Used 2017 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

Used Accord for Sale
Select your model:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

Good car but Honda can do better

Car Lover 1979, 06/11/2017
EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

it's a good car but not a great car. There's a lot of nice technological features. The car rides smooth. It's nice looking. Couple issues though. First, the cvt transmission isn't great In city driving. Jerks at low speeds. Car doesn't want to stop easy as there's no downshift. Infotainment is slow responding. Wheels look nice but they stick out from the tire making it easy to get curb rash. Mileage in the city is not good.

2017 ACCORD V6 COUPE EXL

Dom, 12/30/2017
EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent value in my opinion. Honda Reliability, style, price all worth the money. I have owned two Hondas and one Acura and I couldn't be happier with my new purchase. I think if you’re honest with yourself what you're getting for between 25-32K is worth it. I'm sure if you need all the bells and whistles you're probably considering luxury with the luxury price tag and maintinence cost. I'm practical and drive 100miles per day so with that being said I went with coupe V6 because it's usually just me to and from work. I chose V6 over CVT because I like the extra power and don't care for the ticking in the CVT. That being said the coupe is a dieing breed and since this was Honda's last year for the coupe and 6 cylinder, I let go of the 2002 Honda Accod at 250k miles and upgraded. The two screens is a little much, but I love the seat warmers, memory setting, Bluetooth, and a decent sound system. I live in the Bay Area, so mild wheather conditions, but crappy roads, but front wheel drive is sufficient. Gas mileage could be better but at 25mpg, I'll get over it. I wish Honda would stand by their product and offer a better warranty (30k or 3 years) is shameful. I've owned for 6 months and am happy with my purchase. After owning for a year now (16k miles) I’m pretty happy with my Accord excellent ride and good re-sell value. Bluetooth could be better sometimes difficult to hear. Great car for the value. It’s been 3 years now and I am approaching 30k miles...warrant is set to expire this year and I am hoping not to have any issues with it at this point. Quiet ride, nice size for a coupe, rides more like a sedan than sports car. Overall good value. 35k miles and still looks brand new. I am still happy with my purchase.

Very special car!

John Czm, 01/09/2018
Sport Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I had 11 news cars before my SE including 6 European. I can say that this is the best choice so far. Bought it in August 2017, have driven 3000 mile without a single issue. I like driving firm, responsive and tight tuned cars which Accord Sport has all these tastes with very reasonable price. Interior is beautiful, seats are very comfortable, leather gives high quality ambiance. Most of people think that Sport or Sport SE are just polished LX which is not true. Sport SE has many upgrades; mechanical: bigger rotors, sharper steering ratio, direct flow exhaust, interior features: black headliner, leather heated seats, very attractive aluminum pedals and 60:40 rear seat. All these upgrades create a special car without breaking a bank. Everything is rock solid in the car, drives great, great responsive handling for a family sedan. I am writing this after a major snow storm and ice rain, this car keeps its strong handling character. This is my first Honda, VTEC engine is a great sample of engineering and the CVT transmission is much better than competitors, smooth and responsive if you use the Sport mode. Highly recommended to daily drivers who doesn’t want to invest in over price crossovers. Update : After driving 30 months and 20k miles, I did only oil changes at dealers, never gave me a single issue. It looks , drives like new, averaging 30 mpg mix driving. I love my Accord!

My Coupe

Bugs, 12/28/2017
Touring V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Own the V6 Coupe Auto for 6 months now. Only 4k miles so far and no problems or compliants and gas mpg and power is awesome. Safety technology on this car is great. Little over a year old and still no issues. I actually enjoy driving it and impressed on the mpg and it still smells new and nothing is wearing other than the tires and brakes whick is expected.

Honda loyalist no longer

Joel vanderhill, 12/14/2016
EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Dissapointment! After 30'years of driving Hondas, My 2017 Accord does not live up to Honda quality. My last Accord a 2013 was a much better car. The new car has a shudder in the steering at highway speeds that is not correctable. The steering is also unstable. With no surface interference (wind, road crown) the car will not go straight. It floats and needs continuous correction. Honda's suspension retuning has apparently failed.'The dealer has balanced and aligned wheels, replaced all tires and tried other cars of the same trim line and they all exhibit the same idiosyncrasies. Very sad. I have an iPhone SE with 10.1.1 which pairs fine with the Bluetooth Handsfreelink, however the connectivity is horrible. It rarely takes an audio command, often does not pick up a call, cuts in and out rendering it unusable. After many calls to Honda and Apple I Have given up. Back to handheld. Very sad. The back up camera was improperly installed and replaced but it is such an inferior optic it is useless at night and sketchy in daylight. No more Hondas for me. I am not a big fan of the style change either but the basics, drivability and technology are safety issues that are unforgivable for Honda. Very sad and I will shop for another brand after suffering through this lease.

New 2017 Accord LX Sedan Overview

Paul S., 01/04/2017
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my basic Accord LX for a month now. It's a great car for the price: quality, steering, comfort, brakes, climate controls, even the CVT is great. The only issue I have is with the mileage. I'm driving mainly at low speeds around the city - and I'm averaging 18mpg. According to other owners, the CVT (in reg or econ modes) at low speeds (under 30mph) does not get the advertised 26mpg. I put it in S gear now below 30mph. After I got the speed up - and out on the highway - mpg is right where it should be in re or econ modes. I'm happy with the car

Great Car with a few flaws

Jarrod Manna, 01/09/2017
Sport Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned my 2017 Accord Sport Special Edition for about a month now. I upgraded to this car from a 2006 Honda Accord. Keeping my cars for several years, I require my vehicles to be dependable. That's why I stuck with Honda. My 2006 Accord was a great car that gave me zero problems for ten years. It only had 115k miles on it but I wanted something new. Needless to say, upgrading to a 2017 model, was a no-brainer. With that being said, even though I enjoy my new Accord, it's not perfect. I'm not achieving the advertised mpg of 26 city. I'm averaging closer to 21/22 in town. I use the Econ feature and keep it in "D" not "S" mode, so I'm not sure why my mpg is slow low. Could using the heater lower the mpg that much? Hmm... Perhaps I still need to break it in. However, city driving is a joy. Not only is the car comfortable, easy and fun to drive, I'm noticing other drivers breaking their necks to check it out. It's a nice feeling to see others taking notice of this attractive car. For a practical midsize sedan, I think it looks great! The interior screams luxury with the red stitched black leather interior and cool dash. The speedometer features a color ring that changes from white to green when you reach efficient driving. I mean, whaaat?!? I don't have the dual-screen infotainment, but I'm glad about that. It just seems too much. I don't think I'd use it that much anyway. The audio speakers are average at best. You'd think Honda would install better than average speakers but again, nothing's perfect. The car drives a little different at higher speeds. It seems I have to "control" the car more than my old 2006 model. It kinda wants to veer a bit on the highway, making for a little less comfortable ride. Are the 19" wheels the culprit? You tell me. Overall, I'm very happy with my 2017 Honda Accord Sport Special Edition. It's a beautiful, fun and quality made car which I look forward to driving over the next ten years.

2017 Honda Accord coupe v6 poor mans sports coupe

Chuck Katz, 09/02/2018
EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

5.5 0-60. accelerates great in traffic. not too many coupes left, hope they bring it back in the 2020 year

Don't need navigation

JR, 10/02/2016
EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

You can hook up your phone and use Google maps on the touch screen via Android Auto (or a similar iPhone app). Handles great and comfortable ride.

First new Accord

Stephanie Barrocas, 10/09/2016
EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great car with great acceleration and comfort. i like to sport mode when i am traveling on the expressways. I allows me to hammer down and pass with ease.

12345...18