Used 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
12345...22

Pros
Cons

Good for 500 miles, then it's a vibrator with no fix

chevy_vibrator, 12/05/2014

Bought this new 2014 Silverado 2.5 months ago. Within 500 miles, it started to vibrate on all roads at all speeds. After 5 trips to the shop, 3 failed fixes, a service manager that acknowledged the problem and said he had a friend with the same problem, 4 calls to GM, GM said "It's normal, there's nothing more we can do". It's not normal to feel like every road is a gravel road. And if you search the internet, you'll find 1000s of others reporting this same problem. GM refused to do anything further, so I took a little loss and traded for a Dodge Ram 1500. Couldn't be happier. GM has a big problem here, doesn't know a solution, and is in complete damage control at this point.

Loved it at first....growing concerned

autoindustry1, 01/24/2014

I loved this truck at first. Great ride, fuel economy and interior comfort/features. I'm starting to have several issues of major concern. My truck starts very hard in cold weather. Several revolutions of the engine before it'll fire up. Getting worse. I also have a distinct coolant smell coming from the truck after it's gotten warm. There is a vibration I've noticed at freeway speeds in the drivetrain that's starting to drive me nuts. I also have to bring the truck into the dealer for 2 recalls. My windshield has cracked and I don't believe it's anything that I've done. GM spec'd the glass too thin to save weight??? The truck is a bit jerky to drive through various speeds. Not

2014 Chevy Silverado

14chevy53, 08/19/2014
Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my 2014 Silverado for 9 months now and have had a long list of issues.Numerous recalls. Had an engine misfire at 14500 miles. Had to replace number 8 cylinder coil which had a history of misfires. Driver side door actuator went out and had to be replaced. The day after I got the truck back (less than 24 hours later) the front passenger side door actuator went out (currently at dealership writing review while its being fixed). When punching the gas the 1st to 2nd gear shift is very rough. Transmission guy at dealership said that's normal which I don't believe. Currently ongoing issue. Really hope GM reads this and contacts me. After what I spent on truck I shouldn't be having issues. Update a couple years later. Can honestly say after owning for 3 years I will never purchase another Chevy or GM product. I've had 14 recalls on this vehicle since I purchased brand new. On top of the issues discussed above I had my truck taken in for transmission problems and after 2 "diagnoses" that they couldn't replicate I finally told them I would not pick up the truck until it was fixed. Amazing that when I drove it with a texhnician I was able to replicate the problem but they couldn't. Ended up my torque converter failed a long with a few other things. Only took me going up to Chevy 6 times over the span of 3 years for them to finally fix it. Leather inside the truck also is cracking already. First time and will be the last owning a GM. Between the dealerships and customer service they are a joke.

25,000 mile review

Stephen, 11/11/2015
Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have not been pleased with my new Chevy Silverado. I've had a couple of Chevy trucks before and had positive experiences. My truck required replacement of the front differential at around 10,000. It was replaced and the truck ran fine, like it did when it was new. But within one long ski trip it was whining again upon return. My second time in, the service manager claimed they couldn't hear the whine but also conlcluded that I was driving too much in AWD. (Auto mode) and that that was breaking the front diff. My argument that that in the Pacific Northwest, you need to drive in AWD a lot was deemed invalid. Anyway, my service experience has continued to decline. Electronic gremlins with the nav/infotainment system and parking sensors have persisted. The service departments don't want to take the keys if it's not malfunctioning in their service bay. Came in after a road trip where my nav/radio was crashing every 5 minutes, for a full day. Had it on video malfunctioning. My new dealership service dept actually laughed at me and said that if it wasn't doing it now , that he didn't know why I had a problem with it. I've taken the truck to several different dealerships for different issues both in Oregon and now in North Carolina and have had consistently bad experiences. Plus, I feel the truck is too new to have multiple, potentially expensive issues. I've vowed to get rid of the truck, not because of its failings but because of the consistently horrible service. On the good side, when everything is working, it's a great truck. The nav is difficult to use when alone and the voice recognition can't recognize anything I say. Always use OnStar now. But it's very comfortable and incredibly quiet despite having off road tires. The gas mileage is much better than I expected. Better than anything I'd replace it with, I think. If you were getting a basic model, fewer electronics, especially with 2WD, I think it would probably be a decent vehicle. I did get rid of this truck in less than a year, because of a faulty parking sensor issue. Crazy, I know, but I could not get any GM service department to take me seriously. The story was always the same and I heard it said to others as well while in waiting rooms. That the truck's problem could be caused by more than one source. They could not diagnose the problem without replacing parts and could not replace the parts without a certainty of diagnosis. A frustrating Catch22. The day before I traded it in, I took it in one last time and begged them to seriously check it out. Told them they could really do the next owner a huge favor by really trying to fix it. They took it in for 10 minutes and gave me the same story. BTW I bought an SUV. It has full time AWD. I've put 30,000 miles on it this year, no busted front diffs. :-)

2014 Chevy Silverado Engine Misfire!!!!!!!!!!

dthatcher, 05/31/2014

Just took my 2014 Silverado in today because of an "Engine Misfire" I only have 6600 miles on it, and do not feel very happy at this time. I have learned from reading other forums that I'm not the only who has this problem. There are some real horror stories going around that GM might not really have fix!!!. The problem started when I came to a stop. A real hard down shift hit first followed by the motor started to miss like it jumped timing. The check engine light started to blink constantly and the Track Light came on. I know we have GM customer service people on this forum so I would like to see what they have to say. However I don't want the standard responsive of take it to the dealer.

12345...22