Used 2007 GMC Yukon XL Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Yukon XL for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Traded Expedition and love this SUV!

Trish, 01/08/2007

I had two Expeditions before getting the Denali XL. The first Expedition (pre 2003 model) was great. The next Expedition was awful! Which makes the Denali look that much better! I love the space (Expedition lacked terribly), love the look, love the package (I got it loaded out), love everything about it (except of course the MPG... but was expected!). If you are looking for a wonderful SUV that is large enough to take a family of 5 (3 boys and mom and dad) on vacation yet nimble enough to park in the Walmart parking lot, this is it! Can't give it enough praise!

Prepare for service!

gmtruckman, 08/15/2011

Very comfortable vehicle but many, many problems with all the little sensors plus the 5.3 liter motor has a major defect and burns oil. GM says 1 quart per 2,000 miles is okay but after 80,000 miles it burns double that. It will even fail inspection for a lean cylinder due to the oil consumption. The services stabilitrack / traction control will also pop on for you on multiple occasions. The tires monitoring system always needs to be reset, the cruise control works only when it wants too and the vehicle used allot of fuel. They say 13c/19hwy but on average you get 14.9 total.

Oil Consumption & loss of pressure - Recall - Don't Buy

57mechanic, 04/22/2011

In a nutshell, I'll advise anyone considering purchasing a GM truck with their 5.3 liter aluminum block to stay away. GM doesn't acknowledge the consumption problem & will not rectify it. "Sorry, but until it uses a quart every 1200 miles, it's considered normal." Since brand new, we religiously change oil & filter at 3,000 miles & have records to prove it. It began at 15,000 miles with "low oil level" alarm. Now.....1.5 quarts every 3,000 miles. Low oil alarm comes on anytime, anywhere but more frequent during freeway driving. Problem #2, "low oil pressure-turn off engine" oil pressure gauge goes to zero. Anytime, anywhere! What a nightmare! We are scared to leave the city with it.

Nice Engine!

Pinchme, 02/01/2010

Just traded our 06 Denali in for the 07, loved the new body style just couldn't afford it in 07. We had few problems with the 06 so had no reservations about buying another one. The 07 is great (haven't had it long)...the engine is even more powerful than previous one...and I raved about that one. The passing gear is amazing. Exhaust bellow is music to my ears. Domestic build quality always leaves something to be desired when compared to imports...but that's always the case. Fuel eco is great considering the near 400 hp engine and massive vehicle size, its better than my Nissan Titan. If your looking for a serious people mover I would highly recommend looking at these.

Great Fun Car!

lulu, 01/13/2007

Purchased this car on 01/02/07 to replace our 2001 Suburban LT 4x4. Demo with 1000 miles on it. Immediately drove from SF Bay area to Lake Tahoe for a week's vacation. Remote start was unbelievable. Start the car from the house, 10 minutes later, the car is warmed up, heat on full, heated seats on, etc. Such a pleasure! Kids love the DVD with wireless headsets, mom can listen to her music, too! Handles the mountain altitude extremely well - the 6-speed automatic really shifts smoothly on the steep inclines. Much better than the 'Burb. Poor FM reception and distance. Great XM radio, but we need road conditions, etc.

2007 GMC Yukon XL

donewithgms, 02/23/2012

This is a nice looking SUV, but that is one of the only good things i can say. Bought mine brand new, and have numerous ongoing problems. Excessive oil consumption, throttle body problems, and battery issues. The dealers and GM don't know how to fix many of the issues. GM customer support is useless unless the truck is still under warranty. They won't even help the dealer solve the problem. This is not the SUV to buy for reliability or long term.

Gets better more we drive it

mm, 09/02/2006

We purchased '07 Denali XL as a replacement for BMW X5. For us, this car offered best combination of luxury, performance, and price. Interior design and trim are outstanding, 6.2L V8 is responsive and quiet, and suspension is soft, without sacrificing handling performance. Turning radius of this car is actually amazing, given its size. Right after break-in period, we are getting about 17.5-18 mpg on highway (driving between 70 and 75 mph, with 3 adults and 3 kids and some luggage, mostly flat road, AC cooling off 100F outside to 71F inside). Day to day mix of highway and city gives us around 14mpg. Compared to X5, this is about 1 less on highway - 2 in city, but w/ cheaper gas

Fun to drive

Nautique454, 07/17/2010

I've owned a 2005 Tahoe Z71 4X4, a 2005 Suburban LT and now that I've owned this one, I'll never go back to anything less. The 6.2 L engine sounds awesome and performs to match. The fit and finish are much better than the previous design. A blast to drive and a lot of room.

DENALI

LARRYH, 05/22/2006

This is our third Yukon second Denali and it's great. Its drivability, style,accesories and comfort are exceptional. My wife bought it for me for mothers day and we have driven it everyday since. It has plenty of power, handles bumpy roads with the smoothness of our Lexus. The interior with the XM radio makes you want to just sit in the car. We were discussing putting in a DVD and sit in the back and watch a movie but it did not come with popcorn. seriously very happy with this vehicle.

Another oil burner

linkowski, 05/12/2011

I love my Yukon. However, it has been burning oil for about 3 years now. Three years ago I took it to my original dealership who told me that it was normal (with a straight face!). They refused to do anything. Fast forward to 96000 miles, took it to a Chevy dealership who listened to me and said they have had this problem. Next Monday it's going in to have the "shields" put in. I am still worried. GM customer service told me they didn't know anything about any problems, that the dealership handles all of this. I know they know, but as long as they can deny it, they will. Will post again when it is allegedly fixed. Very very unhappy with GM's response.

2007's are using oil! Don't buy one!

2007GMCYukon, 06/02/2010

I love my Yukon before 40,000 miles. Since then it has been nothing but trouble. It began using oil and has only gotten worse. I have taken it to our Local GMC/Chevy Dealer every 3000 miles since for oil consumption tests, replacing heads, lifters, engine cleaning, to only prolong the problem but definitely not repair it. I have found at least 3-4 other people in my small town who are having the exact same issue. When I go to the dealer now they ask "Now which was is this, what all have we tried on it?" Why doesn't GMC just bite the bullet and replace the motor? I am now at 70,000miles! I guess they are trying to wait until the 100,000 mile warranty expires! Don't but one!

lookin to upgrade

edward d benjamin, 12/26/2015
SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

get one w 20" wheels and full screen backup cam.. mirror cam too small. power lift gate almost a must have.. in short, loaded is not a bad way to.go.. purchase date below is est..

Not real impressed with 07 Denali XL

Max Manning, 10/22/2017
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Engine sounds like a threshing machine for 15-18 minutes after start up and driving. Had an 02 Denali XL with 6.0l that knocked when first started and with 250,000 miles on it it would still only knock for 1-2 minutes at most even in sub-zero weather. With 120,000 miles on the 07, there is something wrong with the traction assist, stabi-trac, the rear auto level is not operational and acts like something in the transmission or transfer case is starting to let go. Unhooked the air pump for the rear and added manual air valve to the shocks but the computer still doesn't work. Everything on the 02 was still working when it was traded in. Run great, fuel mileage about the same as the 02 with a smaller engine.07 didn't have a Bose radio in it and the 02 did. Not nearly as impressed with the 07 purchase as I was when I purchased the 02 and it was 9 years old and had a few more miles on it when purchased. Never had any major engine, transmission or drive train work that needed done on the 02. The 07 is roomier on the inside. Very,very hard to read the HVAC controls in the day time and I miss the dash mounted trans temp gauge when towing. Over all I like the horse power, roomier interior and better view looking out of the interior. The quality overall is far less than what I have come to find in GM products thru the years. Update. Now with 132000 miles the rear differential has a very very annoying whine coming from it. Sounds like a pinion bearing is going out. There is a very long bang every time it goes into passing gear, not sure if its coming from the transmission or transfer case. You can hear and feel the bang coming from the transmission tunnel between the front captains chairs. The motor, transmission and transfer case mounts have been replaced and the cross members are not broken or loose. The front differential seals were both out at the time of purchase and I was unaware of it until it was to late and damage was done to the front differential housing. This I do blame on the dealership and their "inspection". Many of these problems were in the vehicle long before I purchased it and I feel that the GM dealership that had taken it in on trade had done a very very poor inspection. This is a local,reputable long standing family owned GM dealership,but I will never purchase another vehicle from them.The tow/haul mode for the transmission isn't very reliable, sometimes it works fine sometimes it doesn't work at all. The dash electronics have went haywire as the check tire pressure indicator comes on about every 4-5 miles of driving and the tire pressures have all the same reading. The traction control and stabitrac lights come on at frequent intervals. They will usually go out in a few miles of driving, but have been on for up to 100 mile before going out. No one has been able to find out why, just that they come on. The cruise control will not work when the air temp falls to 32 degrees and colder. Again no one has been able to find the problem or repair it. If I didn't know better I would say that if it was possible to turn the odmeter back, it has been done on this unit. It is in far worse condition than the one I traded in with 250,000 plus miles. I have owned Chevrolet and GMC Suburbans and Yukons for 40 years and this one has been the biggest piece of junk that I have ever owned in my life. I will never own a import brand, but I am not sure if I'll own another GM product. I am amazed at how much the Denali was cheapened up from the 2002-2006 models and the 2007 and newer models. I am keeping it mainly because of the money I have invested in purchasing this vehicle and the cost of repairs so far and I still have several large and expensive repairs yet to come,but can't yet afford. I hate this vehicle, but I refuse to sell it to some other person knowing that there is so much wrong with it. I am approaching retirement and was planning to use this vehicle to travel with, but i am not sure if i will ever be able to feel safe in driving it far from home.

I Love This Truck!

Kelly, 10/07/2006

This truck drives great! We have two small children and it works great for our family.

Very very close to a homerun for GMC

Steve, 08/09/2006

Have had mine for a week+. I've had two other Yukon XL Denalis with an '05 the last. This one promises to be the best. One major flaw and a safety issue is that you cannot see the instrument cluster in daylight. Night viewing is fine. Before buying check that out and ask the dealer to guarantee a fix. The old Denalis had a built-in mud guards & the '07 doesn't so you should consider adding that or the sides of your vehicle will be a mess. With these two items fixed I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone wanting a BIG SUV to tow a trailer, boat or just to haul a bunch of "stuff" and/or people around in relative. I didn't expect great mileage and that expectation was fullfilled.

2007 Denali XL Problems

aedmundson, 06/12/2008

I love my 2007 Denali XL but I have had major issues with it. Guages will quit working while driving, tells me to services suspension system, airbags, and tire pressure. Radio will not work, air condition freezes, windows wont roll down. Service dept has failed to fix it or find the problem. It has been in the shop 3 times. Also had leak in the rear damaged carpet and roof liner. Love the truck. I have been driving Denalis since 2000. I get a new one every year. Huge improvement from 06.

Nice Vehicle / Poor Electronics

Roger, 12/14/2009

We chose the Denali over the Infiniti QX56 purely because of interior space. And while the Denali has proved to be a great vehicle for toting the kids around to all their sporting events and our cross country vacations, it always seems to be in the shop. A couple recalled items and several different electronically problems (one of which is still not fixed) have caused several headaches trying to schedule time to get the items fixed. The service and dealer folks have been very friendly and pleasant to work with but I'm very close to trading it in for a QX56

Good for the first 60K miles

Bayou, 01/04/2010

This truck has been great for the fist 60K of its life, but has become a money pit after. I had front end alignment problems. Altenator went which killed the battery, cause several instances of me needing a jumpstart and a tow. Now both my front hub bearings went and the windshild washer heater module went. ALl the fluid would empty out randomly. GM dealer told me I was lucky the front wheel didn't fall off. That is great to hear when my kids are in the car! Door handle chrome is peeling and slitting my finger open like a razor blade. Lights are burned out on the seat heater switches on the door. I was hoping to buy anthother GMC but with all these problems, I don't know.

My 4th GMC

07yukonxldriver, 04/15/2010

I have owned four GMC vehicles (1997 K1500 Suburban, 2004 K2500 Yukon XL, a 2005 1500 Scierra and a 2007 K1500 Yukon XL. My favorite by far is the 2007 Yukon XL. I sold the 2004 because of fuel economy issues but the 07 never averages below 17 unless I am towing. I have had no issues what-so- ever. This Yukon tows better than my 3/4 ton unit did. The 5.3L engine will up an hide from the 6.0 in the 04. Best quality of any of them at that is at 45,000 miles. This is my wife's car and she uses it consistently. I have the back up camera/navigation combo and love it. It makes backing into a trailer EASY. Love it.

Leary

EastWALady, 06/17/2010

We bought our 07 new with just 57 miles on it, in feb 2008. At 26,000 miles we now have the oil issue. Not sure if it's burning oil, dripping oil or what. The dealership is doing the consumption testing and I have told them if I loose my engine and I'm under my 100,000 warranty, their not going to like me. Family really likes the rig and enjoys rides in it. Great for shopping or vacation trips. Looking at upgrading to a 2010 or 2011 Yukon xl. I had the dealer remove his decals, why should they get free advertising from me? Of course the salesman hesitated, but when I told him I would charge them a month to advertise, decals came off.

Yukon XL Denali a Winner!

XLDenali , 06/07/2006

GMC has hit a home run with 07 YukonXL Denali. Priced way less than Escalade ESV and much tamer looks, this SUV has it all. We've owned it just under a month and the family loves it. Great ride, lots of power..and yeah yeah..could use better mileage. Entertainment system a hit with the kiddos,and Dad loves how it handles. Get one, you'll love it.

'07 Yukon XL

TexasCarGuy, 06/20/2006

We just upgraded from our '05 Yukon to the '07 Yukon XL (due to a new arrival in the family). I was skeptical that there would be little to no difference in the actual ride quality, but I am no longer skeptical. This vehicle is hands down more comfortable than the previous models. I won't purchase one with leather until GM can prove that it can install leather that doesn't wear so horribly. Ours is an SLE, but opted for the rear entertainment, remote start, and XM as well. I appreciate that you load the DVD to be played in the front of the vehicle instead of the rear. I must say that the ride rivals that of my parent's 2005 Lexus LX470. Test drive one, you will feel the difference

It Does What They Say It Will Do

aspd3815900, 09/09/2006

You will not be disappointed with this vehicle if you bought it to tow or carry people or both. Don't skimp on the engine choice. This big boy is worth the extra cash! Just plain fun to drive if you like performance. Pulling a boat loaded with gear for over 700 miles was a pleasure. I had to look in the mirror to make sure the boat was still there. The daytime reading of the instrument cluster is a pain. GM could take a lesson from Lexus in this area. Otherwise I am perfectly happy with this purchase, except I have to look for excuses to take it somewhere!!

Best full size SUV

Thai Quach, 01/03/2007

Excellent SUV for price/size/features. I am totally satisfied with the ride, handling and power. My wife and kids loves it. I think its mileage is better when compared to other SUVs at the same size.

We know the good, here's the bad

Damn Yankee, 08/26/2007

Of course this Denalli is awesome in every way. I thought our 03 Yukon was the best thing since sliced bread, but the Denalli made it seem like a 2 for 1 deal at KIA. But have you ever removed your third row seats? If you don't have a chiropractor you better get one. Why are these not folding flat yet? It makes me cringe when we need the space! Where's the hood light? Also a vehicle in this price range really should have air conditioned seats. And last but not least, as expected the stellar gas mileage. Obviously OPEC subsidises these vehicles in order to keep profits up, I mean this truck will outrun most sports cars on the road today but you'll never pass a gas station.

Great till new engine at 12000 miles

Rob, 03/29/2008

Great truck. With newborn twins and two older kids along with 2 dogs this truck fit our needs very well. Was very happy with the truck until the 12000 mile service. There is already a TSB. If you get any knocking in the engine, engine warning lights, traction control or stabilitrack error messages- go to your dealer! Cylinder #3 was self-destructing and they will not let me drive it due to safety concerns. Will see how long a new engine takes and am concerned that the new one will have the same issues.

Want new one but can't wear this one out.

Steve Phyfer, 08/02/2016
SLE 1500 4dr SUV w/3SA (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best Used Large SUV for the dollar

John T, 08/01/2018
SLE 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Body style with appealing lines and tight fit body panels immediately caught my eye on the '07 GMC Yukon XL. The 5.3 V8 engine is well made, I had same engine in my GMC Sierra pickup that got 255k miles before selling and it still had plenty of life left in it. Never gave me a single problem with regular maintenance and provides plenty of power and acceleration even while comfortable seating 8 adults or pulling a trailer loaded with a boat or 4,500 lb car + trailer weight. Appears to have had dealer installed CL 3 tow package that's just perfect for the pulling I do. MPG isn't great however its on par with any other SUV in the large class plus if your in the market for this sized SUV, MPG should be low on your priority list. The transmission shifts very smooth, I only wish GMC had put a 5th OD gear in for better highway MPG (currently get 18-19 mpg on highway going 75-80mph). Interior is very inviting and well laid out. Logical and comfortable setup with some great features like the instantaneous mpg / V8 or V4 display that will help change your driving habits to the good if you pay attention to it to maximize your mpg - why rush to a red light?? Sound system, AC, general comfort and braking are all above average. I was able to get my '07 in excellent condition with 87k miles for $6,200 so I got a great value but there are plenty more in similar condition for well under $8k, just be prepared to buy from an individual (dealers will want at least $12.5k, even the desperate ones) so have it checked out by a good mechanic and drive it until the odometer rolls over to at least 250k. Hopefully you will be able to hand it down to your son/daughter - ideal as its very safe and doesn't seem to fetch what its worth resale wise.

Top Dollar Paid for Cheap Quality

hank, 07/30/2010

(1) Within a year, I had the drivers side carpet wear down to a hole by the arch above the carpet mat where I place my foot. The dealer replaced it at about 10K miles. At 35K miles..it happened again and they refused to replace it (GMC satsifaction intervened and refused also). So I pad $56k for their top of the line vehicle and had to drive it all this time with NOW a gaping hole in the drivers side carpet. (2) The door handles have popped off! Both on the drivers side and rear drivers door. Basically, when you try to open the door, to door handle popped off--broken plastic backing! (3) Rear defroster tab popped off (about 20k miles)..they had to weld it back but it popped off again.

So-So

Phil, 04/04/2009

Replaced a 2001 YukonXL with a 2007 Denali. The quality of both has been great. The 2007 has side-airbags, stabilitrack and higher crash safety. This is not a good tow vehicle, on paper it looks great but the rear suspension is too squirmy - I think it is the air bags that level the load. The steering is ambiguous. A 3/4 ton YukonXL would have been a better choice.

Cool Looking And Fun To Drive

ruben, 12/16/2006

Best looking SUV for the money. Great at the pump without sacrificing performance and comfort.

POOR BUMPER DESIGN

Rita, 02/14/2008

Bumper cracked from end to end after backing out of driveway over small mound of snow was told by owner of body shop that it wasn't our fault it was the fault of poor design of front bumper, will always have this concern because front bumper acts like a huge scoop that allows accumulation and eventual breaking of 2 clips which are currently backordered more than likely they are in demand because of all the bumper repairs was told to strongly pursue issue because of possible chronic replacements GM will not assist unless brought to GM dealership at our expense for evaluation Will they risk alerting the customer of this design fault, we think not WILL PURSUE THIS WITH ALL WE'VE GOT! GM FAILS

Love the style & power, like the rest.

Armdogs, 06/03/2008

I love the exterior styling of this vehicle and the actual driving experience. After 16 months, still love the low rumble of the engine, the power and the smooth ride. Also pleased with the space for both passengers and cargo. Most complaints are minor design flaws noted by other owners. Front console needs compartments, 2nd row needs under-seat storage, 3rd row should fold flatter, remove easier. Main complaint is the brake dust rusting on the sides of the vehicle behind the wheel wells!

GMC Hit a Homerun with this Denali

Big_Dell, 06/19/2008

This vehicle has set new standards for me. I am a Suburban driver so I am new to the GMC family. This truck is really nice to drive so comfortable when on a long trip or in town. The Bose radio system has unbelievable sound. My Denali has every option you can get and they all have been great. The only thing is with the price of gas today the mileage could be better. But if I would have wanted 30 mpg I would have gotten a Honda or a small car. I just got 18.2 mpg on trip with the air conditioning on. Don’t be afraid of gas mileage with this truck. The performance with the 380 hp engine has plenty of power for you.

One of a kind

ironmedic, 06/24/2008

I recently purchased my Denali for my expanding family. It is definitely much better than the Escalade. The power 2nd row seats are great and the DVD system is even better. Kids are much quieter in the back. You can watch a DVD in the front screen while parked. Navigation is easy to read and the denali handles very well. Great steering and stopping power. Power liftgate is a great option. Gas mileage is improved with the 6 speed transmission. I sit at 1500 rpms at 60 mph. If you want a stylish and reliable suv, keep the Denali on your list! Only problem: can't read the instrument gauge! It is black and hard to see during daytime. Need it in white! Black interior is very nice

Wind Noise Annoying

Arnetta, 07/02/2008

I like my Yukon, it is easy to manuever and I like to drive it. I previously owned a 1995 Yukon XL and still have it running in good condition at over 200,000 miles. It is more sturdy than the 2007 and I thought that I was getting the same value when I bought my 2007. I having problems with the automatic start though and my lights in the interior coming on when I unlock and open the doors.

GM lovers beware

Sadbuyer07, 07/10/2008

This was our third Denali. First 2 we loved, but new body was a headache. Constant downshifting with trans and dealership wouldn't acknowledge problem. Friend who's a mechanic has same computer as dealer and tells me all types of codes appear with his computer. Says they don't want to have to do recall with auto sales down (opinion). Paid cash and was dissapointed from day one. Poor gas mileage. Other than that, very comfortable and nice equipment. Have friends with either Yukon or Suburbans or Tahoes and everyone seems to have some type of tranny problem and dealers are looking the other way. Please beware of GM SUV's now. We just have to sell ours.

Love it but some issues

timber, 08/01/2008

This is a great family vehicle. Love its style and comfort. We got a good deal 10,000 off msrp. Only problem is a phantom rattle or vibration in front at low coasting speeds. Dealer can't seem to figure it out. Also we did not get leather so the seats are a terrible lint trap. They collect everything from lint to hair. Towing is great. The fake chrome interior door handles are bad, had to be replaced due to chipping. At that price you think it would be cheaper to do it right the first time.

Good Towing Vehicle

Joli Crothers, 09/11/2008

First, I am a volleyball mom, buses the kids great with room to spare. It is also my ski vehicle and I haven't missed a great snow day yet with the 4WD, traction, and ABS. In the summer it tows my 5500 lb. boat over Colorado passes to my favorite lakes. It also towed my 30 ft. travel trailer up the entire California coast. Lastly, it tows my motorcycles to my favorite off road trails. I have only bottomed out once! Great tow with room for gear!

A Nice Upgrade

smokeyta, 09/28/2008

After being a happy owner of an '03 5.3 Yukon XL, we upgraded to the Denali in '07. What a great vehicle it has been! The main reasons for this selection were the upgraded features, the towing ability, and generous cargo/people space. The burble of the 6.2 reminded me of the string of late 90's TransAms I did time in. Things that made the GMC the best choice over the Navigator were interior ergonomics, the discrete (if not slightly understated) luxury, the engine/6-speed with manual shift selections, and the interior decor (looks great in tan/brown) two tone). Almost two years later, we have not been disappointed. We have had no quality or warranty issues what-so-ever.

A pickup called SUV!

omar khalifeh, 10/08/2008

Bought this Yukon XL 4WD 2007 model back in June 2008 from the dealer in Amman / Jordan. It has a 16 inch standard rims with narrow 245/75 wheels. Unfortunately, this SUV is the worst feel car that I ever drove. You feel uncomfortable in the 1st row, extremely in the 2nd, and worst in the 3rd. It feels like riding an open pickup truck and not at all like an SUV. The suspension is poor, rigid, and when you ride over a bump, the whole SUV shakes like a one rigid piece. Overall, a very bad experience that I will never repeat.

Love my Denali!

Mom2Four, 10/21/2008

Needed a larger vehicle (had an '05 Sequoia) so we bought the Denali. I have four kids ranging in ages from 17 to 9. I tote kids around for soccer, volleyball, baseball, football, and dance - there is always plenty of room for everyone + friends. And it sounds awesome too!

Great Vehicle

Alex, 01/26/2009

I was waiting for this model to be available from the used car lot. I finally found the one I liked and was not disappointed. How surprised I was to achieve 17.5MPG driving 75MPH. I love every feature in this truck. Great improvements in the steering, suspension and transmission. the truck is much more stable and smooth on the road compared to 2001 model I had before. Great job GM!

My 6th Yukon XL

Michelle, 02/19/2009

I have always driven Suburbans and I love them, but if this would have been the 1st one I ever owned I would never buy another one again. I have had nothing but trouble with it since I've owned it. At 13k my transmission went out and I had to be towed in and 19k the alternator went out. Transmission is acting up again and every once in a while it will say add oil to engine and they can not find a leak anywhere. Dealer had done my oil changes to make sure it is being done the correct way and it will still loose 2 quarts of oil. I am getting ready to trade it off and yes I am going to get another Yukon XL because I do love my GMC's but it will not be the 2007 model.

Engineering design needed

Joe, 01/03/2008

I purchased the newly designed 2007 model Denali with all the options. With winter here in Idaho, the accumulation of 1/4 inch of ice on the rear bumper, blocks the lift gate from opening. With the automatic lift gate option it keeps trying to open until it completes its cycle with all of the grinding that makes you cringe.. There is no splash guard to keep the tires from throwing snow and ice on the running boards. The build up of only a few inches does not allow the doors to open, or it drags the bottom of the door. When the snow melts on the roof it runs down between the door pillars and drops out the bottom and freezes on the running board, keeping the door from opening, or rubbing.

American Made Built With Quality

Josh , 01/21/2008

Who says American made cars are to plain and simple? Well not my 07 GMC Yukon Xl. It has plenty of power, plenty of room, and is very comfortable.

My new favorite car!

Teodora, 01/21/2008

OK so I used to drive a Mercedes Benz G wagon. I thought this Denali would be way slow. But to my suprise it was not! I love everything about it. It gets up and goes whenever I hit the gas, and the navigation is very helpful.

Love Hate

Amanda, 07/16/2009

This Yukon replaced an 04 Tahoe w/ electrical issue. Love the comfort & interior space. Unfortunately we had it in the shop 7 times for 8 warranty issues in the 1st 6 mo. Now it's going through 6 quarts of oil in just 1,500 miles & I've had numerous other issues that were all warranty related. It's in the shop for no less than a week due to the oil issue which GM is aware of but as advised the dealer not to attempt repair. Luckily I have a good dealer they are trying to resolve the issue but have to tear apart the engine to do so. This all in 19 mo's of use. For the price it's not worth the frustration & days without it! Too bad b/c other than the warranty & oil issues I'd love it!

I love this SUV!

jf, 07/25/2010

I love this SUV! My kids and I always loved driving it. The Nav was great and always handy. Spacious in all rows and back storage. Love the truck/stiff suspension. Loved having the mp3 player jack to listen to whatever and however much we wanted on long trips. Didn't get a chance to tow with it. Due to our own budget, had to turn it in before we wanted. Gas mileage for everyday driving wasn't good but that's what you get for a tow vehicle. About $100 to fill the tank at $3 + per gallon. That was the only drawback. Would love to get another one someday, but it would be overkill with the kids getting older and nothing to tow.

Loving It!

MelissaP., 10/08/2010

I traded in my 2001 Acura MDX for this and love it! I have 3 kids in car seats plus a husband who is 6'4" and it gives us plenty of room on long trips. DVD player is awesome, so easy to use while driving. I have a leather interior and seats are very comfortable. I get 16.2 mpg average and i live in a rural area with lots of hills. The things that I am disappointed with was that there is no place for sunglasses like in older models...something simple but it matters. Interior door handles are really cheap chrome and you can see the seam in them which someone else had mentioned in a review. Overall super happy with my rig. First American car, have owned VW, Audi and Acura.

51050