Used 2006 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

Used Elantra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...24

Pros
Cons

Good Luck Fixing It

driver, 02/12/2006
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The check-engine light went on. So I went to the dealer, who told me the exhaust manifold is cracked, and it will not be covered under the warranty because "it must be your driving." A few months later, I get a letter from Hyundai telling me exactly that the car is known to crack the manifold itself. So I go to the dealer and asked both the exhaust manifold and catalyst converter to be replaced. The fix costed over $800, and Hyunai would only reimburse about $400. 1 weeks later, car starts to lose power, and eventually died on the highway. It turns out the dealer never replaced the manifold or the converter and the car overheated and killed radiator.

Extremely Unhappy with my choice

mike794, 01/14/2014
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a Hyundai Elantra in 2006. About 11k miles on the car that I noticed my right rear tire's treads are exposed. I TOOK THE CAR TO FIRE STONE ON TALBERT AVE. IN FOUNTAIN VALLEY CA., TO BUY A NEW TIRE, THE ATTENDANT BEFORE SEEING THE CAR ASKED ME IF I NEED TO REPLACE THE RIGHT REAR TIRE OF A HYUNDAI. I asked how did he know about the exact tire of the specific car he told me this is a common problem with HYUNDAIS Shortly after my driver side door handle broke while under warranty TUTTLE CLICK HYUNDAI said it is vandalism and not covered under warranty. I followed all procedures and finally went to SMALL CLAIM COURT where the judge ruled no one is responsible for the warranty work

Hyundai NO way!

Hyundia NO way!!, 12/09/2008
GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Such poor quality, It rides like a buck board and so much road noise it's deafening. The radio has a hissing that is growing with age. The cheap battery didn't even last two years. Cheap tires only lasted 26,000 mi. It has never seen 37 mpg not even on a flat road at 60 mph with no A/C. The 85 dollar drivers door gasket has disintegrated twice. I don't even drive it on a daily basis and the sea tbelt does not readily retract all the way. The seat springs are already starting to go. In the smallest amount of snow and Ice it gets stuck. The body is of such cheap metal It collapsed when I accidentally closed the hatch on the XM antenna. In dry so cal climate the steel wheels are already rusting

Better Than...

Joe, 06/29/2006
GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I prviously owned a Saturn Ion. Compared to that the Hyundai Elantra is head and shoulders above that competition. With the high mileage I put on a year I needed a great warranty. You can't beat 5yr/60,000mile bumper to bumper. We've had the car for under a year, but after 20,000 miles it still runs like new.

Be Real

John Williams, 08/27/2006
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

For the price, warranty, gas per gallon of gas, a consumer can't ask for anything more. 10's all the way across. My wife's first car and it is a perfect investment and a great car to handle for a inexperienced driver. Great job Hyundai!

12345...24