Used 2006 Cadillac STS Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac STS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Made for me!!!
By Mike Frank

2006 Cadillac STS V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

It a lot of car for the money

Great Old Lady's Caddy!
By Colorfulkel

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We got this car for my very capable elderly mother to drive back and forth to church and the store. She loves it, was able to learn the car easily, and truly enjoys the luxury ride!

Dude. Yes.
By Michael Forman

2006 Cadillac STS V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Finally got my grubby paws on a V8 STS, after a year of searching high and low on the intertubes. Perfect color (black), low miles (50k), prior owner babied her like the creampuff that she is, and great price ($12k). I can only assume that the general snobbiness of the American car buying public keeps prices so affordable for such a monstrous performance car. I say, danke schoen to you, BMW owners. My new beauty's Northstar absolutely GROWLS. So throaty and wonderful. I do hereby solemnly swear that (if I can afford to) I will be a Cadillac owner for the rest of my days on this mortal coil.

If you, dear reader, take any advice from all this...it's worth the wait for the V8. Put that on a bumper sticker.

Best Car We Ever Drove
By stser

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new in June 2006 for my wife and two middle school boys. Boys are grown and gone, but car is still excellent. 108,000 miles and counting. Lots of short cold winter starts which can really wear on an engine, but no problems. Used synthetic oil and changed only every 10,000 miles. Ash tray covers (f&b) both broke off, and the bushings in the front suspension have moved out of place so we do get some clunking noises over bumps. Both headlamps burned out within months of each other and were costly to replace because the whole front end had to come off. On third set of tires, otherwise no issues. If looking at used...I would buy my car again. Hope to keep it another 100,000 miles. Good GM!

In dash GPS, unlocks before you reach the car, outstanding speaker system, bluetooth link, memory seating and the heated steering wheel. Drove some BMWs and others, Caddy was the best ride.

I have a tall torso. With the seat all the way back and all the way down my head still touches the top. If I lean slightly to one side or the other I am fine, or if I slouch. After ten minutes of driving I slouch anyway, so no problem. But if I could have just one more inch...

Cadillac Delivers Excellence, GM does not.
By darkmatter

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 3.6L v6 STS fully loaded for $10,000 after my previous Cadillac, a 2000 Deville DHS, was totaled from hail damage. I needed to get a new car quickly, and I had my first Cadillac for so long with no issues; I wanted to stick to the brand. When I first sat in the vehicle the overwhelming number of "intuitive" features was extremely intimidating. Overtime, they grew on me, and the immense customization became a tool from the vehicle to optimize a perfect driving experience. However, with all the great number of features and beautiful styling of the car I found it was easy to overlook the mechanics. One week after I purchased the vehicle, I noticed a "clicking" noise. Continued:

I had the vehicle inspected by a trusted local mechanic immediately when I noticed the noise. His assessment was "during 2005-2008 GM made faulty timing chains specifically for 3.6L engines due to a faulty thermostat in one of their furnaces." The noise I heard that sounded like "clicking" were the cam phasers. I was told it was not an immediate issue, but the noise will continue to get louder and in 1-5 years the timing chain will have to be replaced, and this requires pulling the motor. Overall, I don't reflect this as an issue of Cadillac, but it is a reminder that when you buy a Cadillac; you are buying GM. I also had the EVAP, check engine, light come on. I think it's just the gas cap.

My overall review of the car is a good-great review. The exterior design is stunning with beautiful curves. The interior has something left to be desired. The dash is made of cheap feeling material, and the vents do not move in the Y axis making it hard to position them optimally. The glove box is incredibly small. The seats, the handling, performance, and ride comfort are great. The touch screen is reactive, but it seems outdated compared to modern technology, particularly cell phones. Overall, the small "issues" with the interior are easily overlooked, and if asked to buy the car again I would despite my issues with GM. My love for Cadillac's makes it easy to want to take care of the car.