Used 2015 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Fiesta for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Superior hot hatch

Dan, 08/16/2015
ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted something that was more fuel efficient than my lifted '05 Wrangler (which I traded in for the ST) that would be fun to drive, practical, and would not cost me a fortune. After extensive research and test driving 32 different cars over the span of a little over a year, I chose the Fiesta ST. This car really hits the sweet spot of efficiency, performance, and practicality. If I want to drive it hard this car is more than willing to play. If I want to be efficient, this car has no problem taking it easy. I particularly like the 6sp manual transmission feel and the VERY responsive brakes. Although my car is not tuned for greater performance, the aftermarket is booming for this car as well. In mixed driving I get 32.6mpg with 93 octane. Although I have not had the opportunity to take it on a long road trip I'm very confident that if I use the cruise control and drive it intelligently, I could easily hit closer to 36mpg. I drove similar competitors from Subaru, VW, & Fiat...the Fiesta ST was the clear hands down winner. I'm currently at 7K miles and am stoked anytime I get to drive this car anywhere. Truly outstanding in the hot hatch 4cyl turbo class! Strong suggestion: try out the Recaro seats before committing to buy the vehicle. I tried both Recaro & regular ST seats and opted for the regular seats. While Recaro makes excellent products, the seats in these get tight from side to side if you are normal to above normal width. **February '17 update*** car has 26K miles and has been flawless. Zero issues, zero extraneous trips to the dealership. With proper snow tires (General Altimax Arctics), this car goes through snow better than some AWD cars on all-season tires. It's shockingly good. The only downfall with this car is that with a growing family, this will not be a forever car as I will need something larger probably within the next year or so. Still, a great car and am very impressed with the overall quality. The small backseats are really the only downfall at all. **August '17 update** 32K miles. Still great! **August '19 update** 60K miles. Still doing well. In the last 3 months have had 2 repairs covered under warranty: a canister valve issue (fuel delivery system) and an HVAC repair/replacement for a blend door actuator. I have found this blend door issue is VERY common amongst many Ford products and some other domestic brands. A little frustrated that something so basic & essential broke, but otherwise car is in great shape. **August '20- 70K miles and not putting on a ton right now due to Covid-19. Still running great, no problems at all in the past year. Routine oil changes, brakes, etc. Still runs like it is brand new. You can pick these up in the used car market for cheap. Do it! These are GREAT cars. :)

Great car, great value - tight, quiet ride

findbrian, 05/15/2015
SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Sold a 2012 Civic LX to my daughter and bought one of these a few weeks ago for $15,000 (SE model, Magnetic gray). Have about 700 miles on it and the ride is tight over bumps (very solid suspension!), handles and steers great, and is a genuine fun drive. the 120hp engine is pretty peppy all things considered. Averaging 31mpg mixed driving so far, which is about what my Civic gave me. Really a fun car with great exterior styling. Threw a all-around tint job on it and I'm done! So far loving this thing. Really saved a chunk off MSRP, as all I wanted was the factory Ford aluminum wheels and the SYNC system, and that's what I got. Ford's 0% financing was great as well (interest-free is great).

My ford fiesta

Robbie Caporizzo, 07/22/2016
SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Soo far it's been a great car for the price.For an economy car,it definately has alot of options. Great styling,a little slow of the line,but at highway speeds you hit the gas and it goes.I am very pleased.Great car for the money exceellent gas milage.Most tanks average over 30 mpg, if not closer to 35 and up depending on the driving I do.

The Grown-ups Go-Cart

Matthew J, 11/30/2016
SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It's small. Real small. It goes awesome. It's good on gas. It handles amazing.

Fun car

Robert DiPrete, 03/14/2017
SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Goes great in snow with winter tires. Easy to park in tight spaces. Not one mechanical or quality problem.

Loving my car

Tabby, 03/15/2017
SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I needed something with great fuel economy and reliability. My Fiesta averages 36mpg and takes curves like it's second nature. Driving is so smooth and easy to manage. Back seats and back hatch are not the roomiest, but I am not one that needs lots of room. However, if you need room this would not be the car for you. Only trouble I have had is getting Sync to connect to my phone using voice activation. If I manually call on my cell it will connect. Overall, I would definitely recommend a Ford Fiesta!

Great Car

Paul Newman, 04/03/2018
ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Remember, the ST is a car of sport and performance - a driver’s car. It’s fast, nimble, and reliable! Great value.

Hardly ever left the shop...

Disappointed, 07/17/2018
SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This review is based on owning the car for 3 years and 32k miles. Needless to say, I had so many quality issues that I did not feel comfortable owning the car past the warranty expiration and sold it a week after the warranty expired. It had countless issues, and overall I have spent at least 6 months of my total ownership driving the car with an issue, in the shop, or attempting to get the dealership to fix the issue multiple times. I have owned Fords my whole life and everyone in my family has only owned Ford products, and this is by far the worst vehicle Ford makes. A summary of the issues I had are: (1) The first week of ownership, the dashboard did not line up with trim pieces, and couldn't be fixed. When peering at the top of the dashboard, you could see the a/c vent hoses through the gaps. The carpet covering the trunk was loose and flapped around. The first time I laid the rear seats down, the entire seat cover ripped and ruined the cushion, requiring a full replacement of the rear seats. (2) The driver's side tweeter speaker was replaced twice and was failing again when I sold it. (3) The passenger seat squeaked in turns and required full replacement. (4) Volume knob on the infotainment system stopped working and constantly turned down the volume. (5) Trim pieces under the dashboard fell out. (6) The trim on the outside passenger window came loose and ruined the laminate that makes the window trim matte finish. Took 3 months and 4 trips to the dealer to properly fix. (7) The driver's seat was discolored and was beginning to rip. Luckily, I avoided the major transmission issues that plague the PowerShift transmission, and I never had any mechanical issues, but interior quality was so bad, I was afraid to continue owning the car! MPG and low fuel costs were a high point, on road trips I managed almost 50MPG! The Bluetooth was also extremely quick to connect and always worked the way it should. Because of this car, I don't think I could ever own a Ford again, which is just so unfortunate for someone who loved the brand and their products.

Ford definitely lied to me about this car

Andy, 03/08/2019
SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Ford knew that this car had a transmission issue that was faulty. They sold it to me anyways without saying a word. The transmission in the automatic vs is up in faulty since the 2011 model.

Deroyadams

deroyadams, 06/18/2015
S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had this for two months and love it. It feels comfortable driving it. Love the rims love the seats. The inside front big. Love the grill and color

51050