Used 2011 Volkswagen Routan S Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volkswagen Routan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Routan model:

Cannot stand this van
By vanluvea

2011 Volkswagen Routan Minivan S 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first minivan and I bought it used to save some bucks. However, I completely regret my purchase. My main complaint on this thing is interior quality. It seems like everything is taped together. Both front seats creak, creaks in the pillars, rattle in the dash and right sliding door rattles. Not to mention the windows rattle when they are down. The suspension on this thing is definitely stiffer which is fine but when the interior is built so poorly it easily shows. The worst part is the Caravan seems better by a small margin. I am ditching this thing for an Odyssey and willing to lose some cash on my trade in. That's just how much I hate it.

The powertrain seems more than powerful enough. Relatively comfortable.

The engine noise seems to intrude into the cabin a little too much. Although it is better than the Sienna. Dash is lite in red yet the speedometer/tachometer cluster is in white? Looks cheap and not well thought out. Interior is put together poorly and makes far too much noise while driving on rough pavement. If this could be corrected I could live with this thing.