Used 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

The get up pickup.
By Rick W.

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I didnt like the pickup with the 5.3 v8. I picked the 6.2 which was a big improvement. Should have gone with the stiffer ride from the Z-71 package. The 10 speed transmission is a much smoother shifting than the 6 speed in this model. Love the glossy black 22 inch rims as an option.

Nice looking truck Buyer beware GM lacks support
By Brian

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB w/2WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this truck 17 months ago. 22000 miles off lease. After 3 months I had to replace Battery. Charging system overcharges battery causing battery to fail pre-maturely. The new battery is starting to do the same thing the last 1 did. At the start of summer the a/c failed. Had the Schrader valve replaced $94, lasted about 2 weeks. Had condenser replaced and recharged again $209, lasted about 4 weeks. This hasn't been fixed yet. After researching and finding out that the14 and 15 Silverados have faulty A/C Discharge Hoses (millions of complaints about the problem) I Made a complaint to Chevrolet, they told me I have to get a diagnosis from dealer $139. so the dealer gets to rip me off for another $139 for a diagnosis already performed by my own qualified mechanic. But Chevrolet wont process a complaint without diagnosis from their Qualified mechanics. While the dealer has the truck they fix a recall for the steering, perform an oil change and diagnose A/C. when I pay the bill they report that The A/C needs a Discharge Hose (I told them that when I got there) and recharge the system $540. Then the report also says that I need a new radiator $1120. About a month ago I had to have my mechanic address a couple grounding issues in the taillights. The undercoating on the frame is peeling off and has a sizeable amount of rust building up around the rear of the frame. The list of problems seems to continue to grow longer. The truck is absolutely beautiful to look at. Black and Chrome (the way I like it) The transmission shifts harder than I would like it to. The fuel mileage isn't that great. The cab is noisy. The ride is hard but I would expect a short bed truck to be a little rough. Chevrolet says that I am over my 36,000 mile warranty so they don't need to do anything. They will register the complaint. If there is ever a recall on the issues: my vehicle would be included, if it qualifies. So now I have a truck that I'm making payments on that needs repairs. The dealer says they would be glad to help me get into another vehicle. Isn't that nice of them! It wont be a GM product when I do trade it in. I'm going to loose my ass on this junk truck GM don't give a Damn and the dealer I salivating at the mouth, waiting for me to buy another vehicle. Once again the consumer eats all the loss!

SILVERADO PERFORMS AS ADVERTISED!!!
By Nelson Kimmell

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

This Chevy truck lives up to all advertisements and this from an actual owner!

Afm
By Jason

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

V-4 sucks! AFM is the worst thing chevy has ever done! Very anoying! If your gonna make a v-8 leave it a v8! Those who want a 4 cylinder will buy a 4 cylinder!!!

Let's talk SHAKES
By Tim

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

After I bought this truck used I found that the truck shakes at around 80 MPH. I took it to the dealer, no help really come on! I took it to a tire place to balance the tires it help but still unbearable. I almost traded it in on a new Ford, the Ford was ok but my payment would have doubled. I couldn't bear doing that. Then one day I took it to a high performance tire place, one that sells racing tires. I asked them to balance the wheels to as close to perfection as possible, even tipped them before starting the work. I got it out on the highway and refused to look at the speedometer, until I couldn't resist, holy cow I was doing over 90 mph. The shake is gone, the skies are blue and I saved myself something like $18k on a new truck. I hope this helps just one person. About the rest of the truck, it is great, go drive one.