Used 2017 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

Used Accord for Sale
Select your model:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

Reliable Brand at a Great Value

Justin V, 05/08/2017
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

About the car buying process: It had been 14 years since I last purchased a new car and so I was bracing for the exhausting price haggling process and drama. However, this time around, I took the advice of a friend and utilized a few different sites to see what the best available price was for my car, printed out the certificate and went to the dealership that had the car I was interested in stock. After test driving the car, I told the salesman I was interested in purchasing the car and handed him the certificate. From there, he simply added the required sales tax, title and tag fees. Honda's 0.9% financing made the deal even sweeter. Done! Now, about the car itself: I've only had this car for almost a month and have driven 300 miles, but I am very impressed with this Honda Accord Sedan Sport. While I wish that certain amenities were standardly available in the Sport trim (Auto-dimming rear view mirror, Homelink, Apple Carplay/Android Auto, Heated front seats), I still believe that this car is priced very well and provides a great value. Moreover, there are not many mid-size, family sedans that are fun to drive, priced well below $30,000 AND offer a 6-speed manual transmission. The 19" OEM wheels on this Sport model definitely caught my attention--one of the best-looking wheels in my opinion--which is why I was not interested in the EX model. I was concerned that this choice would result in a harsher ride quality than one of my other cars (Infiniti G35 Coupe riding on 18" wheels), but to my surprise, the suspension on the Accord has made it rather comfortable! And, with Honda's reputation of being a reliable, trouble-free car (of course when proper and timely maintenance is being performed), I think the decision is clear for anyone in the market for a family sedan. Update (08-Nov-2017): just passed 7 months of ownership and 4,000 miles in. Oil life indicator showing 50% remaining. Averaging 27-28 mpg of mixed driving. On highway road trip, I achieved ~32 mpg. Overall, very pleased with purchase and no complaints on drive quality. Update (17-May-2018): completed 13 months of ownership with 8,500 miles. Oil & filter change along with tire rotation at the 1 year mark. Still averaging about 27-28 mpg. The ride is still very compliant even with 19" wheels. Update (22-Nov-2019): it's been 2.5 years (28,8xx miles) and no complaints! I needed to replace a tire due to road debris creating a puncture, but aside from that, no major expenses--just oil change and tire rotation.

In tune with my coupe

John, 11/29/2016
EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love driving this car. It is stylish, quick and a great ride. I do not understand why there is not more positive noise about this car.

Great Vehicle

David Garrett, 09/24/2016
Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I knocked off 1 star from the reliability because the battery had to be replaced two weeks after purchasing the new vehicle. Other than that, I love my 2017 Honda Accord Touring!!!

Performance, Style and Reliability

Andrew Cummings, 12/19/2016
Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking to strike a balance between price, performance, reliability, and style. I was considering higher end vehicles... like the Acura TLX. The Honda Accord V6 Touring gives me what I want in a daily driver... at about 10k less. I had an '06 Accord V6 before this... and had such a great ownership experience, it was a no-brainer to get another one. If I had any ability to 'influence' any of the car's design/features... it would be to encourage them to take another round of refinement at the infotainment system. It's pretty good, to be fair, but as a software engineer... it's really evident that they CPU they're using is too slow. If you want to just quickly check your milage while the car is off... it takes about 30 seconds to a minute. The 'boot' time... is inexcusably slow. The Apple CarPlay is wonderful... And... it could use another round of refinement, in terms of integration. I see this is a Honda issue, not an Apple issue. It makes me wish that Apple had written the software for the whole infotainment system. All of this said... this is a fantastic car... I've only driven it 1200 miles... so it's still brand new for me... but I'm already clear that I made a great choice. UPDATE: I just hit 44,000 miles this morning. I still feel the same way about the car. I've adjusted to the incredibly poor infotainment system and just written it off as a growing pain. So many things are irritating about it from it's slow start to the ill-thought out trip computer, to the fact that you can't continue to listen to the radio while filling up with gas without a 30+ second reboot of the ridiculous system. That said... I love the rest of the car. It's so solid, handles well, has plenty of power, and the overall quality and ownership experience is fantastic. My dealer, Bronx Honda are generally inept... but the car is so solid, it hasn't had a huge impact.

Great Car for the money!

Paul S, 03/29/2017
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I leased the base LX sedan in December. After 3 months - I love this car. I was concerned about the CVT - but I've grown to really like it. No engine high revving through shifts. Also - the quiet ride for a $20K car is like a $30 or $40k car. Handling is sure, braking great and comfort good - although I wished I had upgraded to power seats so I could get a custom fit. Mileage around town is a little lower than stated - but I drive i a bigger city.

I love this car!

Dianalee Imondi, 10/24/2016
EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This car is wonderful.Beautiful, roomy, and a very smooth ride. I get compliments on it all the time. And so economical .

Fun to drive

Anne Benck, 01/15/2017
EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Loved the look of the car and the way it handled. Responsive steering and plenty of power in the V-6. On the negative side, I think the two screens is distracting while driving and the seats were quite uncomfortable for both me and my son, especially the hard lumbar support. Too bad there wasn't an option to upgrade the seats to ones that were more plush. The front seats in the Honda CR-V were better.

Window Noise

lnhasz2, 10/12/2017
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my car for only a few months. From the start, the front passenger window sounds like it is not shut tight. Makes an air leak sound. I took it back to the dealer because I could no longer take that sound. We travel long distances and after a few hours this noise become extremely aggravating. The dealer took it out for a drive. He then came back and said that he too heard the sound. He then took another Honda out for a drive. This one too made the same sound. He said it appears to come from the front edge trim. He then said there was nothing they could do. That, I would just have to accept it. This is unacceptable for a new car to have a 'defect'. Needless to say, I was not in a happy place after he told me that. Even my husband was taken aback from the lack of a solution. I am now in the process of demanding a fix or give my money back. We will see what happens. Recommendation, take the car out for a test at a speed of at least 60 mph before buying this car.

Hoping 2017 more reliable than 2013 - love the car

Chick, 11/14/2017
Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

(1st) I will NEVER opt for LOW PROFILE TIRES again - tires fragile, wheels bent from potholes - not suitable for real-life roads... EXPENSIVE WHEELS AND TIRES. (2ND) Navigation is lousy, and INTERMITTENTLY doesn't figure out where it is for a few precious minutes, which is when I need it most in unfamiliar places. I traded a 2013 Accord V6 for a 2017 V6 Touring after replacing 2013 starter twice in 4 months. Loved the car, but couldn't stand the starter problem endemic to 2013-1015 V6s. Giving Honda another chance, since I've had them since 1978. Didn't need all the Touring extras, but it came in the colors we both agreed on. Love the V6 power and open road economy [32-34/gal.]; mileage is only about 17+ in our local very short trips. Love the comfortable seats - 12 hour drive to Florida no problem. Love the backup camera, and the camera in right side mirror, which I use to monitor any open lanes to my right. Smooth and quiet, but enough feedback from suspension to remember you're still alive and awake. Great visibility/glass, which is what first sold me on an Accord back in '78. Touring 40-series tires are expensive to replace-have lost two to road hazards in 6000 miles. Top safety rating in 2013 also drew me to this model. A genuine bargain for the power and features this car packs... paid about $4000 under sticker on this last model year, and could have done better if didn't need car deal that day.

High-End Look and Feel!!!

DC, 11/16/2017
Sport Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

** 2017 Accord Sport Special Edition ** First, shout out to Kean Thompson at Honda of Owings Mill for an easy way to buy a Honda! Now on with the review... I have owned 2 Accords (1 Sedan and 1 Coupe), 2 Pilots and 2 CVRs before purchasing this Accord Sport Special Edition; I am a fan of the value and quality with the Honda products. I have owned a few High-End Cars/SUVs (Audi, Range Rover and Volvo). This Sport SE might be the most finely appointed and ergonomically featured car I have driven!! At first glance, it might be mistaken for an Audi A4 or BMX 3 Series, nice clean, modern lines. The performance is really good for a 4 cylinder. The 19" rims give this car a nice added performance look; super sharp! The ride is pretty good, but I will recommend to any one looking for a smoother ride, go for touring edition. But if you want the look and feel of a German car, with better reliability, then the Sport SE is the way to go!!! I am very happy with the Sport SE, might rival my Pilot for my favorite vehicle!!

12345...18