Used 2001 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

Used Impala for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...27

Pros
Cons

2001 impala 3,4 v6

roy coleman, 07/09/2008

Bought this car, with 13,000 miles, and about 8 months old. Car now has 170,000 miles. First set of tires, lasted over 140,000 miles, there has been only one set of new rotors and two sets of brakes put on this car since new. Runs absolutely great, original plug's lasted 160,000 miles, just recently changed them. Have had some problem's with the air conditioner, having to do with the way Chevrolet designed the system to work. Based on sensors, as to where they do or do not respond properly. Every problem that this car has had I fixed myself, as they were minor. This is and has been a great car.

I'll never buy a GM vehicle ever again

Mark, 04/14/2016
LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is a money pit constant major repairs. And the recalls, I'm currently on a long list to get the recalls fixed, both of that may kill you. Handling? It handles like a boat..... Ok the positive's of the car, it's roomy and comfortable, it get's decent mpg for the size. Don't be fooled by my mileage 200k this is my 3rd engine and 2nd transmission in this lemon Among many smaller repairs. I don't mind repairs I understand eventually things go bad or maintance needs to be done, but when parts fail because they are poorly designed or cheaply made that's what makes me angry and I'll take my business elsewhere.

This is not a family sedan

atmandjLS01, 01/26/2009

I just got this car 4 months ago and already I had to spend $600 replacing the oil pan gasket. Also, the owner before me had to replace a couple parts like the steering rack, as well, which cost him around 2 grand, parts+labor. It drives great, has plenty of power for freeway driving although electrical problems bring it down, like intermittent times where the turning signals dont work. For all its problems, it is still worth buying.

Great Car

brian, 12/29/2009

Would recommend this car for someone who wants sports car but has family very comfortable good on gas 3.4 performance ok but used to driving a camaro z28. Front end needs some rebuild after 120k but not as expensive as some may say cost about $400. most cars require some rebuild after 100k so dont complain normal wear and tear. Little oil leak just damp under oil pan who ever said 600. to replace is getting ripped off easy to change. Transmission shifts great run awesome getting ready to tune up for 100k tune-up great car dependable.

impala sucks!

Shelley, 07/07/2002

I purchased a 2001 white Impala LS, fully loaded for $27,000 & it has been my nightmare ever since! Ten months later and the transmission has gone out THREE times! You have to schedule an appointment, 25 miles away, to have it looked at. Let me tell ya, I've been doing a lot of reading up on Illinois lemon laws. The 0% is what got me to buy the car and I will never, ever, ever buy a Chevy again. I have tried numerous times to trade it in and it's true about the value of it dropping as soon as you drive it off the lot. 10 months later and it books at $12,000 less than what I paid for it. Don't buy Impalas!

12345...27