Used 2018 FIAT 124 Spider Consumer Reviews

$27,998

Used 124 Spider for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

A Go-Kart for Grow-ups!

M. Edwards, 03/31/2018
Classica 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I came close to buying another MX-5. It's been a few years since my last one and I'm not getting any younger. But after the test drive, I decided to test-drive a Spider at the dealer down the road. To me, it was more refined, inside and out. The ride felt more comfortable as well, and the steering was quick and true. When you gave it the gas and the turbo kicks in, it really gives you a thrill. I'm going on 3,000 miles, with my Classica, and it's still a joy to throw the top down and go for a spin (trouble-free). It's like a go-kart for grown-ups, with a rocket on the back! Update at 8500 miles. Absolutely perfect! Getting right at 31 mph with mostly city driving. Put new Autoricambi exhaust on it because it was so quiet I kept forgetting to change gears. The new muffler-delete pipes are great! Great balls of fun!

Best car I ever owned

J. L. Pifco, 02/18/2018
Lusso 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have a 2018 Spider Luzzo with all the options. It is the most fun car to drive that I have ever owned and this includes 2 Corvettes, a Triumph, and numerous non-sports cars. It would run circles around the 1980 or the 1978 Corvettes I had. The quality appears excellent as I haven't found a single defect. Very comfortable seating, however very tall or obese folks would not fit. The Bose radio system sound great.

Test drove this and an Mazda MX5

Brian, 03/19/2018
Classica 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I test drove both the Fiat and the Miata. The Miata delivers its power in a more linear fashion. The Fiat needs to get up in the Revs before it really goes. So, it feels slower off the line. A little more like a Honda S2000. So it is really down to which one appeals to you more. I would rate the Fiat at a 4 and the Mazda at a 4.5 from an everyday driving standpoint. However, I am considering this purchase for weekend pleasure drives and I find the Fiat is more exciting to me. I like the bit of quirkiness that it has over the Miata. To me this gives the Fiat a bit more excitement. If you are deciding between the Mazda and the Fiat you really need to spend some drive time in both. The interior is similar in most ways. It's really about do you fit and are you comfortable enough to enjoy the car. Also, I would mention that the edmunds review of the Fiat is a 3 and the Mazda a 4.5. This seems to me to be because of different editors approach to the car and because the Fiat review, I believe, is for the automatic which I agree is not very good with this engine. If you want an auto the Mazda is the better choice. I took a brief drive of each car with the auto but for me the manual is the way to go. I would recommend reading each edmunds review with the mindset that it applies to both cars outside of the engine. I am disappointed that Edmunds editors seem to have written these reviews in a vacuum ignoring the relation of the cars to each other.

This is my 3rd Fiat 124 Spider

Arnold Most, 08/24/2018
Lusso 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my 124 spider lusso manual tranny about 2 year ago. It has about 6000 miles on it. I test drove the miata for comparison. Both cars were great. I found the styling and road handling superior in the FIAT. I did test drive the automatic and do not recommend the automatic. It is a true sports car and needs the manual for the max enjoyment. I live in the Hudson valley of New York and we have many great sports car roads. It handles the curves and hills like the true sports car it is. Great curb appeal. I get many people commenting on the car's beauty. Mine is red with the tan interior. Fun car and hope to own it for many years. I still am in love with the car. It gets a lot of compliments. Fun to drive.

Fun, fun, fun!

Virginia, 01/18/2019
Lusso 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am a large size person, average height and I fit very well. My son and brother are 6' and 6'3", both ride top up just fine. I look for any excuse to take my car out for a spin. I was looking for acceleration. It gets you passed other vehicles easily and does feel like you are going faster than you actually are. Getting in and out of the car is much easier with door wide open, so consider where you park. I average 31-32 mpg on 89 or 91 fuel. Five full bags of groceries fit in the trunk.