Used 2001 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

Used Impala for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...27

Pros
Cons

Reliable Car!

jig226, 01/29/2003

This Impala is my first brand new car. It works great. But I have to mention several problems of it. First, in the winter time when temperature is very low, there is squeaking noise when braking slowly. Second, one of the door windows is a little shaking when it is not closed entirely. Third, the display on the screen will be faint out automatically. Anyway, it's great and reliable car.

No matter what color, impalas r lemons

troy8432, 06/17/2004

Electrical - Turn signals wouldn't work at 3K miles. Brake rotors - Warped at 3K miles. Chevy replaced but told me next time I would pay. Transmission - Fail to shift at 15K, 20k, 25k, and 35500 miles. Chevy found no fault until 36100 miles. Hmmm...just after original warranty expired. Ignition - 38k, intermittently won't recognize key and fails to start. Can't disable system. No matter what I will sell this car at 69999 miles or before. I expect the fenders to jump off at 70k.

You get what you pay for

e humphrey, 11/29/2004

I have almost 49000 miles on my Chevrolet .The steering has had excessive work required, both struts have been replaced some sort of drag link has been replaced two times.The electrical system is a joke, the fuel gauge works part time,other indicators are unreliable.The transmission is noisy and slams in when shifting down.

Run Far Far Away!

Piece of Junk, 01/30/2007

I've only put 24k miles on this car and have had to replace brakes and rotors twice. Thermostat twice, the temp gauge keeps going out and when that happens the air/heat doesn't work properly. New exhaust system only to find out it was recalled and gm only reimbursed me 60% of the cost. Rattles between 55-65. Performance is horrible. Gas mileage is nowhere near what GM claims. And this week the transmission just went out. I am buying Japanese from now on. This car is completely unreliable and I would recommend you not even test drive it. I now have so much negative equity that I have to buy a much more expensive car to carry it.

My tranny

walkhud, 08/01/2007

Bought the car at 188,000km. It had a new transmission 1 year before we purchased it so we thought we were safe despite the mileage. Transmission went within 1,000km. They said there was a problem with a heater that warms the transmission fluid and that killed 2 transmissions ($2500 CDN to fix). New battery ($200). Oil in our coolant led to a new radiator ($800 CDN to fix). Now we have oil in our coolant again 2 months later...we'll wait and see now. By the way, we've only driven 5,000km! That's $0.70/km not counting car payments/insurance/gas.

12345...27