Used 2006 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Envoy for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Wind Noise

colorado nurse, 03/27/2007
Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle for 6 months now. I have returned it to the dealership 3 times with complaints of excessive wind noise on the driver side. No matter what is done to it, it seems the noise level increases. I have been told that this is an inherent quality of large mirrors. I traded my Yukon Denali with large mirrors. I did not have this problem with the Yukon. I would like to know if other owners of this vehicle are having the same issue. I am at wits end! PS- What happened to a courtesy light under the hood and in the glove compartment?

Reliable

Mark, 11/03/2007
SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Reliable, fun to drive. Excellent in the snow. Only problem so far was a flasher module that was covered under warranty. Great truck. Take it anywhere.

Best SUV I've every owned.

EnvoyDenali, 03/08/2018
Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It's a terrific automobile from the horsepower to the added features that Denali adds.

Fantastic vehicle

dudelee, 01/04/2021
SLE 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased in 2018 with 150k miles as we needed to replace our 2001 Lumina, who had almost 300k miles and was beginning to have engine problems. It's currently at 183k miles and climbing. The 2006 Envoy SLE gets decent gas mileage for its size and age, and provides its driver with a comfortable, secure mode of transportation. In the years we've owned it, we've only had to replace the waterpump. Never once left any of us stranded outside of that incident, and even then, I was able to drive it to the mechanic 10 miles away. GM vehicles seem to have problems with the brakelights/taillights not wanting to work. But it's a miniscule problem and does not affect the driveability at all. The third brakelight on the rear hatch works fine without issue. If you're in the market for a reliable, comfortable, versatile SUV, you're lookin' at it. Toyota and Honda are fantastic, you can find some nice Fords out there. But there's something so priceless about getting a GM vehicle to last.