Used 2017 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

Used Accord for Sale
Select your model:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

new lights old car

jhid123, 04/10/2017
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I think it is time for real redesign, 2017 Accord is in reality 2013 Accord with poor quality materials that Honda started using two years ago. They just replaced front and rear lights, added some chrome details and call it newly redesigned... In general the car is OK, all the options are the same, as other cars in this price range, if you did not have Honda before you would not notice the difference. Back in 2015 Honda changed seats and its material, so in 2017 it is the same uncomfortable seats, they don't care about multiple complains, all over the internet, about driver seat comfort. 2017 got one more issue comparing to previous years: phone link is horrible. You can change phone setting hundred of times but it will not copy your address book. It displays message and claiming that it is been copied, but nothing is happening in reality. The same problem with text messages, your car will not react to text (no notification) and will not read them as previous one use to do. Honda is claiming new sporty look, but downgraded tires to Firestone Affinity (they use to install them on cheaper Civic). How can you have "nice ride" with such a horrible tires. One good think about those tires is fuel efficiency, but road handling is below average. Every day I see a lot of people driving Accord around me, so I assume the price is right for such a quality.

What's with the tire noise? AVOID HONDA Sport SE

PRCOTTAGEFORSALE, 12/29/2017
Sport Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The tires are designed to rub against a brake pad protector of some sort, which produces a loud noise that is very annoying. Honda now says it was designed into the car, after I brought the car in for repair 5 times. I think Honda is full of it and not standing behind it's cars. Who designs a car to have $1,000 tires rub? How do you say that with a straight face? STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR AND SO FAR HONDA is LEAVING MYSELF AND DEALERSHIP OUT TO DRY. I am not only appalled at the way Honda is handling this but insulted by the fact that we are suppose to read fine print in the specs now to avoid this from happening to you! THE TIRES ARE NOT DESIGNED FOR THIS CAR, THEY ARE SIMPLY TOO BIG FOR THE FRONT END. ADMOIT IT HONDA, YOU PIT 19 INCH TIRES ON A FRINT END THAT CAN ONLY HANDLE 17 INCH WHEELS.

better cars for the buck

cruz michael, 11/06/2016
EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Looks like a lot of bells and whistles, but they are not that impressive.Everyone knows they have great reliability, but besides that nothing is really impressive of about this car. I will only say what I don't like about this car. Exterior- Rear trunk is flimsy. Honeycomb front grill is difficult to clean and keep clean.Sunroof is too small. Headlights on low beam do not shine far enough. Interior is worse! The leather they use seems more like vinyl, not good quality. The sound system is abysmal. The back up camera and side view camera are very pixlelated. All the fancy things the dash screen can do , can only be done while in park. There is no gauge on the tires for individual tire pressure , only a dummy light. You can't dim the dash screen lights only turn them off( too bright). The apple car play/ Android feature only works if your phone is plugged into the usb port. It will not work with blue tooth. Now I do like the memory seat feature and the cool led light that shines down on the center console. Over all this care for this price shoud be better. This is a 2017 model but no choice in options to list it, but it has very little if any changes from 2016.

Honda lover

Mike Morgan, 12/31/2016
Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased a 2017 Accord Touring. What a fantastic car. This is my 5th Accord and the best ever. My first with a V-6. I must say that the Honda V-6 is one of the best that I have ever driven. Quiet, great performance and I averaged over 25mpg combined in my first 2 tanks. The interior is high quality, the ride is smooth and quiet with a lot of room in the rear seat. I would highly recommend an Accord with the V-6--its a great ride. I've owned the car for 7 months I have not changed my opinion. Great car, great performance and great road car. I highly recommend an Accord. I've owned the car for 2 and a half years now and it is without a doubt the best car that I have owned. Its quiet, powerful and trouble free. I have now owned this car for 3 years now and the car continues to perform like new. This 3.5 V6 engine is amazing. Very smooth, quiet, great power and still gets sround 26 MPG. Not happy that this engine is no longer available in the Accord.

My first Honda after 36 years of Toyotas

JG, 05/02/2017
Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. It has the space, the luxury, the technology, and the pep that I wanted. The Accord is not as quiet as my Toyotas, nor is the music/sound system as good. But both complaints are minor, and this car offers more bang/value for the buck than the equivalent Avalon. Car is two years old and I am still enjoying this car. No major repairs -- just maintenance. And the John Eagle service department is best ever. I'm still very happy with my choice.

Vibrate on red light

Volodymyr, 07/01/2017
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Makes vibration under drivers seat when you stopped on red right

EX-L V6 with Nav & Honda Sensing

Steve Whitney, 01/03/2018
EX-L V-6 w/Navigation and Honda Sensing 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted a V6, and the local Honda dealer was pushing out the last of the 2017 V6s. So the price was right. I mostly like the car a lot. Great acceleration, and outstanding gas mileage from the V6. I'm getting up to 35mpg on highway at 70mph. Engine and tranny are smooth and responsive. I am having a hard time finding a comfortable seat/steering wheel position that doesn't completely obscure my view of the gauges. Some have said that the dual display infotainment systems of the EX and Touring models is overly cumbersome and complicated, but I have not found it to be so. I do like the Garmin based navigation, although I have found no way to make it stay on a particular scale, or automatically go to "night mode" - you have to push the buttons. The Garmin navigation and standard features of the infotainment system, make Apple Car Play and Honda Link redundant. I don't like the design of the console, arm rest, cup holder combination, which is partly due to the hand lever parking break taking up much of the real estate of the console. Storage space and cubby volume within the cabin is about half of what my Camry was. The trunk is adequate, but a bit smaller than the Camry. The "premium" sound system, with sub-woofer, is OK, but not great, compared to other premium systems I've heard. All of that said, these minor "sins" are more than trumped by the price I got.

45 Years Old - First New Car

Carey Craddock (Houston, TX), 03/03/2018
Sport Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

As a 45 yr old accountant, I'm proud to say this is my first brand new car. I've always bought 3-4 year old cars in the past and I must say I love this automobile the most out of all of them. Started w/ a Honda Civic HB in college back in 1990, had a Chevy S-10 Blazer, an Acura Legend, Mustang GT, Chevy Silverado and then a 2006 Honda Accord. This is my 3rd Honda, always seem to come back to the Honda. The 2017 Accord Sport SE is a great value for the money. I love the exterior and interior styling. The exterior resembles a BMW 5-Series in my opinion without the price tag and high maintenance costs of a German car. I seriously considered the Volkswagen CC but practicality lead me to back to the Honda once again. I also considered the 2018 Honda Accord but liked the lines and styling of the 2017 much more. I contemplated paying another $1K for the leather but it was well worth the extra money. The leather seats are like butter! Don't skimp on the leather seats! That's the one point I want to emphasize. Go with the leather! What really caught my interest at first were the low profile tires and the wheels! The wheels on the Sport Edition are second to none. They bring the car together. I highly recommend this vehicle for the cost conscious, low maintenance /no hassles, style conscious car owner. You will not be disappointed. It's a classy car that you'll be proud to drive. My walk out price w/ leather and a 6-yr/100,000 mile Honda factory warranty was $25,500.

Noises from front end

HossJWW, 08/14/2018
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Only reason I bought it was for a manual tranny. After about a year developed a clicking noise from front end. Dealer tried to fix six times but still hear it at parking lot speeds. Also full of rattles most of which I eliminated myself Extremely fast and economical. Have averaged up to 40 mpg on my 50 mile commute.

RedSport2017

Chris, 12/23/2018
Sport Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This car is a pretty decent car and the looks you get are sure great. Have had plenty of people enjoy checking out my Red Special Edition. The only couple of things I wish this car would have added would have been all the the extra features such as navigation, blind site monitoring, Premium sound system, and a stiffer suspension. To me for a car to be called a special edition I would think that they would have loaded the car with every option that Honda offered. True the price would have been alot more then what it actually cost me but think customers probably would have been just a little more happy. The car is great I have put some nice miles on the car and the long hwy miles and rides have been pretty comfortable. The only part I dont like is when in a city and going over several bumps or a uneven road I swear you feel every bump. I also wish they would put a better sounding radio in the car with more speakers I mean I have 2 older vehicles and let me say the bass is alot deeper and crisper sound then what I have in my 2017 Honda. Other then them couple of things I really enjoy the car and hope that the CVT transmission holds up to the standard of Hondas quality.

12345...18