Used 2008 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews

Used Envoy for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Awesome SUV

John J, 11/12/2019
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my SUV. I bought it Used with 143,000 +. service Engine Light was on for Secondary Air Injection Pump. I read up on that part and found out about condensation in hose under the truck. I pulled he hose off and got a little over a pint of water. I ordered and replaced that part for 56.00. Not $700 as I saw in 1 post. As far as gas mileage it's not as bad as what everyone is posting. Local driving isn't the best but what car really is driving short distance with stop & go traffic. On the highway using Sunoco gas I can get 325 to 360 miles on a tank of gas because I always use the cruise control and keep my distance from other vehicles by going 5 miles slower so I don't have to keep hitting the brakes. I LOVE this SUV. It's an 04 with 159,350 miles on it. Rides just as good as a new Cadillic or other fancy cars. GMC should start building these again with the Inline 6.. I don't know what gas the others are using in their.

Poor Quality compared to other brands

ahess77, 11/08/2010
SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV has had more than it's share of problems, dealer has not correctly fixed half of them. 1. driver window extremely slow (dealer said it's normal operation); 2. 4WD service light, dealer changed a sensor; 3. speaker buzzing, dealer changed rear speaker; 4. Stabilitrack service light, dealer changed a sensor; 5. occasional loud Bumping/growling noise at RF wheel, dealer said normal operation; 5. speaker buzzing (out of warranty), Non-dealer replaced rear HVAC control; 6. Check engine light, secondary air injection system, ECM replaced ($700!) 7. Service Stabilitrack, steering wheel sensor ($95!). It's not a Yugo, but what a piece of crap.

Good power but that's where the good end

Milez5858, 10/21/2009
SLT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Envoy as the most powerful 6 cylendar for towing. I turns out I get better milage with an 8 cylendar truck. The air shocks were constantly pumping up, the fans for the climate control extremely loud, there is no vent setting so it was either blowing hot or cold air, wind noise was excessive, the gas tank is configured such that it always spilled over when filling no matter what gas station I went to. Passing gear was great but taking of from stopped was very slow for a 280 hp engine.

Love my GMC Envoy..but not the gas..

bellasarah, 12/15/2007
SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Envoy, but want to just say that I filled it up to full just two days ago and only put 120 miles on it and am already on a half tank. I just bought this SUV and I knew that the gas wasnt that great, but at this rate I am going to be filling up probably every week just to get to work and back. If GMC came out with a hyrbid Envoy that would be awesome.

2008 Envoy Denali

hiflier, 05/07/2008
Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got the Nav Package. In contrast to another review, I think it works great! Yes, there is a learning curve, but once you are proficient it works fine! Save for the XM traffic report - it does not have. I have owned previous Nav systems with this feature and it is great! We get comments all the time on how wonderful the vehicle looks - it looks like GM hit the mark on this vehicle. My wife drives is the primary driver and she absolutely loves this car over the Saturn ION we traded for it. Yes, the gas mileage went down with the trade, but the ride and the sense of feeling safe in a larger vehicle was worth the trade-off!

12345...6