Used 2011 BMW 1 Series Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW 1 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:

VROOM! VROOM! Better than zoom zoom
By emm386

2011 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I looked at a lot of convertibles and very glad I took my time and didn't settle. I wanted either a Mercedes Benz or BMW. Cost, age, use, and mileage all played a part in my decision. The 2011 BMW 128i convertible is an excellent combination of all that and then some. Could I have done better? Perhaps, but it would have cost more and I didn't want to spend too much money on something that was to be used on a part time basis. Driving this beauty is like having a dream so good you just don't want to wake up. This will be a keeper.

Pocket Rocket!
By Neven Freyberg

2011 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This was all round one of the best cars that you can buy for under 50 000 dollars. It’s a fast car that can zip through city’s and open roads.
Pros
- Lots of power
-Great direct steering
-BMW badge
-Good interior quality
Cons
-Not very good in winter driving
-Not very practical
-Not too economical

Buyers Beware!
By K. Sewell

2011 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought a 2011 135i used. Huge mistake! While the car is easy on the eyes, it is rough on the bank account. Within 1 month of buying this car, I had to shell out $1,000 to have the pulleys replaced due to squealing. I drove the car less than 3 months when the headlights went out. It's a cook $4500 to replace these babies. Next (about 2 months later), the thermostat goes out while I am in traffic in Atlanta. This repair hit me for another $1200. The car has a problem with rough idle where it will almost stall at red lights while sitting still (with or without the AC on). I have taken the car to the shop twice only to be told that it is "bad gas". What a lame response for "I have no clue." Most recent repair was an oil leak that costs me $610 and the tech says I need to replace the oil pan - another $1300. Currently, I am tolerating the rough idle (because they have no clue) and the pulleys that were not replaced are squealing really bad. I hate this car. It's my third and FINAL BMW. I will never buy another BMW and highly recommend that you do not either.

Love my tanning machine!
By Dd

2011 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I enjoy driving this car with the top down as much as possible. If climate change, it just takes a second to put the top up, well maybe two ! I get compliments on the car often . If you want to have passengers or lots of storage, this is not for you. But if you are looking for a great ride, this is it. I used to drive a winding canyon every day to go to work. Great way to start and end my day just love it!

Best Car I Have Owned
By tampafriends

2011 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I now have 33,000 miles on my 2011 128i Coupe with automatic.
I have not had one problem with this car.
The only time it has been back to the dealer is for its scheduled maintenance.
It is solid as a rock, and very fast!
I average almost 24mpg overall and that is after a combined city and highway average.
I have owned it since Dec 2010 and have to say I will miss it when the lease is up this Dec.
Someone is going to get a stellar Certified Used Car.

I've looked at some of the complaints here and have to say I have had none!
Not one!

The power to weight ratio is fantastic. 0-60 in under 6 seconds. The fun to drive quotient is extraordinary!

The paint chips too easily. I was told BMW made a change in the paint to lighten the vehicle and to be more environmentally friendly. Get rid of run flat tires! They really do suck! Put a spare back in and put decent tires on the car. They are expensive and if you do get a flat they can be hard to find, especially if traveling off the beaten path.