Used 2001 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

Used Impala for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...27

Pros
Cons

LS NOT RELIABE

FRANK DAVIS, 03/21/2002

I really wish US auto makers would get it together. I spend too much time dropping this car off at the dealership. Transmission problems,AC problems and noises under the dash. I'm going back to buying NISSANs. The car looks and handles great, but it's not reliable.

My Favorite Car

Justin, 10/31/2018
LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Said goodbye to the impala tonight. Loved the 3.8 L engine. I got 305,000 miles on it. Very few problems. Traded it in for a newer car with updated safety features as my wife and I are expecting a child soon. I'm going to miss my Chevy.

Wonder Car. I wonder what will break next

Oilmech, 05/16/2016
LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used, in very good condition and well maintained as a commuter for my wife. Within two years of of a 50 mile round trip commute on easy roads the transmission, alternator, air pump system, several solenoids, thermostat and several sensors failed at around 70,000 miles on the car. The latest issues is that the front bearing hubs are starting to fail. Thankfully, I can do most of the repairs myself or I would have needed a second mortgage on my home to pay for everything. While the car is comfortable and the heated seats are great in cold weather, I am sick of fixing it and am in the process of selling the car. Yes, it is an older car, but the failures are inexcusable on a car with relatively low mileage that has had good care. We have had several GM vehicles over the years, this one was by far the least reliable and most expensive to own. There will be no more GM vehicles in our garage. Update. The car was sold at a significant loss after I grew tired of spending every weekend doing repairs on it.

Definately have got my money's worth

Karen C., 09/16/2018
LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have have had very good luck ,so much so that we own 3 Impalas 2001,2013 and 2014 ,only issue with the 01 is a glitch in the security system ,if you let it go through 4 rounds of flashing from battery to security ,till it flashes single on each 1 it starts right up was told by dealership it would be $1,500 to fix ,if i does this it starts in less than 10 minutes ,wasn't worth my hard earned money to fix something that happens 1 time a year .

Don't Want to Give Up My Impala

Judy, 11/01/2010

Purchased this car new. Currently has 122,000 miles on it. Classy looking and very comfortable. This vehicle handles and rides like a dream even through I am hard on vehicles. I did have some issues with the electrical system during the first few months, but they were resolved. As others have noted, there is an issue with a knock in the steering & the gas float doesn't work anymore, but I work around it. Getting approx 28 mpg in rural driving situation. Husband is pushing for a new car, but I don't like the style of the new Impala's. Hate to see the "old girl" go. I'll probably go for an all wheel drive crossover this time since I can't find a sedan that gives me what I want.

12345...27