Used 2012 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Very disappointed
By rzuch

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am so disappointed with the Nav system in my 2012 Sienna, and even more disappointed that Toyota refuses to do anything about it. The Nav system makes poor decisions, often adding quite a bit of time to my trip. And I can't hear the instructions when the radio is on as it does not turn down the radio volume. My last car does this and that was purchased 7 years ago! Entunes is mostly worthless as it's dangerous for the driver to use it when the car is moving, so you're better off having the passenger use apps on a smartphone instead. The Toyota Nav system doesn't even change the time of day when moving into a different time zone. I'd be better off with a $150 Nav unit from Radio Shack.

Suggested Improvements

Do not buy this car with the Navigation system or DVD option. It is a ripoff! Instead have an aftermarket system installed; you will get much better performance for a lot less money. Also consider not buying a Toyota vehicle at all as they have a "buyer beware" policy and will not stand behind these kinds of problems.