2009 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: great car overall

2009 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

great car overall
By Drea83079 on

2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Loyal Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

This is a great car for the money. It is very fuel efficient, for those who have only managed to get in 350 or so miles, the mileage does improve drastically over time. I average mid 40's for primarily 50 mph driving on country backroads, and high 30s in city driving. I decreased my weekly gas bill for my Subaru from 180 dollars to my current 52.00 per week! That cannot be beat, and it only requires one fill per week, with me driving 600 miles per week on average. My only complaint is that I have 3500 miles so far, and the check engine light just came on. The dealer has been very helpful, but I am a bit concerned that maybe they have not yet worked out the kinks in the new engine.

the Sound system is fabulous, with 6 disc CD changer, holds up to 18 presets on the memory, comes with Satellite radio for 3 months, has an ipod adapter/jack, very comfortable, very fuel efficient. Fun car to drive!

I love VW, I used to have a new beetle, 1999, and loved that car too. I have a real issue with their working out the quirks in their cars. I love this car overall, but am concerned that already experienced a check engine light. It's brand new!