Used 2019 Cadillac XT5 Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used XT5 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Come over to my house

Alan, 08/31/2018
Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The car reviewers i.e. car magazines and online reviewers are mostly wrong. The Cadillac CUE system in my 2017 XT5 is great!. Like most technology, you have to learn it. When you do after a day or two, you'll find the flexibility and things you can do are great. I get the feeling the reviewers get in the car and expect this knowledge to pop into their heads. It's a computer guys. Come on over to my house and I'll teach you how to use it. The mirrors are rather large and just fine contrary to this review. The base navigation system is unimpressive. The XT5 is a rather large vehicle, but I got 28mpg on a recent road trip. I was pleasantly surprised.

good car but not great car

Stew, 06/03/2019
Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have had my XT5 for 1 year and I am pleased with it. Rides well but sometimes suspension can be harsh. Transmission gets confused at times. I found the seat back very uncomfortable and had auto upholsterer add more padding; problem solved. Missing features like side mirror turn signal, locking gas door and many other small items. The bottom edge of the 2 front doors have sharp corners not rounded smooth edges like every other cat that I've owned. Cut my legs twice on the door. Otherwise the car is smooth, quiet, comfortable and reliable. A good car but could and should be a little better. Follow up 1 year later - still happy with my XT5. This is my first American car I have owned and am pleased with the reliability. The 2020 model has been updated and many of the issues I have with the car have been addressed. The new transmission is supposed to be much more refined. Many basic features missing from my car are now standard equipment (HID headlight, turn signals in mirrors, etc.). Another year later and still very pleased with my XT5. Very reliable and no issues

Love My XT5!

Thomas Derr, 11/05/2018
Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Three weeks ago, I took delivery of a 2019 XT5 Luxury AWD with the optional Black Ice Package (dark grey 20" wheels, blacked-out grille, and Black ice exterior trim pieces). First, the car looks great, with the Crystal White Tricoat paint, contrasting nicely with the Black Ice Package trim. This vehicle rides so smoothly and is the quietest car I have ever driven. This past weekend, I took it on its first longer trip, from southern NJ to Northeast PA. It handled hills and twisting roads without complaint. On the way home, I filled the tank. When I got home, I pulled up the trip summary on my app, and for the last 101 miles (fill up to home), the fuel economy was calculated as 30 mpg! Even though this is an AWD model, it's not full-time AWD. On my car, AWD is activated by selecting either Sport mode or just "AWD". I've been driving in Tour mode, 2-wheel drive, for the most part. My XT5 also has front pedestrian braking, low speed automatic braking and lane departure warning, which my '16 SRX did not have. The Bose Surround system gives beautiful sound. I couldn't be happier with this crossover.

Love my XT5

Carol, 11/10/2018
Premium Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I owned a 2011 SRX that I absolutely loved. Was not really excited to trade it in for the XT5 but my husband insisted. Glad I listened because I do love it! Took a while to get used to the gear shift, it's very different from the SRX. But I love the CUE system. Very comfortable both driver and passenger. Back seat has lots of leg room. Smooth ride. After owning two Cadillac SUVs I don't think I will ever be happy with anything else!

Spoiled by my rental, and now I want one of my own

SteveG, 07/22/2019
4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I drove one of these over the course of a weekend. At first it took a little bit of work to get used to the controls and technology (I'm used to Toyotas). But once I did, most everything seems to work well, and it was a pleasure to drive this thing. Smooth, comfortable, and clean looking. And if fit my 6'4", 260 lb body very, very nicely.

Amazing car

Ben, 03/22/2019
Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I love my XT5 as it is a smooth ride and fast. It’s a pleasure to drive it. MPG is very good and if you are careful you get great gas milage. The transmission is so smooth you don’t even feel the gear change. Pretty spacious as well. I drove a Lincoln Navigator for many years but so far like XT5 better since it’s more compact and rides better.

First Cadillac makes a great first impression

Mike Swanigan, 12/31/2019
Premium Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have owned this car for a month and absolutely love it. It has more features than the Lexus 350 I was looking at for thousands less. After driving both cars it was an easy decision based on features and price. The only thing I would change is the Bluetooth audio does not show album or artist details on screen which is so mirror. Everything else is so intuitive and easy to use. Based on the exterior conditions the car sets the internal systems to make you comfortable. Love it! I am averaging 23 mpg which is better than expected for the AWD. Also purchased this used on Vroom which was an excellent experience and will definitely be using this way for purchasing cars in the future.

Best Caddy ever!

Joseph p kennedh, 09/30/2018
Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Their lossThis is the best SUV I' ve been waiting for. Truly a dream come true. Unlike the truck chassis, this SUV rides on air. I'm astonished that the public has not given this vehicle the attention it deserves. Their loss, bye the. bye.

Comfort cannot be beaten.

Steve, 07/06/2020
Premium Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Being in the transportation field for almost 30 years I've driven a wide array of vehicles and have never driven anything as comfortable as my 2019 xt5. This is my second xt5 ive owned and couldn't be happier. 28 mpg on the highway. As I get older I understand why my grandfather always wanted one. You cant beat the comfort and ride. The power is very good. Styling is great especially in black. Plenty of room. Bose system is incredible. The only thing I don't like is the depreciation value compared to the Japanese competitors. For me, comfort is far more important. I cant see going back to anything else especially as I get older.

Love at first sight still the same after 7 months

Tom L, 05/22/2019
Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Great looking and smooth riding. Roomy interior front and back, comfortable leather seating, musical heaven equipped with Bose. Plenty enough power unless you're into speed racing. Top that off with excellent gas mileage - only requires regular gas! Oh and by the way if your passengers love looking at the sky - the panoramic sun roof provides a sensational view!

Love my XT5

Amir Asfa, 08/28/2019
Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The best car I have ever had. Everything is wonderful about this car. I highly recommend it. You can not even compare it to BMW or Lexus ...

Bob

Bob Dello, 07/15/2020
Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Well, I had an 2012 SRX but never liked it the ride was really rough. i bought a GMC Denali and it was a great riding SUV. I heard about the XT5 , i check it out i loved the ride and bought it. all systems Go a very good purchase, especially the deal i made for a used 2019.

Like butter......smooth

Jim, 01/15/2019
Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Highly recommend the 14 speaker stereo upgrade. Vehicle performs nicely and very comfortable. Too bad Cadillac doesn’t offer a “V” package like on other models.

Nice mid sized SUV

Jeff Dawson, 02/19/2019
Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

smallest trunk space.... good gas mileage and adequate power

Exquisite car

Happy owners, 01/23/2021
Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We have been driving our 2019 XT5 Luxury V6, 3.6 L, FWD, horizon red (exterior), Sahara beige (interior), family SUV for more than a year, now, and are excited every single time we enter it. With our previous cars, the longer we had them the less delighted we were. It definitely is NOT the case with our XT5. The aesthetics are superb, as the cabin inside feels like a piece of art, while still being a real car. (We came to believe that critics of XT5 interior were not seeing the forest for the trees; focused on nitty-bitty details, like "rough edges" of door pockets, but completely missing or mischaracterizing it as a whole). The appearance of exterior is sharp, not your neighbor's yet another SUV, and elegant. The front and rear boomerang-shaped lights are in our opinion the best looking in the auto industry. Very appropriate for a true luxury vehicle, which it is. Although the cabin is very spacious and comfy, the car's outside dimensions are about perfect for parking in a standard garage or parking lot. Before we bought our XT5 we wanted to buy Explorer, but parking it, even with automatic car assist was a frustrating experience due to its oversized width. (Also, Explorer - the top of the line version - did not feel nearly as luxurious inside as XT5.) The V6 quietness and pick up are very satisfying. The auto stop-restart gets some time to get used to it, but after a while we actually like it. It's pretty cool. Driving it is a pleasure, too. Smooth ride like a velvet, easy to maneuver, all-by-wire steering and transmission will amaze you. It feels like a light-weighted car and not 2,500 lb gross weight truck. It does exactly what the driver wants it to do. So far no repairs, just oil change and washing. Fuel efficiency is good, although we don't drive it too fast. Now, some critical comments. Our biggest concern probably pertains to virtually all new vehicles available on the market. The "short travel" suspension that today's cars utilize may look sharp and fashionable, provide better fuel economy and feeling of the roar, and offer a smooth ride on a good quality pavement, but becomes rough and bumpy on bumpy roads. We remember times when a full-size or mid-size cars were floating through roads' imperfections as the only parts that were moving up and down were wheels. Unfortunately, that is no longer the case with today's new cars. When a highway has a bump, you cans see that the wheels AND the entire body of every new car are moving up and down on it. Our second concern is the car length. Making it a few inches longer (perhaps, an optional "L" version) would make the rear half of the cabin feel like an upscale saloon. We wonder why manufacturers of most cars abandoned the idea that it is the rear seats that should be the most spacious and comfortable. Not that we complain about XT5's rear seat, its is comfy and can be moved back and forth, and reclined a bit, but, again, we are a bit critical about the recent trend in auto industry in this respect. Our third concern is with the control/GPS screen. It misses a shade so when the sun is up it sometimes throws the light directly on it, which makes it more difficult to read some small details. We also found it difficult to buy one specific accessory: pillows that would allow passengers to sleep while riding in upward position. Perhaps, Cadillac could consider commissioning them; they would greatly enhance the pleasures (or reduce tiredness) of the long-distance driving. Other than that, we love it from the first sight. We probably will keep it indefinitely.

Love my car

Butch, 09/27/2018
Premium Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Could use more horsepower