Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Silverado 1500HD for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

2002 1500HD 4WD LT SB

Long-time owner, 05/18/2010

Have hauled 2 pallets (>5000#) of paving stones without a sweat. Towing package made it easy to tow a dual axle trailer with a big bobcat. Locking differential and auto 4WD make it fun and safe in the snow but a bit tough to turn sharply on dry pavement. Terrific heater and A/C. Crew cab and step bars make it easy to accommodate 4 large adults. Comfortable seats and ride. The black leather interior is durable and easy to clean, although prone to creasing over the long term. 15 MPG highway and 9-11 MPG city over the last eight years.

02 chevy silvarado 1500hd

dyork920, 05/23/2011

my dad purchased this truck new in 01 we have had this truck for 10 years of camper haulin, car towin, and daily driving. this truck has 111,000 mi and hasent had a single issue yet. the motor is "bullet proof" and runs like it did back in 02. i there is no need for the amount of power this thing has. I live in new hampshire and the winters are hard up here on vehicles but the truck has showen no singns of rust besides the rear bumper that completly rotted away last year but was cheap to replace. for 10 years of muddy dirt roads and salty hyways this truck has stood up beter than any vehile iv ever owned.

What a GREAT truck

Jeff, 05/09/2010

I recently purchased this truck and I know from the test drive it was going to be a great truck and I'd recommend this truck to anyone. I've had several trucks in the past, Ford, Chevy and Dodges, and this truck outdoes them all. The outside look is great and I get compliments everywhere I go! I have the front bucket seats with the console in the middle, which offers plenty of storage space. It's very roomy inside and has a lot of head room. The back seat seems to me much larger than my '06 Silverado Crew Cab. The engine has more than enough giddy in it's step. Fuel economy isn't to bad, about 17 on the highway. My last 3 trucks were newer, but this one is by far the best!

It'll beat a Hemi

Chad PA., 02/09/2009

I've had many Dodge and Chevy trucks in the past. I must say this is the best. I'm used to driving 400+ horsepower muscle cars, and I would consider this a "Muscle Truck". I would give the performance a 20 if it would let me. I does well at everything from hauling to plowing snow. Mine has the famous tap at startup also, but it's normal. It rides, drives and handles great. I would recommend this truck to anyone who wants to say they have a real truck. The gas mileage is so so for me but what do you expect with a full size truck with a 6.0L powerhouse under the hood. With a little add ons like I have, "It'll beat a Hemi"

Darn Good Truck

BuiltChevyTough33, 05/21/2010

I bought this truck in February of last year. It had 142,000 miles on it. It now has 165,000 miles and is still running strong. I change the oil in it every 2,000 miles and I have yet to hear this "Knocking" sound that everyone else is talking about. Get lots of compliments about this truck and will keep it forever. Thanks Chevy for making one hell of a truck.

1500HD Crew

Mark Bucher, 02/18/2018
4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This has been the best truck I've ever owned. It's been from Alaska to Florida towing a 17' travel trailer. All over North Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin pulling a 16.5' Lund Mr. Pike chasing walleyes. I now live in Missouri and am starting to think about trading it in or selling it. There is nothing this truck won't tow. Pulling my toys I've cruised at 75 MPH and never knew anything was behind me. Aside for routine maintenance, never had a problem with it.

Best truck I've owned

Randy, 01/25/2010

Bought this truck new in September 2001. Towed travel trailer thru 40 plus states and most of Canada. Developed the startup knock on first trip to Nova Scotia. Chevrolet gave me the 100K engine warranty. Still has the startup knock but obviously has not affected the engine. Replaced the spark plugs, alternator, battery and water pump. Still has original brakes, front and back. Recently developed the ABS brake light problem, apparently caused by a bad relay in the ABS module (not caused by bad body ground). ABS is still operational when ABS and Brake warning lights are on. Has had minor steering column rattle since new. dealer couldn't/wouldn't fix it. Otherwise, very happy with it.

Only a Chevy for the workin man

BOWTIE-ALLTHEWAY, 02/13/2008

I've only had my 1500 hd for a few months and have had only one thing go wrong at that is the 4L80-E trans.I have put just over 12000 miles on my truck and the trans is bad but not a big deal to me any way when you use a truck like you should your gona have stuff go bad but other than that this is the best chevy I've ever had (just so ya'll know this will be the 10th Chevy I have bought in five years and would not even think about geting a Ford or a Dodge)

Pleased Owner

R. Colonna, 02/13/2003

It's been a great truck. 25,000 miles in the first year and it hasn't been to the shop once. It hauls great. Does it ride a little rough? Sure, its an HD. Does it get great gas mileage? 14 MPG, not bad for having 3.73 rear end.

I Love my truck!

Ladyrider, 11/12/2007

I have owned this truck for three year's. I have kept my oil changed at every 3k mile's and have had no problems out of my Chevy! His name is Elija (yes, I name my vehicles) I put 105 miles a day on this truck and I feel very safe & confident in it. When purchased it had about 60k roughly and now I have right at 200k miles I don't doubt it won't last another 200K. I cannot stress enough to folks to keep their oil changed & hey I'm a Lady saying this. Thanks Chevy for a well built product that I am proud to drive Every day. I Love my truck LadyRider

51050