Used 2015 FIAT 500L Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 FIAT 500L Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500L model:

One Year of Ownership
By Mike

2015 FIAT 500L Lounge 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 500L has been trouble free for my first year of ownership. Software updates by the dealer improved the 6 speed transmission. The best part of owning this car is how easy it is to get in and out of. It is tall so it feels like a much larger vehicle. Large doors and the back seat with a almost flat floor makes it easy for rear passengers. I am a fan of the U-Connect system. The outward visibility is aided by a high driving position.

Avoid fiat 500l
By Jason P knapp

2015 FIAT 500L Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car was under warranty, but had many repairs within 30k miles. Resale was HORRIBLE.

Growing on me
By Tammy

2015 FIAT 500L Lounge 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Blind spots! Get to know you blind spots. Sluggish acceleration. Top heavy. Love the size, the look and, so far, the reliability.

Best Kept Secret
By Scott

2015 FIAT 500L Easy 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Really do not understand the negative press reviews for this car. This is my second FIAT, trading up from the 500 to the 500L. I've come to the conclusion that people in this country reject things that are different or unique. The design of the 500L is ingenious - for its size it has amazing interior volume. The ride is very comfortable and it has a great seating position, sitting higher than many crossovers. I'm not sure why the press reviews say the car is under-powered. The engine is turbocharged and - at least in mine - when I hit the pedal that car MOVES! It handles quite well and is fun to drive, even for as tall as it is. Most reviewers have highly criticized the looks of the 500L but I have only gotten nice compliments on it. With all those windows, the high seating position, and spotter mirrors on both sides, all around visibility is amazing! FIAT has some quirky features and design elements, but I think they make the car all that more appealing. Some of the interior trim could be nicer, but most cars today are filled with hard plastics - most of the hard plastic surfaces are slightly textured, so I don't think they look cheap. I have almost 20,000 miles on mine and aside from routine maintenance, the only issue I've had was with a rattle in the back (fixed by the dealer on the first visit). FIAT stands behind their products with an impressive 4 year/50,000 mile warranty, too. On one hand, it is a shame this car doesn't sell better, but I have never been one to drive what everyone else is driving, so I like driving what I consider to be the best keep secret out there! I would absolutely but another one without any hesitation. Do yourself a favor - ignore the press critics and focus on the reviews of people who drive these cars day in and day out.

Saved my life!!
By Mike T

2015 FIAT 500L Easy 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought a 500L Trekking I'm 2014. After half a year of smooth sailing a crazy person ran a red light and almost killed me. I had four surgeries. The car saves my life. The frame held up despite the awful crash. Now I bought a new leftover 2015 600L Easy. I missed this car so much. I'm glad to be alive and happy to be on the road with this dependable and absolutely adorable car!!