warranty. I followed all procedures and finally went to SMALL CLAIM COURT where the judge ruled no one is responsible for the warranty work

Hyundai NO way!

Hyundia NO way!!, 12/09/2008
GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Such poor quality, It rides like a buck board and so much road noise it's deafening. The radio has a hissing that is growing with age. The cheap battery didn't even last two years. Cheap tires only lasted 26,000 mi. It has never seen 37 mpg not even on a flat road at 60 mph with no A/C. The 85 dollar drivers door gasket has disintegrated twice. I don't even drive it on a daily basis and the sea tbelt does not readily retract all the way. The seat springs are already starting to go. In the smallest amount of snow and Ice it gets stuck. The body is of such cheap metal It collapsed when I accidentally closed the hatch on the XM antenna. In dry so cal climate the steel wheels are already rusting

Better Than...

Joe, 06/29/2006
GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I prviously owned a Saturn Ion. Compared to that the Hyundai Elantra is head and shoulders above that competition. With the high mileage I put on a year I needed a great warranty. You can't beat 5yr/60,000mile bumper to bumper. We've had the car for under a year, but after 20,000 miles it still runs like new.

Be Real

John Williams, 08/27/2006
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

For the price, warranty, gas per gallon of gas, a consumer can't ask for anything more. 10's all the way across. My wife's first car and it is a perfect investment and a great car to handle for a inexperienced driver. Great job Hyundai!

Worst car ever !!!

floridagal, 09/18/2006
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my hyundia elantra GLS only 4 months ago and I am looking to unload this car fast, it handles really poorly. Have to floor it to get it up to 20mph and from there it speeds up to 50 by hardly touching the gas. The gas pedal has a very soft and loose feel to it, and I don't feel I have any control over this car. My previous 1999 corolla handled much better than this. The car looks nice for the money but was not worth buying as I don't feel safe nor enjoy driving it.

A automobile Elantra GLS AT

crb@yahoo.com, 11/13/2006
GLS SULEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am averaging 26 miles per gallon overall. Consumer Reports says 24 miles per gallon. The EPA says the average is 27 miles per gallon average. The reports say the average consumer is getting 24.2miles per gallon. The Elantra I have has ABS traction control with a sunroof. I rate the car as a consumer a 9. As an expert I feel the car is a better than the Corolla LE.The cruise control on the Corolla was difficult toengage.Not so with Elantra.

i love this car

Ranier, 08/05/2016
GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i have this for 10 years now. It still works perfectly today and it never had any major problems at all since the day I purchased it in 2006.

Most Uncomfortable Seats Ever

Elantra Owner, 11/22/2018
GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been fairly reliable for me. It gets great mileage, and it's decently roomy for being a small car. The trunk space is adequate and the storage compartments inside are nice, though it doesn't have any cup holders in back. It's definitely had a few quirks... the stereo has stopped playing CDs and the drivers seat belt buckle had to be replaced. It doesn't handle the greatest in Midwest winter conditions, so it's imperative you keep up on stuff like brakes and tires. Aside from these issues, it's required only basic maintenance since its purchase. The biggest issue I have with this car is the front seats. They are the most uncomfortable seats in a car that I have ever experienced. My first big trip in this car was a 6 hour drive across state. It was excruciating. Most of the time you get issues with a sore or numb butt, but not this car... it's horrendous pain in the lower back. It's nearly as bad on the passenger side as well. As a driver, any trip longer than an hour will leave me hurting. I would not recommend this car purely because of its terrible seats.

Surprising pleased!

Scott, 08/02/2006
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in my Dodge Ram and, after the initial regret, am not looking back. A much smoother ride, more than enough comfort & room (both front and back seats), and MUCH better mileage made my transfer from truck to sedan less painful. I debated for a month or so & actually settled on a Kia Spectra, but after comparing optional to standard features & the over all comfort & ride, went with the Elantra. Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a mid-size sedan but not wanting to spend alot of money. My first road trip last week was the test for roominess during a trip. The results: passed with flying colors!

Great Car

sean w, 11/29/2006
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Is an excellent point A-B and back car. If concerned about reliability and price it is an A+

Brake Pad replacement

Jennifer, 10/19/2008
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

At 20,000 miles, after hearing a noise on the right front side of my car, I was told I needed to service my brakes. I have NEVER had a car that needed brakes with such low mileage. Now, at 40,000 miles, I was told I needed new brakes pads again. This time, I looked at them myself. The right front pad on the inside was completely worn. The right outside was half-way worn. The left front brake pads (inside and out)were hardly worn. It obviously has a problem! And the dealer tried telling me it's normal! I probably had a stuck caliper piston this whole time and they probably didn't fix it the first time! Besides, my caliper pins are missing!!!!

Hyundai Elantra a bargain.

Herb Trisler, 12/02/2008
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been full of surprises. 33mpg hwy, 26-27mpg town. Cruises at 100mph easily on the highway. (Yes, 100mph. Easily.) The ride on the highway is much smoother than one would expect, but when pushed at a brisk rate the car still handles very well, never leaving you feeling out of control. Good brakes. Also, no rattles. No squeaks. Very good quality of build.

Great value, great fun

Herb & Amy, 02/12/2009
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car handles well and at the same time rides very comfortably on the road. Sporty feel without the roughness of a true sports car. Nice combination.

better than a corolla

better than corolla, 03/27/2009
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I agree its not the best looking car but its worth all the money I paid for it. I have driven this car to Las Vegas many times, so yes its comfortable and I make it in less than a tank of gas. Everything on the car still works perfect. My car has 35,000 miles on it and I've had it for 3 yrs I just had to change the tires. I've had no problems with it. It runs and looks new. I also have a 2002 elantra that runs perfect I also bought that car new and I'm now handing it down to my sister cause her corolla already broke down 5 times and she just got it 2 yrs ago.

cold and frustrated

frustratedelantra, 11/28/2009
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

All though I have enjoyed my hyundai very much, in the winter it is very cold. I can't leave my car running to warm up without staying in it. There is a saftey feature that won't allow you to lock your doors with the car running so that you won't lock your self out. This may be good for people in warm places but for me it is very frustrating. When I asked my local dealer about it they weren't much help at all. Also for "SAFTEY REASONS" you should be able to lock yourself in in case an extreme situation forces you to do so.

cheap, tinny and reliable

ben, 01/21/2010
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have had the Hyundai since new, it now has 111,000 miles on it and it is very reliable and has never let us down. However, the rest of the car is falling apart around the drivetrain. The rear door locks don't work, the windshield broke the first year we bought it and it eats tires! Not to mention it dents if you look at it funny. It has not been a bad car but I would not buy another Hyundai. The fit and finish makes you feel like you failed in life somewhere and you will soon be parking this thing in front of your used trailer

Still going strong at 116,000 miles

runner_chick, 08/24/2010
GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car 4 years ago and I have only replaced the ambient air sensor (warranty work) and an O2 sensor (out of warranty) my only complaint at the moment is that my steering wheel is coming apart. I has been such a great car. Recently made a 4,000+ mile road trip and not one problem. Average 36 mpg on the highway and 28 in town. Just need to figure out why i am going through oil a little faster than normal. Definitely a good car and highly recommended!

From the cold alaska winter to florida.

morgan, 11/19/2010
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

In 05 I bought the car as my first new car. I was 19. Got married and husband got stationed in Alaska. So we took my car and his rsx to Alaska, we found out we were pregnant, this car lasted to and back from Alaska because Brandon was injured via I. E. D. And I moved back to Florida. When you take care of a car like this it will last you forever. We traded it in at the very end of 08 for a pathfinder which was nothing but problems so we got a 335i. One of the best little cars on the road. Brandon has the beamer and I have an 07 Civic. Not gonna lie. I kind of miss the elantra. Hopefully my little brother will get one in January when he turns 16 and he'll let me drive it I'm sure (:

Great little car!

phil110, 07/23/2011
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I used Edmonds to locate this car so thought I'd return the favor and write a review. If you're looking for a good reliable fuel efficient ride, this is it. I purchased this car a few months ago with 95K on the clock. I've just turned 106k and other than routine maintenance have had absolutely no trouble.

GREAT Little Car

Tom Butler, 02/07/2006
GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Was skeptical at first of the EPA's mileage ratings. On the first trip, I obtained a consistant 38-40 mpg, highway. Around town, I'm getting 25- 28. Car is very comfortable, and the GT's suspension is very tight.

Hyundai Rocks

Freaky, 06/16/2006
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Test drove NUMEROUS cars - Focus, Fusion, Sentra and Corolla among others, but none of them had the combo of price/features/quality of the Elantra. These things come loaded with every feature you'd want: AC, cruise, power everything. The interior is VERY spacious (this is a "compact?") the ride is quiet and smooth, the steering is quick and agile. For under 15k, no one can touch this. Even over 15k its very competetive. This is an outstanding buy and my second Hyundai purchase. Hyundai rocks and as long as it remains reliable I'm a Hyundai customer for life.

More than I expected

Nancy, 07/07/2006
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a 2006 Elantra GLS and I have to admit when I test drove it, I wasn't expecting much. What a surprise. This car has some muscle after all! Pickup is great. Comfort? Definitely. Plus, a smooth quiet ride. My only complaint was that the molding around the back door came loose, but is easily fixed by the dealer.

Toyota, Honda and Chevy Killer

Hyundai is Great, 07/21/2006
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was on a budget with this car so did a ton of research. It really is true that there is no car out there on the market that you can get for the price of one of these with all of the features. It drives extremely smoothly at least up to 85 mph (haven't gone over that), better than my last car's v6 (1992 pont. grand am). Many hidden goodies too like rear cup holders that pop out of the seat, automatic lights off, adjustable lumbar support and heated mirrors to mention a few. I got the one with the moonroof/abs/traction control for a little above $14000--can't beat it. Buy one before the new elantra's come out, there will surely be a large price hike in the new ones with same features!

New GT Lover

MaryAnn, 08/18/2006
GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Elantra GT in April 2006 after having to give up a 96 Grand Am. It was a difficult choice but one I'm glad I made. This is my first brand new car. I've had no major difficulities with the car; a few cosmetic situations that the dealer took care of right away. I'm pleased so far with the way the car handles, the gas mileage and the over all ability of the engine; there is a slight difference going from a V6 to a 4 cylinder. I did purchase the upgrade for the ABS/traction control but haven't had circumstances to use it yet. With winter approaching, I'm sure I will. I think it is a good quaity car for the money.

improved over my 2003

rodger chinery, 12/21/2005
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

after my 2003 was wrecked - the drivers compartment was totally intact i wanted another one I was so pleased with my first. allthe little minor amnnoyances of my earlier car were fixed on the 2006> it's a dream car for a comute and my mileage is now 27 it used to be 24 on the '03.

low expence car great warrenty

Tim, 05/15/2006
GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Car has had a few small problems, Nothing to do wih the engin or any of the mecanics just pieces of the interior comming off,Hyundai fixes with no problems. The car needs more HP badly its very slow off the start and passing Well dont try unless you have a lot of room to get by, its only got a 138 HP engin I believe adding about 40 more HP's would help emensly not to mention it would make it a lot more fun to drive But if youre looking for a good transport vehical its great for that I have the Hatch and with the back seat down you can put a lot of stuff in this little car Ive had it 5 months now and just went in for its 7,500 mile service no big problems as of yet

Blush still on the rose

RuralOwner, 05/17/2006
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I'm still trying to settle in. As a Dodge Ram driver who can no longer afford the gas to commute that way, the Elantra seems a bit on the low side with no place to put my jutting elbows. But the engine is responsive enough and doesn't intrude overmuch in the cabin. Pros: the controls are intelligently layed out and work well, the ride is less harsh than most small cars, and the heater/AC take very little time to get up to speed. Cons: I'm having a hard time finding a comfortable seat position, though I'm sure I'll eventually get there and and intermittant rattle in the dash is distracting.

Very Happy

elantragtlover, 08/10/2006
GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Hyundai Elantra GT 11 days ago. I went from driving a huge 8 cylinder SUV to this small hatchback. I don't even miss my truck! I am thrilled every time I fill it up. I is half the price to fill and the gas lasts twice as long. The Elantra GT is exactly what I was looking for. It is fun to drive with plenty of room for all of my things. The sixty/forty split back seat allows for larger things to pass through than in the Elantra sedan. I am having a blast driving this cute little "zippy" car. I highly recommend it to anyone.

It's ok.

Kate, 08/31/2006
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My husband I bought our Hyundai when our Pontiac died. After owning it for about six months now I would say that it's "ok". Not "great". Just "ok". We haven't had any problems with the engine, we did have a defective tire that went flat for no reason and was completely shredded inside. We have had to call the roadside service that comes with the car for them to jump the battery after we went on vacation for a week and left it at the airport. But other than minor things it's been alright. The price is great esp. considering what you get.

51050