List Price Range

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Very good but could be better

nibs, 03/30/2013

Just turned 36k on my MY10. I've the SLT, aluminum 5.3 engine, external oil cooler, Z71 package. 10K of the milage has been done while towing a 12ft enclosed trailer with a sled and gear in the in it. No issues towing but the transmission is clunky. There is squeaking from the doors. The seats could be plusher and have more power settings. I'd like to have the option to be able extend the steering wheel as well. I do not like the hard plastic. I like that the Sierra is not a tank of a truck like the Ford, Dodge and Toyota. Fuel economy is ok but I think it could be better. The edge of my rims seem to have deteriorated and that should not have happened so soon.

Awesome truck!!! With a catch...

Brian Franklin, 05/05/2017
SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have been a die hard fan of Honda my entire life (owning 9 in the past 11 years). After realizing I needed a truck for my business I began my search, and felt wrong buying a truck that wasn't "American". I opted for the 2010 Sierra forgetting one thing.... ITS GM!!! The Sierra is an incredibly classy looking truck, with tons of power under the hood, and an unbelievable feeling of satisfaction when you're the on behind the wheel. However, I have replaced the following -FUEL PUMP, $950 -Power Steering System, $1150 -Front Suspension including axle, $2300 -Brake pads and rotors on all four brakes: $1100 New leaf springs, $785..... Long story short I have spent almost $7,000 in repairs on my truck and have been fighting corporate GM the entire time. The most frustrating part is, I drive it like a baby, its washed weekly, and waxed once every 3 months. There is no excuse for the quality of build with this truck, but if you want a really big truck with tons of capability, the Sierra is for you. But honestly?? Get something not American...

New Truck

Livwir, 03/29/2010

Z60 package with 5.3L V8 and 3.42 rear gear. Z60 chorme package really stands out on a black truck. It has great get up and go power, the 6 speed transmission takes some getting use to. The 20" rims and tires plus chrome, I get "Good looking truck" comments a lot. The steering wheel control are great, love the blue tooth(hands free phone). I have leather bench seat, the center fold down is just the right height & size with plenty of storage. Everyone that rides in the center complain about the seat beat release.

Still not Toyota Quality

North Dakota, 10/17/2010

Bought this truck to handle snow (4x4) and because they had a dealership in the small town I moved to. After 6 months of driving and 5k miles, does not match Toyota quality. I traded in a 2003 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 4-door 4x2 that had 48k miles for this truck. It had zero squeaks and reliability was perfect. The GMC 6 speed transmission slips, shifts hard and hesitates at times. The driver’s door squeaks any time you hit bumps, wash boards or rough pavement. The upside is the fuel economy (better than my Toyota v6). The appearance is bold, which is a personal opinion. Will stick with Toyota next time and make the trip for service in the highly unlikely chance it needs it...

2010 GMC 6.2 liter extended cab pickup

danlaur, 10/03/2010

This is the best pickup that I have owned. the pros are: 1. power 2. towing capability 3. looks 4. comfort 5. build quality Cons are: 1. fuel mileage

Love it...

Brian Franklin, 09/11/2016
SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I am in love with my truck. I have owned many vehicles in my day, and ZERO of them have been GM, I have heard far too many horror stories. BUT, something about this truck is different. Behind its luxurious and tough looking exterior, the interior feels like a Cadillac. Everything fits very well, the logic of controls is great, and the quality of materials blows my 2011 Honda Pilot out of the water. Under the hood it sounds like a beast, I still get excited every time I start it because it makes such an awesome noise. Im at 55,000 miles and have had only one major repair (Power steering $1100) but other than that it drives like a dream. Anyone looking for a well built, good looking, and powerful truck, look for a GMC Sierra...

GMC Z-71 4x4 All Terrain

usapatrick, 05/02/2011

We traded in a 2000 Chevy 4X4 ext cab, 5.3 loaded with over 128K trouble free miles. This truck was the obvious replacement. Better looking than the new Chevrolet, now are priced the same with higher resale value. We did not bother with Ford since their warranty and 4 more engines changes showed us instability from within. This truck now has 5000 miles and is up to 16 mpg in town, 20+ mpg hgwy. We got it loaded with leather, buckets etc except sun roof and NAV. The Z-71 4X4 All Terrain package is a bargain. The new 5.3 V8 with the 6 speed automatic is much better than the old power train. We had the dealer put in the wheel well liners, Ziebart and more chrome. Look no further, buy one!

road noise

gary warren, 03/25/2010

Drove G.M. trucks for 30 years, this is noisy one. No insulation on floor under back seat.G.M. will not fix so look before you sign papers because after you sign you are on your own.Going to buy ear plugs,another bad investment.

Fun truck to own

Linda, 07/23/2010

Our truck has the V6 in it and seems to do really well on fuel. As we own a 01 Dodge which is just terrible on fuel. The GMC is a good looking truck, even if it is while in color. A joy to drive, fast pick up and yet it moves down the road on the order of a car. Sometimes I almost forget I am driving a truck. This is a work truck so nothing much on it, well ac, auto, fm/am radio and two wheel drive but the first truck we have brought new in a long time. So we are really enjoying this one. GM had some good deals which made this all possible and so we shall be enjoying this truck for years to come.

need minor details

pierre, 09/11/2010

I owned fords for 12 years this is my first GMC. simply love the truck. however the door handle needs to be moved. Minor details. My left knee lays right up against it.And for someone w/bad knees it can get uncomfortable. it is the smoothest riding truck i have owned. But the door handle gets a low grade.

2010 Sierra 5.3 v8 reg cab short-box

tommy, 11/20/2010

Note that I bought a rare configuration: 5.3 V8 in a SLE short box reg cab with Z60 sport suspension (this web site did not allow me to select this description). Traded a Silverado WT 4.3 V6 SB for this one. what a difference in ride, quietness and power. This truck is a rocket and is more maneuverable than my old long box.

Generally a good truck

tyrex, 04/17/2011

Factory ordered my 2010 SLT 4x4 after my 2007 SLT 4x4 lease expired. Surprisingly, I had a lot of driver seat discomfort with the new truck which I resolved after several months by finding a shop that knew GM seats and showed me how to add foam in the seat and back cushions for extra support. (The 2007 had better seats.) The 6 speed transmission is fine but sometimes is a bit sticky, wanting to stay in a lower gear too long. This truck has been back to the dealer 3 times for minor electronic components problems which were covered by warranty. Fuel mileage is good and better than the 2007. Overall, I'm happy with the truck after 16 months and 33,000 km.

My first Truck

Willis R Kortright, 04/17/2017
SL 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The most economical, comfortable and luxurious Pickup I have ever driven and owned, it isn't your usual farm Pickup it is a combination of a Cadillac and a Pickup combined. The Dealership was very helpful and professional when it came to finding the perfect Pickup that would really fit our needs.

Great Truck, Great Brand

Vermonter, 10/31/2010

This is the third GM truck that I have owned, and this is the best so far. Very comfortable ride,lots of power,and for a truck it has good gas mileage,17.8 miles per gallon. Interior isn't fancy, but it's functional and easy to use. The only complaint is that the headliner rattles a bit, but the dealer says they can fix it. I have had no major issues with my other GM trucks and am not expecting any with the is one, overall great truck!

Exellent Truck

2010 Seirra, 05/31/2010

This car is simply amazing. Excellent handling, pulls my 8000 pound trailer with ease. Extremely roomy and the seats are amongst the best i have sat in. Wouldn't think twice about buying another.

Why is there no active fuel management?

Jock Russell, 07/04/2010

Yukons have active fuel management 22 mpg why not the truck truck only gets 17 mpg if lucky this was a poor design

GMC 1500 seat quality

John, 10/18/2010

I have 2010 GMC 1500 SLE with manual seats. The seat back has extra play consequently starts and stops cause the back of the front seat to move because of a poor fit or extra clearance. The dealer says they are all that way and showed me another truck and it was the same, I find it extremely annoying, I will probably have to find a good upholstery shop and pay to repair a sloppy seat back. Not happy with build quality.

Great truck

2010 Sierra, 03/17/2010

Great truck so far. I love the 2 tone leather seats. I have the off road package and the chrome trim really sets the truck apart from others. I am getting 19.3 mpg but I haven't pulled anything yet. The ride is smooth and quiet.

Annoying road noise

BettyH, 05/31/2010

This car has horrible road noise, extremely annoying. It is a constant peeve. Don't buy this car until its fixed

My GMC truck

John, 06/13/2010

This truck is fun and very spacious, kids have no problem riding in back. The chrome package and 20 inch wheels are nice touch. Like the bluetooth and other comforts the truck offers. Pleasant to drive, and easy on eye.

Shockingly Nice Truck

DRB, 09/30/2010

I am one of those horrible people who only review things that are really bad or really good, those truck is definitely the latter. I got the 5.3 extended cab, leather, basically everything. This nicer than most cars I've been in and its as quiet as my wife's Honda Accord. GM has come a long way, the interior no longer feels cheap and flimsy. The sound from the engine when you accelerate sounds like a symphony. If you are considering a truck, I would recommend at least driving one and with all the discounts on the 2010's it was hard to pass up, 10 grand off the sticker. I would buy this truck again in a heartbeat.

Awesome Truck

In New Mexico, 10/04/2010

I have done my research before I bought my truck. I can Say is WOW. I really love this truck. The Styling, Comfort, the Ride is outstanding.

I wouldn't buy anything else

Michael, 08/29/2018
Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My GMC Sierra is a fantast truck. Whether hauling home repairs or five children, this is the most reliable source of transportation I have ever driven. I love it!

51050