Used 2006 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews

Used 300 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...81

Pros
Cons

Major Issues

gl2238, 09/01/2014
C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

First problem was Stalling on left turns after tank fill up. Problem was deteriorating valve in fuel tank letting raw fuel enter intake manifold. Tank had to be replaced. After tank replacement, car had to be turned over twice to start, unless cold start. Clacking noise from air re circulation control? has been repaired twice, once by Chrysler. It is clacking again and it can drive you crazy. Park to Neutral lockout mechanism broke so car could not be driven. Override also failed. This also was taken care of by Chrysler as a courtesy. Hood and trunk lifting struts have been replaced three times. They only last 6 months in the Las Vegas Area (high temp environment). Monroe's seem to last the longest. I have had the hood come down on me a couple of times so now I use a stick. My wife had to go to the emergency room when the trunk came down on her head. Before 50,000 miles, Rack and pinion failed and water pump failed. I have been told by service that there cracks in some components of the front end? We no longer can use the car on anything more than local driving. The whole car should have been recalled. On wet roads the back end spins out with little force on accelerator, especially on left turns???? Door handles brake free from hinge side. Can be fixed with GOOP, but is an issue. Car is only used locally as there has been a major issue with every prior trip. Over the last couple of thousand miles the car has been riding like it has solid wheels with a lot of road noise. Rides like a truck, obviously a suspension issue of some kind. Tires are inflated to rated pressure as noted on spec sheet by driver door. No trade in value or resale so stuck with lemon. A rotted one at that.

Love the car!! But has issues

Jason, 07/02/2016
C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING A HEMI 300 READ THIS FULL REVIEW FOR THE TRUTH!! I read online about these cars before I bought mine, I found countless reviews about the 5.7 hemi completely failing at 100k miles, I thought I could avoid this if I was careful, so I went ahead and bought one, and the engine completely failed and needed a full rebuild at 145k, my machanic did it for 6k cash, I have had no trouble with the engine since other than the check engine light poping on and off all the time randomly for no reason (which is common with all 300s) the biggest problem with this car is the front end, all 300s have this problem, and there is no way around it. The entire front end is the most unreliable setup on earth, you can put 1500 into brand new bushings and control arms and a few weeks later it will start makeing noise again, I have owned mine for 5 months or so and my car is currently in the shop for front end repair for the 4th time! No matter what u replace, it's only going to fix the noise for a month or so, then you will hear a new noise, every single 300 owner I've talked to has had the same problem, one of my friends even had it happen a month after he bought his car brand new, it's simply part of the life of a 300 owner. The rear suspension is bad too, but not nearly as mutch as the front. I have never had this happen, but a few of my friends have had electrical problems with theirs causing the car to burn out its own battery, or even turn itself off in the middle of the road. I am yet to experience this with mine. The transmission in my 300c AWD has been pretty good to me, have only had one problem with it, I would be driving and pull up to a light and when I try to start again the transmission would rev up to high rpms and I would only crawl forward at about 3 mph, so I had to restart the car in the middle of the intersection and it fixed its self, but then happen again 5 min later, and again and again, I brought it in and it ended up being a 10 dollar sensor, that was in the tranny instead of on top where it usually is on a car, so I had to send it in to a rebuild place which charged $850 for the job, no problems since, the tranny is different for the AWD cars, mine is still running strong at 148k miles, I hear the rwd tranny fails at about 100k miles. The Chrysler 300c hemi AWD ( and rwd) is a mess when it comes to rely ability and maintenance, but when it is running right it is the absolute nicest car I have driven or rode in, I get complements on the car every were I go, it looks fantastic, it sounds mean, it rides amazing, it shifts smooth, and you have endless power under your foot, its like driving a Mercedes with a bad ass American v8, It's mustang gt/camaro z28 speed in a car that is full sized,comfortable and weighs an extra 1000 lbs, plus with the AWD it's good in the snow, and actually handles really well, the suspension is firm for a normal car but it feels plush and expensive, the interior is very nice, actually really good quality materials, feels and looks very nice, this car is extremely unique, and there is nothing else on the market like it, I went with my heart and bought one ignoring all the bad reviews, and even though the maintenance is insane, it guzzles gas and has endless problems, I'm still glad I did. If u decide to buy one, u can get extra life out of your hemi by changing the oil every 3000 miles, using high octane fuel like 93 (I was using 87 when my engine failed) and investing in an oil catch can, to prevent oil build up inside the engine, which is commonly what cases the HEMIs to eventually fail.

The American Dream Come True

coolrunning, 11/09/2006
C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car! It is Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat, and is a 2006 300c Heritage Edition, loaded with every option. It looks like a fabulous luxury car, and it truly is. Don't be fooled. It has that fabulous HEMI under the hood that wakes up the minute you summon it with a light touch of your right foot and transforms itself into a sports car with thoroughbred lineage. It handles like a dream, brakes with little effort and has a throaty growl that only an American V-8 is capable of voicing. This may be the most versatile vehicle I have ever experienced for many reasons. I find myself taking "the long way" and inventing reasons to drive. I love this car so much, I bought 2 identical!

For a Blast Drive a 300C

Mark, 12/09/2009
C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new in November of 2006. It combines, power, handling and luxury all in one package. After owning high end Lincolns, Oldsmobiles and Buicks, this auto is one of my favorites with exception to the Buick Park Avenue. The 300C AWD intertwines ample power, superb handling and amenities that gives the driver and passengers a superior auto experience. In three years of ownership there have only been two visits to the dealership and the problems were a tech bulletin notice for a transmission seal leak and the navigation CD failed. Both were handled with no residual problems. I plan on keeping this car for a long time, side by side with my Park Avenue!

Mean Looking Ride!!!

Ralphy Perez, 11/23/2016
Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful car. The only thing that bugs me is the "Klanky" front end. I've replaced every bushing, control arm and various things to quiet this down but it has never ever been a problem. I did have to replace the transmission at 185000 but that is normal. Other than that, it has been one of my favorite cars and I'd drive it until it dies but my wife says it's got to go.

12345...81