Used 2006 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

Used Elantra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...24

Pros
Cons

Nothing but problems

pinache2, 01/09/2015
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

On one hand, I have made this little car work hard. This car has driven from Florida to California and halfway back pulling full 5x8 Uhaul trailers. It has driven from Northern to Southern California and back. On the other hand, I have had this car since 35k. In that time I have replaced the power steering pump 6 times. I have replaced everything else power steering-related at least twice. I have replaced many aspects of the exhaust system, the wheel bearings, anything and everything brakes including the brake lines, most fuses, the controls for the locks and windows, and more. I continue to average a few thousand every year in repairs since I bought this car.

You get what you pay for.

Gina, 12/04/2005
GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the GLS hatchback when my old Chevrolaet Cavalier was near it's end (1990)158,000 miles. The GLS cost me 15,000 out the door. Well at first I thought I got a good car for a good price. I was so wrong. 4 days after I took delivery it died at a stop light. I called the dealer and they towed it to the shop. They told me the computor needed to be replaced. I got it back the and 1 week later it was dead in the morning, had it towed again. This time they blamed the mechanice for leaving a wire loose. The A/C stopped working on it's 2nd use, they told me the fuse was blown and replaced that. Then a few weeks later when raing the wipers stopped working, again they said a fuse blew.

2nd Elantra

Kelly, 06/20/2006
GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I checked alot of cars before buying the Elantra 5 speed hatchback. I owned a 2000 Elantra SW that gave me no problems for 6 years, the brakes were still just over 50%. Our 2nd car is a 2003 Camry auto, so I wanted something sportier. I ended up with an Elantra hatchback standard, fully loaded. H rated tires, sunroof, suspension package, fast, maneuvrable; and with tinted windows, and disabler ignition thrown in for free by the dealer, This is one fun car. Surprisingly better made than the 2000 Elantra. The Camry is a nice ride, but the Hatch is fun and very nice looking. The trip computor says I'm averaging 8.4L/100 KM. Hopefully that wil improve as the car breaks in

One of the best used car values around

mattba, 01/10/2010
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Elantra is a 5spd model. Excellent power and fuel economy. Very good build quality and very comfortable for the class. This car feels like it will run forever. The only negatives are the ease in which you can dent the body panels and the engine turns a bit to many rpm's at highway speeds for my taste. The resale value is poor, which makes it an excellent used car value. I bought mine in Dec. of 08 with 23,000 miles on it for $7.5k Would highly recommend the Elantra

Great car!

Jay, 05/31/2010
GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used a few months ago and couldn't be more pleased. I routinely get 37+ MPG on the highway and it handles great in the deep MN snow. Great storage with the hatchback and the interior is great. Can't beat the leather, sunroof, etc. that you won't get with a Civic or a Corolla.

12345...24