Used 2008 Cadillac DTS Consumer Reviews

Used DTS for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Batmobile... All Grown-up

miguelski, 05/24/2011

In considering a replacement for my 2004 black Supercharged SS Monte Carlo (Batmobile) I looked for an American made "grown-up" 4 door car. My internet research led me to the Certified 2008 black-on-black Cadillac DTS which I purchased. I am very pleased with my purchase.

What a Cadillac is supposed to be!

Southern, 11/30/2008

Big, strong and comfortable. Quiet. Economical - using regular gas, long oil intervals and all this with a torquey V8. Really well thought out. No "Idrive" or other difficult to understand user interfaces like the competition offers. Has all the toots and whistles including power lumbar with massage! Side radar that warns if something is in the blind zone. Rear and front parking aids. And a bunch more. Needless to say it is very comparable to more expensive foreign cars, but does some things better. This car just makes you feel good when you drive it.

Found a peach!

Terry Herron, 12/02/2015
Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This 2008 DTS has ALL the bells and whistles! Even an electric roller shade in the back window. It rides like you're in your own living room! When you sit inside and start it up, you think you're in a space ship...lights all around! It's designed to work with OnStar, so we had to get an aftermarket bluetooth adapter. The navigation is CD (DVD?) driven, so future updates should not be a problem. I LOVE the dual heated and cooled front seats, and the rear seats also have heat! TWO YEAR UPDATE: Still going strong with only routine upkeep. She just needed a small touch-up on some surface rust on one door. At 90,000+ miles, still a very reliable car. All electronics work (and it's LOADED). Comfortable to ride. THREE YEAR UPDATE: The 3rd brakelight on the trunk was found to have some lights not working. Bought a new light online and had our local mechanic install it. Nearly 100,000 miles on it and STILL just like new! November 2018: Noting rare slippage in the transmission, we decided to trade-in. Now leasing a Kia Forte instead. Someone will still get many enjoyable years from this Cadillac.

American Beauty

TomK, 11/20/2008

This is the most beautiful auto I have ever seen. Everything about its styling pleases my eyes. There is no defect in appearance inside or out. If I had a blank piece of paper, this is what I would design. Several years ago I attended a comparison drive of luxury autos sponsored by Motor Trend Magazine. I was able to test drive the best of Europe, Asia and the US any way I wanted. Believe me, no expensive import offers anything more than the Cadillac DTS except snob appeal. I had really planned to buy a six cylinder with a six speed transmission. But when I saw this DTS, I couldn't say no.

9th Cadillac

caddyclassic, 02/18/2009

My 9th Cadillac is the best one I've owned. I'm old, but I still want the luxury with performance, the Northstar still amazes me, even after three of them. Wind noise of past cars has been minimized. If you are a long time buyer, this could be the cheapest car to own.

12345...6