Used 2006 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

Used Elantra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...24

Pros
Cons

Great car!

Jay, 05/31/2010
GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used a few months ago and couldn't be more pleased. I routinely get 37+ MPG on the highway and it handles great in the deep MN snow. Great storage with the hatchback and the interior is great. Can't beat the leather, sunroof, etc. that you won't get with a Civic or a Corolla.

low maintenance and fuel efficient

sshegls, 10/14/2011
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall this car is great. Bouht it when it was new in 2006 because it has a 5 star safety rating and was inexpensive around 13,000. I had horrible credit but hyundai is great at approving financing. Ive only had to do oil changes and one set of tires. Have 36000 miles all highway. I drive long distance and car is very comfy on highway and its "get up n go" peppy. the ac and heat is fanominal in this car and the hotest/coldest ive ever seen. I still have original light bulbs and only used 3 tanks of gas to drive ny to fl as i commute. car is especially smooth with michellin tires and quiet. There is no wind noise at all. I replaced the radio with a sony and sound quality is 10 times better.

warranty fail

Anna, 06/16/2017
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was in love with my car. I took out extended warranty, bumper to bumper warranty(inside and out). I convinced 12 of my family and friends to buy a Hyundai. I serviced my car religiously. Warranty ran out at 100,000 miles and at 110,000 I now need a new transmission. Paint starting peeling at 108,000 headlights fogged over at 102,000. If it weren't for so many Hyundai transmission problems I would look for a new transmission. Now that I've read about all the other people that have had the same thing, why bother.

Engine blew out at 34K

vivient, 12/31/2013
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Very disappointed in the car as well as manufacturer. Car was rarely driven and well maintained. Engine power was significantly pales when compared to a similar Toyota or Honda model. Brake pads do not last at all. Our car's radiator blew out at 34K and damaged the engine. Manufacturer refused to cover repair cost under warranty even though it has not expired, basically has been a big fat lie about warranty. Will not ever consider the brand again.

Transmission Problems

missmyescort, 01/15/2013
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 2006 Elantra for 3 years. Up until the last week I was pretty impressed with the value. These cars are much cheaper than those in its class for any given year. I had to replace the A/C condenser and a power steering pump but not bad for three years. ENTER YEAR 4 & THE TRANNY PROBLEM! I didn't read a single review about Hyundai tranny problems... but once my car started having problems I googled "hard shift from 2nd to 3rd after car has warmed up" and WOW! A lot of people have had this problem. Replacement was the only successful fix (appears it doesn't lead to failure but I can't live it). These car also have timing belts, another expensive maintenance item so trade it in I did.

12345...24