Used 2008 Cadillac DTS Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac DTS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

BIG, COMFY RIDE
By S

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Absolutely a great ride. Breaking would be my only complaint, but is a large heavy vehicle. Just got to get used to it...

PMCaddy
By Phyllis Milne

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Very reliable, luxuriously comfortable, excellent handling, very low mileage car.

Found a peach!
By Terry Herron

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This 2008 DTS has ALL the bells and whistles! Even an electric roller shade in the back window. It rides like you're in your own living room! When you sit inside and start it up, you think you're in a space ship...lights all around! It's designed to work with OnStar, so we had to get an aftermarket bluetooth adapter. The navigation is CD (DVD?) driven, so future updates should not be a problem. I LOVE the dual heated and cooled front seats, and the rear seats also have heat!
TWO YEAR UPDATE: Still going strong with only routine upkeep. She just needed a small touch-up on some surface rust on one door. At 90,000+ miles, still a very reliable car. All electronics work (and it's LOADED). Comfortable to ride.
THREE YEAR UPDATE: The 3rd brakelight on the trunk was found to have some lights not working. Bought a new light online and had our local mechanic install it. Nearly 100,000 miles on it and STILL just like new!

Wanted to love it...but in the end...didnt!
By phillip_g

2008 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have loved Cadillacs since I was 5 years old and rode with my Granny everywhere in her many Cadillacs over the years. I am not the typical age of the traditional Caddy buyer. I like the size, comfort, and style of large American Cars. Family has always driven Caddys or Lincolns and I carry on that tradition with a great amount of pride. Purchased Certified-Used in early 2011, traded a 2005 Deville DTS that I loved. The 2008 DTS is NOT a sports car nor is it intended to be. I am so very disappointed in its reliability issues not only for the cost but also for sentimental reasons.

Heated and cooled front seats, front seats have rolling lumbar supports. Rear seats are heated and has HVAC controls for the rear passengers. Its difficult to be uncomfortable in any seat in the car. As the driver you can personalize almost every feature to your individual setting and works with key fob or memory button. Very Comfortable for 5 adults, great road trip car. HUGE trunk. Front and rear parking sensors are handy. Smooth V8 and considering its size got decent mpg.

Difficult to park due to the turing radius. A vehicle of this size should not be front wheel drive and transmission was only a 4 speed thus hindering the performance of the big V8. It was just out of warranty and it started to have major issues- rear suspension problems, cracked motor mounts, and leaking a lot of oil into the crank case- needed almost $6k+ worth of work after putting $2500 into the front suspension. These issues were very surprising to me as I am neurotic about taking care of my vehicles and maintenance on them. 2005 model had almost the the same exact issues but were covered under warranty.

Glad I didn't sell my Merc Grand Marquis.
By rdownie

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Two years ago, I purchased a 2008 Cadillac DTS with 62,000 miles. It was to replace my 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis with 156,000 miles---now 163,000.
The Cad looks and runs like a brand new car, but the ride is not near as nice as my aging Grand Marquis. Lots of road noise on city streets.

Plus, too many buttons to push---very distracting. I would have bought another Mercury, but Ford wrongly decided to not manufacture them any more. The Mercury does not have as many distracting buttons to push and the ride, both city and highway, are much, much better.

Headroom in the Cadillac for the driver's side is poor. I am 5'11" and 230 lbs. I have to move the seat to the maximum down and rear positions, plus relocate the steering wheel to the maximum up position, in order to get in without bumping my head on the door frame. In my 60 years of driving, I have owned many luxury cars. This Cad is the worst of them all. By the way, my wife, much smaller, loves the car, or I would get rid of it immediately.

The Cadillac recently developed an oil leak in a cover on the front part of the engine. The Cad dealer wanted $2,900.00 to repair this mild to moderate leak, stating that the entire engine has to be removed to make the repairs. Ugh to Cadillac and General Motors.

Another distraction is the speedometer display. When the morning sun is up, you cannot read the dash lights. And, turning the headlights on to the maximum does not help any. No more Cadillac's for me. This is not a car for the un-rich owner. Driving into the Cadillac Dealer costs an arm and a leg for even the smallest services. I have traded this Cadillac off for a new KIA Optima. Not as many buttons to push but the compact KIA handles better and is more comfortable than the "Luxury" Cad. As previously said----no more Cadillac's for me.