Used 2006 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews

Used 300 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...81

Pros
Cons

Don't buy a Chrysler especially the 2.7 engine

chryslersuck1, 11/25/2011
4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in 2006. The body style was the main reason for my purchase. I take very good care of my cars. I serviced this car regularly with oil changes every 3-6,000 miles even though the owners manual say to do so every 7,500 miles. The 2.7 engine blew at 89,000 miles and now I have to go buy a new car. It won't be a chrysler! Other problems I had with this car was the transmission. It seems that is a standard for Chrysler.

Cool looking car, nothing but problems

sdrolz, 12/24/2010
Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

my 2006 300 Touring has been great and horrible at the same time. unfortunately the horrible is starting to out weigh the good. I bought it for it looks and power. At purchase time, 79,000 miles, it was a friends corp fleet vehicle.You can't deny it is one of the coolest looking cars on the road today. The V6 power is great, but the transmission is a pain, shifting is horrible (automatic). ESP works very well, sort of clunky in its responsiveness. Mechanical issues: front end rattling that nobody can seem to fix or id, broken tie rod, brakes:caliper malf replacd evry 20k. worst of all electrical: entire heat/air controls work sporatically, and headlights flicker off at worst time.

Bang for the buck

Daryl Buerger, 12/02/2006
C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best full sized sedan in its price range. Look no further. I did exhaustive research and comparisons before buying. Almost went with the Charger but stuck with the 300C because a few more luxury features. This cars feel and roadability is outstanding. plenty of power and good fuel economy. I average 18 city and 22 hwy. with the MDS system The interior comfort is great with a ample rear seat room. This car still get lots of attention where ever it goes and it has the ability to get there fast. My 300 is loaded with every option Don't skimp here I've rented less equipped 300's and chargers only to love the one I have more! Not one disappointment yet.

Gonna' Miss my 300c!!!

Pete V., 03/27/2018
C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Sold mine to upgrade to a SUV. LOVED the car, survived three accidents (none my fault, was rear-ended twice by teens texting), bulletproof engine and transmission, great looks, fantastic performance. Wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy another, I had mine for 12 years and 150,000 miles.

Surprised

Scott Sowers, 04/16/2018
C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

If you are looking for a really bad ass kick in the pants sleeper I'd suggest you get a 300 with at least the 5.7 hemi. Keep in mind that this is a very heavy car at 5300 pounds that will do 0 to 60 in around 6 seconds stock. Mine has 128,000 miles on. It and is still putting 298 hp of the 340 hp to the rear wheels. As for comfort and ride around 75 on the interstate and the 300C is as comfortable as sitting in your favorite recliner. Now I will say this as good as this car is there are a few things that you can be sure to address but it's mainly cosmedic. The exterior door handles are poor design and break easily (not cheap to replace). The PCM that is mounted to the fuse box under the hood gets hot and will go out (fixed by mounting an old computer fan to blow air directly on it). The fact stereo display will go out and is not easily replaced. Google it and check some of the forums and make your own decisions. I truly love my 2006 300C and would highly recommend it to anyone. Update. If you purchase one of the first gen hemi powered chrysler, dodge, vehicles replace the valve seats before one just spontaneously drop and destroys the valves. Loved my car right up until it hit 150,013 miles and had this happen killing cylinder 8. Now selling car because can't afford to replace engine

12345...81