Used 2017 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

Used Accord for Sale
Select your model:
1...56789...18

Pros
Cons

Great Car

Will Corni, 10/22/2016
EX-L w/Navigation and Honda Sensing 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car for all the safety features, and I'm not disappointed. I feel this car could quite save my life in certain situations.

This could have been a great car

Shaun, 02/16/2017
Sport Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I made the error in purchasing the 2017 Accord SE Sport without really putting my foot in it and letting the car run. I found out all too quickly that the car was all show and no go. the styling is great the car is beautiful on the outside. interior is par for the course I upgraded to leather I believe a wise choice for the money, the instrument display is easily readable and the fuel economy halo around the speedo is a nice touch. the main display screen is totally useless unless you are in reverse other wise it will show a massive clock or a tally of MPG totals. This could have been a cool feature if they would have spent a little more time on the software side of the car. auto system sounds good with clean high and bass notes blue tooth pairing often fails and requires rebooting the device or the car. the touch to talk button on the steering wheel is worthless as once again the software that drives it is junk. Driving comfort is marginal at best the car is prone to wind noise and if you are driving on anything that has the least amount of bumpiness to the surface you will feel it in your kidneys. All these short comings could be over looked except for the first statement in this review all show NO-GO! This car is equipped with the most powerful I-4 available in the accord but still makes less than 200 horse power. the engine isn't the issue however because when coupled with the manual gear box as I found out later the car can come alive. The problem with the car is the CVT transmission this thing is junk and the worst part is I paid an extra two grand to get it over the 6 speed manual. The CVT transmission makes this car feel like it is in a constant state of slippage don't pull out in traffic if to have a car coming because you will most likely not make it. want to pass someone good luck your stuck behind that person doing 10 under on a two lane road because the car accelerates so slowly. Sure you will eventually get to speed but it will take you awhile. speaking of taking awhile 0-60 times on this car have been exaggerated to say the least plan on spending just over 10 seconds to get from 0-60MPH in drive mode, you will spend 9.89 seconds going 0-60 in sport mode and the best but still poor using the paddle shifters you will eek out the best time of 8.96 seconds 0-60. a far cry from the advertised 0-60 time of 7.5 seconds. But hey we didn't buy the accord to race we bought it for fuel economy right? While it would be nice to be able to pass grandma on a two lane without risking sudden death, if time is on your side than by all means get an accord at an average 32MPG driving with the eco button on. This would be my only reason to keep the accord but don't buy the sport version without the manual as you will just feel like crap getting passed by everything in sight and have no ability to do anything about it .

Something to think about!!

Gen, 08/27/2016
EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

just bought this 2017 accord exl-v6 in white. Mud guards were not in the picture when I bought it. So I have a white car with black mud guards. Noticed it right away and do not like the look. Changes the sleek look. When shifting into gears the only letters that light up in red are Park and Neutral. I have to double check on the dash to see if I'm in drive or S mode. A simple thing that's very annoying. Not here's the biggest annoyance........when driving over 30 mph and then let up on the pedal because of a red light coming up ( or whatever) you can feel the car down shift into a lower gear. Don't like that feel. Will be taking it back to have checked. Maybe it needs to be tweaked !! Otherwise......was really wowed when I bought.

Wind Noise on the Highway:

Parvez, 07/13/2017
Sport Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought my 2017 Accord Sport SE last week as I love the design of this car. But quickly found out that Cabin of the car is too noisy on the highway, as we have to drive more than 100 miles on the highway to get back home. You hear the wind noise much more then normal, especially if you are sitting on the back seat, but even you hear the wind noise on the front seats. I complaint bout the wind noise and took my car back to the dealership and they try to adjust the doors but that didn't make any big difference. I am wondering if anyone else has also experienced the wind noise on the highway? It could be annoying if you are driving long distance and continuously has to listen to the noise. I would like to add one more thing which could add lot of comfort to the passengers sitting on the back seat to have a AC went in front of the back seat.

Not like the old days!

Katherine, 01/10/2017
EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2001 Honda Accord V6. Love it. So I bought a 2017 Accord V6. Pick-up is not as good; seems to have more play in the steering (I might need to get more used to it); steering wheel is uncomfortable: hard, not comfortable positioning for hands for some weird reason; BLACK dashboard! WHY??? When that sun hits it, the heat jumps back in your face! The radio/sound system is not nearly as good as 15 years ago. I am disappointed and doubt I will keep this car 15 years. If I could get all my money back, I would. Glad I still have the 2001!

New, Stylish & Economical

jAccord101, 03/09/2017
Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Driving aides can be a bit intrusive and sensitive. Car came to a complete stop on several occasion for approaching objects on the road that are 1" high (i.e. entrance access barriers, metal road construction covers). Both screens have some duplicate information which sometimes makes the other obsolete. Adaptive Cruise Control will sometimes apply the brakes pretty aggressive as you approach a car versus gradually decrease the speed. Interior is very comfortable, good interior storage, quiet ride, however, the rear speaker deck has a tendency to rattle as you increase the bass. Gas mileage is pretty standard for the class. Price is really good. The depreciation is horrible! A little over a 30% percent decrease.

2017 ex-l v6 coupe...sweet ride !!

Mattie, 12/25/2016
EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Honda and i am extremely impressed. I test drove a couple of higher end coupes before test driving this Honda and for the money you can't beat the EX-L. Very sporty and surprisingly QUICK !! With 3 driving options , ECO Drive, Sport mode or Paddle Shifter, this car is a blast to drive. If you like Gadgets this is the car for you, especially with the apple car play !! Two tone leather heated seats is also very comfortable !! Having trouble seeing traffic on the passenger side to switch lanes ? Don't worry , this car has you covered with a passenger side camera mounted under the mirror that shows you the whole right lane !!........I can go on and on, but get out and drive this car,you too will give it a thumbs up !!

Great car

KW, 04/04/2017
EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We leased this car to replace our Camry with 196000 miles on it. We've had accords before but this one great. Very high quality interior. Solid well built. The CVT transmission took some getting used to but now it's great. Smooth and quiet. It just goes. The folks at Keeler Honda were superb. We worked with Adam Dorn and the experience couldn't have been better.

Great value and looks, but that's about it

Andrew Kim, 07/18/2017
Sport Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I've now owned this car for about a year and a half. My overall impressions of the car is very good, especially at this price point. Understandably, tech and features and lacking. However, my rear view camera doesn't have properly calibrated guidelines. I took it to the dealer, only to hear that they can't do anything about it. Disappointing. Gas mileage is also way below advertised averages. I get about 23-24mpg with eco mode on, doing a good mix of freeway and city. To get the advertised mpg, you probably need to apply less than 5% of the throttle at all times, and no one younger than 70 does that (unless you drive a CR-V or a 2009 Lexus RX). But for the price and the looks, this is a solid buy. For my first new car, I'm quite satisfied, but I'll likely be dropping it for something else in 2-3 year's time.

Great looking car but very poor ride comfort

Mark, 08/17/2017
Sport Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the car in May with great price. The leather seat was great compared with cloth seat. The styling seemed to be more sporty than previous year model. Handling is great. However the ride comfort was not good. It was very stiff compared with my son's 2014 Sport model. I was told that because of the 19" wheel and the tires. In order to make the ride a little bit soft, I was told to lower the tire pressure and it is a little bit better but not perfect. I was told to down size the wheel to 17" or 18" and a bigger side wall types of tires. I wish I had known this before my purchase. I should have bought the LX or the EX version. Road or wind noise is louder than previous models. Overall the car is great.

1...56789...18