Used 2007 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews

Used Envoy for Sale
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Envoy Denali

Laz Castellanos, 07/10/2017
Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you are a GM fan you will love it, but if you are looking for an SUV that will satisfy your needs a little better go for a Ford Explorer. My Denali is a 07 and I like it don't get me wrong but I should have bought the Explorer, let me start the compariso. My Denali has a 4 spd tranny the Explorer 6 spd, Denali side air bags optional, Explorer standard, Denali 5 passenger SWB Explorer 6-7 passenger, Denali tech ok, Explorer excellent, Denali handling not the best, Explorer very good (I've driven one of my customers 08 Explorer Limited), back up sensors are not available on Envoys and come standard on Limited trims on Explorer and the list goes on. The active fuel management on GM products it is garbage and Denalis come with it not mentioning the suspension noises here and there even after replacing every single suspension component. Envoy Denalis are grate for long trips (I live in the bay area and I've driven mine to Portland Oregon, Boise Idaho twice to San Diego CA six times and to Guadalajara Mexico once with zero problems) and they are ok for city driving. Guys I make my living repairing automobiles and my Envoy gets the best of the best for its maintenance but I wish GM worked a little bit more on it before releasing it. By the way if you go for the Explorer get the V8 (bullet proof engine) instead of the senseless V6 (1mpg more on the V8). The Denali has been working for me because I'm able to fix the few things that go wrong my self and even as a technician I make mistakes purchasing vehicles but you don't have to. Envoy Denalis are not bad SUVs but drive a Explorer Limited if possible before pulling the trigger on the Denali.

Owner

Ralph, 12/01/2006

An excellent all around vehicle. Very nice ride and very comfortable. Rides like a luxury car

WORST VEHICLE EVER !!! BEWARE OF GM/CHERVOLET !!!!

Bill, 03/22/2016
SLE 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Gave a 1 star because you have to pick something ! Purchased used with records, always in the shop ! Plagued by sensor, wheel bearing & rust issues ! That is just the start ! I will never buy another GM/Chevrolet product ! They do not stand by their vehicles ! 2007 GM Envoy has nothing but problems ! I do not usually write reviews, but felt that I had to try and save perspective buyers of the aggravation ! I'm selling my Envoy for 3k less just to get it out my driveway !

Air Bag Problem - Beware

Justin, 09/17/2010

My 2007 Envoy Denali has had numerous computer/sensor issues. Reads tire pressure and gas incorrectly. Recently the air bags deployed without cause. The interior has $3,000.00 in damages caused from the driver and passenger side airbags deploying. The air bag deployment also resulted in my girlfriend being sent to the ER. There is absolutely no damage to the exterior. Poor manufacturing - beware!

Great SUV. Bad Options

Salex, 10/11/2006

You hear all the hype about GMC being "Professional Grade", don't believe it. I purchased an '07 Envoy with a Nav System. This Nav system is a waste of money. It is DVD based like most, but the one thing that GMC did that all other makersdecided not to do was to only allow the in-dash unit to accept one disc at a time! For a $2000 option, don't waste your money if you want to Nav and listen to your CDs! Get the 6-disc in- dash and buy a TomTom or Garvin that rides on the dash. It is cheaper and better that way!

12345...10