Used 1995 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews

Used Blazer for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

300k Miles!

Bill, 09/22/2009
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought vehicle as a lease return in 1997. With regular maintenance have had very few problems. Original engine and transmission! Driven all over the US. Repairs include oil coolant lines (3), starter (2), freeze plugs (2). front brakes (many). Only issue are coolant lines and having to put new rotors on with almost every brake change. 19mpg combined. Starting to get expensive to repair. Last 3 months-Shocks, ball joints, alternator. Overall very happy with the vehicle.

ok chevy

ok chevy, 11/12/2009
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

had a 92 chevy astro had to sell that piece of junk so my dad loaned me his winter beater it was good the first year beat the crap out of it, it still runs the 4.3 is underpowered with a full load by myself it hauls the leather seats are hard 5'10'' i fit perfectly in it if i was any taller i would be uncomfortable

Reliable and Fun

Fasttac, 11/15/2009
LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car from my grandfather. He really never treated it well, but never drove it into the ground. He neglected the oil changes and annual services. I got it at 92,000 mi. It needs a new EGR valve and AC compressor but other than that it runs great. I have had to replace the basic stuff (plugs,wires,fuel filter, etc) but it is super reliable. I think mine is the same as the 98-newer ZR2 package. 4x4 is reliable. The dislikes i have is the EGR valve. Mine is failing and causing it to run extremely rich. I also don't like the fuel gauge. It is so stupid because it goes up and down when i press the gas and brake. It also needs a pair of coil springs in front. i'll buy the same one

One of My Favorites

Venom274, 05/06/2010
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

My Blazer isn't actually a 4x4, it's one of the few 95's with AWD. I absolutely Love this truck. its currently my project. I honestly think it's a lot more reliable than what people say it is for I haven't had that many problems with it. The few things that did go like a fuel pump or pcv valve is expected at 160k miles. Other than that I am a huge off-road/muddying enthusiast and the blazer withstands its abuse and handles great while also maintaining a great grip on the road in wet conditions. I can take corners in the rain like its dry weather. the blazers body stabilizers make the blazer what it is. I'm never getting rid of it.

Buyer Beware!!!

Scarface, 07/18/2002
4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased a 1995 Chevy Blazer from a private seller and after over $3,000 in repairs later I am still having nothing but problems with the vehicle. So far I have had to replace the fuel injectors, the entire distributor system, numerous repairs on ball joints and universal joints, egr valve, and abs system, and I am told that the fuel pump is due (Another $800). Buyer Beware!!

12345...17