Used 2013 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Azera for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

My Azera has really changed my opinion of Hyundai!

Ben, 08/07/2015
4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I were in the market for a new car. We looked at Maximas, Fusions, Camrys, Avalons, etc... and could never find a car that we absolutely fell in love with. I mentioned a Hyundai Genesis that I'd driven as a rental while traveling for business. We decided to give Hyundai a look, but wasn't really expecting much. We found the Azera and were instantly blown away by every detail! This tech package car has it all....sleek/sporty looks, plenty of room for a family of 4 (was very surprised by how much space the interior has), premium leather, Infinity sound system, Bluetooth tech package/navigation system, panoramic sunroof, power back glass shade, great power heated AND cooled seats. While all this was nice, we needed something that would be economical. To our surprise, we are able to get anywhere from 26 to 30mpg in this! Plus, this car drives like a sports car! If you haven't tried one, you are DEFINITELY missing out!!!

Big Value for Price

kk, 10/11/2016
4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I am 27 years old and I have only owned luxury cars: Mercedes and BMW. When I was ready to move on from my BMW I walked into the dealership knowing I was going to leave with an Acura TLX. I drove the TLX and a Kia Optima but they did not have everything I was looking for. My boyfriend suggested I drive the 2013 Hyundai Azera (used obviously). I was hesitant because I have never heard of it but after driving I was unsure why I have never heard of it!! The exterior looked sporty yet luxurious, the inside was spacious (front, back and trunk space), the interior design was so impressive (comparable to anything I had with my past luxury PLUS some!). I drove it like I would everyday and it was smooth and fast. The cabin was so quiet. The mpg was a huge consideration for me which the Azera did well for a luxury car. And the price for what I was getting was amazing to me! I was sold. I left that day with it. I am almost 5 months into owning it and I could not be happier. I have not had any issues with it and I was in one small fender bender where the other persons car was damaged but mine was not at all which was very impressive. Every time someone gets in my car they ask me "what kind of car is this again? This is really nice!" I had someone get upset after I told them what I spent for it and they felt stupid for buying their car for way more and getting way less. I love my car! This car should be talked about more.

Very comfortable to ride, but not to drive

abjee, 06/24/2015
4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned this car for 2 months, and mostly drive it in the foothills of Smoky Mts. The car drives firm. At low speeds it instills a sense of confidence. The ride quality is one of the best – quiet and very comfortable, suited best as a family sedan. But some glaring shortcomings in driving experience show up in hilly roads. The car drives and steers sluggish in the “ECO/Automatic ” modes. In the “Sports/ Manual ” mode, the car is somewhat more fun to drive. Yet, Azera is best suited as chauffer-driven limo, where one can enjoy astounding rear-seat comfort, fantastic leather, and the panorama of the sunroof, and forget the shortcomings in the driving experience.

Great Valued Sedan

driver335, 06/08/2013

My wife and I just bought a 2013 Hyundai Azera after coming from a Nissan dealer, test driving their Maxima. We are old Nissan owners and have owned two Altimas, two Maximas, and two Infinity G35's. This new Azera reminds us of the Infinity G35 Sport Sedan we bought in 2004, except it has many more features. The Bluetooth and stereo are awesome. The interior room and the leather seating are great. We highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a great sedan at a great price that is comparable to a Lexus or BMW or Cadillac.

Just bought a 2013 Azera

omay, 10/29/2012

Unbelievable value for the money. Love driving it, great bluetooth for phone and easy to use navigation. Comfortable leather seats, seats 5 confortably including tall adults in the back. Wish the steering wheel could come out a little but more (an extra inch would have been nice) Overal, great buy, great MPG with potent V6.

Our second Azera- better than the first-

Rufus Morison, 08/15/2018
4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Only available as a used car- this model has been discontinued. It is a comfortable and thoughtfully designed car. Ours is the Tech model- the extras are really worthwhile e.g., heated and cooled seats, rear windows shades-power back window shade, "panoramic" sunroof. Great storage and seat comfort: a really good highway car. Rough pavement bounces are felt. Highway 29-32 mpg. Precise steering and very good handling on road.

Going back to Nissan!

MikeW., 09/05/2016
4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2002 Nissan Maxima SE and I loved it. What a super car and my oldest son recently turned it in to purchase his first Car. Back in 2013, just after I turned 50, I decided I would join my wife and get a new car. I liked the way the Azera looked, test drove it and decided to buy one. I wish I hadn't. The pros: the ride is decent, the car looks good, and it is roomy. The Cons: cheap interior(Trim on the steering wheel is peeling), the Bluetooth is (awful had to get it replaced once and people always complain it is hard to hear), Black soot is present in the exhaust pipes(Since Day 1 and I have seen other Azeras with the same issue) and the BIGGEST CON..the finish on all four 19" inch Alloy wheels is peeling and Hyundai(nor my dealer - Burns Hyundai in Marlton, NJ) will not replace them. The car will be sold shortly and I will be going back to Nissan.

Wonda hyndai

Judi, 05/17/2018
4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Great car but visibility bad for short people, sold it for suv for better biew.

Great first 2 years

Bernie, 05/16/2018
4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Has declined over the last three years. Now 6 years old with only 45K miles, but hasn't aged well.

I hate this car

Jay Skousen, 03/23/2016
4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is probably the 15th car I have owned and I have had only a few clunkers, but this one takes the cake. It is not the "big" issues, I have not had any mechanical issues, but it is the little things. If I can recall them, they are: > The placement of the power seat controls are on the doors near the C(?) pillar so that in order for either the driver or passenger to recline the seat or move it all the way to the rear you have to maintain a sit up until the operation is done. Ditto when you want to return the seat to its normal position, a sit up is needed. > The GPS is difficult to program, and it has a tendency to take you on strange routes, going from our home to my daughters in Dallas the last 20 miles it had us on narrow two lane roads when there were major 4 lanes and decent two lanes available, and it would have been shorter, faster. Even on moderately near destinations, 50 miles or so, it has a tendency to misdirect you right as you near the destination, it has had us turn West when we should have gone East on X road just a half mile from the destination. A terrible terrible system. It does not show the roads you are coming upon either. I suppose it does tell you many POIs such as rest areas, but I would have had to take out the manual to find out how, gads this bloody thing has at least 3, yes 3, manuals! The piece de resistance though is that in most cars with the GPS factory installed have a hood surrounding it so the glare from the sun is minimized. Not this car, there are times during a sunny day one cannot see the display. > The sound system has an awesome sound I believe it has 12 speakers, an infinity system. BUT, it is not intuitive on how to program stations you want to save. It is nice to be able to save, what is it 18 stations per band, BUT, when you push the steering wheel control to move to the next station it only allows the six stations shown. To get to the others you have to take your eyes off the road to select the next 6 and so on. On my GMC it flows from channel to channel and once you have gone through all the channels you can reverse. I will say though, the saving grace is the voice command. It works well. (I never did figure out how to instruct it to get directions via the GPS, I only used it to find me a station to listen to). > I have heated and cooling seats in the front and to heater work fine, but after the first summer season the cooling seats for the driver were minimally effective, I could live with it, but when I first got the car it made me cold, not now, though I am comfortable but gee. > I lived in the Detroit area for nearly 40 years and learned to drive there. I was livid to find out that I had wheel locks placed on the car. Not one, not one person I know anywhere has lost a wheel to thieves, not in Detroit or here in Ohio where I now live. The key was gone when I first went for a rotation and was asked for the key, I was nonplussed. I had to order a key for $15, and could not buy new lug nuts as in the infinite wisdom of Hyundai the lug nuts are not a standard size I had to have the dealer replace the lug nuts for another 20. This is not an option I would tout if I were them. Can you imagine your spouse having a tire issue anywhere and not being able to take your wheel/tire off because it is locked? Whew! > It seems to that Hyundai has an issue wherein you press on the gas and the car thinks for 3-4 seconds before it responds. Drives me nuts, and of course the dealer comes back, "it is normal we find nothing wrong" I compained 3 times. I have driven for nearly 40 years and have owned multiple cars and vans. My brother worked at GM in engines as an engineer, this is not normal. I am not a fool. I expected this to be the last car I would buy as I am now in my 60s. but I am going to get rid of this damn thing and buy something else. I am sure there is other issues, for instance I do not like the keyless entry and start feature, but my wife does. The big issue for me is that when I am exiting the car and press the lock button if I am still coming out it will not lock. I don't like that, but my wife has no problem so i mention it but it really is not too big an issue.

51050