Used 2006 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

Used Elantra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...24

Pros
Cons

Best car i've never owned

petarvn1, 02/27/2013
GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I know, the title is weird, but hear me out. My brother got one of these when he got a job. It was a mechanic owned, 35,000 original mile elantra with no problems with it (other than a CD that was stuck in the Stereo.) The car is very comfy to ride in the front, but rear hedroom is not too great for anyone over 6 foot. It's also a good looking car, for what it is. The car's achilles heel is the Slushbox they call an automatic. We happen to have an '04 manual as well, and it's MUCH more fun to drive. other that that, it's just a great comuter car. 5K miles in 5 months, with no issues. Maintenence is pricier than you'd expect though.

Long on Value

Elton, 05/23/2006
GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I already own a Ford Focus and have owned Hondas, Nissans, and Toyotas. The first year's mediocre performance of my 2005 Ford Focus SE made me look to an import. Honda, Nissan, and Toyota have priced themselves out of the budget market without providing that much higher quality and finish than Hyundai. I had reservations about Hyundai, but I did my research and was surprised at the reviews. I've now owned this vehicle for a month and have averaged 27 mpg in city (Atlanta) driving. I have not found any quirks with the car and am pleased that I have had no buyer's remorse. The car could use a few more horsepower, but with the 5 speed is still respectable. It may be dated, but it's a bargain.

Overall...A Good Value

Austin, 08/17/2006
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This Hyundai feels strong driving around town but handling is on the soft side. Ride quality is good for an economy car and relatively quiet until you rev past 3000 rpm. Downside, does not get good fuel economy with automatic and shifts are slower than other cars.

Corners like my old 65 BMW 1600

Sabrina Hill, 06/27/2006
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

When I was stationed in Germany from 1969 to 1971, I had a 1965 BMW. I put a LOT of "spirited driving miles " on it on the two lane "Bundestrasses" and loved the way it cornered. The 2006 Elantra that I bought in May pleasently shocked me by the way IT handles. I set the cruise at 65 to 70 mph, cross my legs at the ankles, and just drive the car through the corners on the two lanes out here in rural Texas. If anything, the car doesn't feel like I'm pushing it in the corners, it just goes through them. This will be the first of many Hyundais, when I pay this off, I'll keep it, and replace my 1990 wrangler with a then new Tucson. BTW, I get 36 to the Gal. on the two lanes out here.

Still going strong

dragunz, 01/11/2013
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Well, here it is 2013 and my 2006 Hyundai Elantra GLS is still going strong. 128k miles on it, its paid off, and it has only had a few issues over the past six years other than standard maintenance. The one thing that still irks the hell out of me though is the staring wheel material. It has degraded and is basically crumbling away. I took it to the dealership when i was still within the 60k bumper to bumper warranty. They had the nerve to tell me it was not covered and i was causing the damage with my finger nails??? Oh well, that's what black electrical tape and steering wheel covers are for. All in all i am hoping to keep this car another two years for my daughter.

12345...24