Used 2003 HUMMER H2 Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 HUMMER H2 Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (140 reviews )

2003 Hummer H2 aka My BigBoy
By bigsherwin

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I loved this car every since it came out. I bought a 2003 Hummer and now it has been over 12 years. I tell everybody that this is the best bad weather vehicle to be driving. I upgraded the features a few times such as radio, dvd player, rear sensors with camera, gps, etc I tried to be proactive about maintaining my Hummer and I would say I spent a little $10000 taking with maintenance and repairs over 10 years. Not bad. Every year I wonder if I should trade this in, but honestly there is still nothing better than my Hummer. Sure the gas sucks, but you got to pay to play. Parking can be a challenge at times but the comfort in driving is still incredible. And you can't beat that spacious back. I moved my son in and out of his dorm with no issues getting everything in there. My BigBoy is getting old and I can feel it, but like I said before there is still nothing else better out there.

Love MY H2!!!!!! None Better
By Rob

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this Vehicle for 3years Now and I'm loving every time I get in it! It is a blast to drive hard not to smile when your driving this beast! The only complaint I have is everything cost so much unless you can do the work yourself, If you can't do the maitainence and repairs it will cost you...lol Fuel Pump for example 1000.00 at Chevy Dealership 650.00 at private shop......whoooa 450.00 do it yourself in a day if you know what your doing. 350 for pump/strainer alone... Gas Mileage is bad but its a HUMMER what do you expect I had a 2003 Ford F-150 5.4 and it was just as bad and I hated driving it. If you love what you drive it is worth the cash your going to spend on it. I will drive it into the ground cause I can't even think of anyone else driving MY TANK..... Get one you won't regret it I won't. The best thing to happen is when my F-150 got crushed by a tree and I got this awesome SUV. And don't get me started on snow If you have snow and you don't like getting stuck this is the Vehicle for you I have never been stuck and go through blizzards when no one else can.

The Best of The Best
By Mike C

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Had the car 13 years, never had a major problem. The only problem is the mechanics they break something so they can fix it. Took to the GMC dealer he said I needed 5000 worth of repairs, than got a second opinion at at the triple A garage he fixed it for 175.00. Took it to Firestone to get the air cond charged they said I needed a whole new air system, 2000. I than took it to the chevy dealer they fixed it for 300.

She's A Beast
By Tamiko Coleman

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my first H2 over a year and half ago and I will forever own a Hummer! I am a female cruising around in a black H2 with a chrome package and the attention that this machine get is amazing. Its so funny to watch people when they pull up beside me at a light and they are truly trying to see who is driving this Boss on the road. Especially females! They look as if they are trying to see what guy is driving and they pull up and see it's a girl!!!!!! So funny and everywhere I go men always comment on its uniqueness. I absolutely love my H2. I feel very safe and it is much more comfortable than I could have ever imagined. When I first took it for a test drive I was somewhat intimidated by the size of the vehicle and knew that it would feel bulky. To my surprise it was the smoothest ride and I felt as if I was sitting on my living room couch! Maneuvering the vehicle was mind blowing as well! Changing lanes and turns to me are no different from a car. There is a blind spot but an easy fix! Buy one of the small mirrors that can be placed on the rear view mirrors! Of course the gas mileage is not the greatest but we don't purchase Hummers for fuel efficiency! I am a true H2 fan and when it need to be fed, I am feeding her no matter the cost! Since I've had my truck the only thing I have had to replace is the battery due to my after factory remote car starter and alarm draining it. Other than that I have had no problems! I put synthetic oil in and periodically have the mechanics check for any issues!. I put it on the road from Michigan to Atlanta about 6 months ago and it performed like a trooper and luckily during that time the gas prices dropped dramatically so I was good! I am going to always drive a Hummer because I am completely in love with it's style, comfortability and safety. You just can't go wrong with this Beast!

Very Best vehicle I have ever owned
By Tom Fore

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Rear seating is OK for long trips with heated seats, but people over six foot might be cramped on a long trip.
We drove 3685 miles in 5 days to Anchorage AK. Two persons, very comfortable.
Average mileage for over 7200 mile round trip was apx 16 mpg Average speed was well below posted. Canadian fuel was very expensive by the liter
Car was 12 years old and there was not a hiccup the whole trip, or after.
Be advised that rear suspension airbags must be replaced at 7 to 8 years according to the manual. I changed mine after 12 years of use.