Used 2012 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Second Sienna, but not the best..
By carsanddrivers

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's a Toyota.. So it will likely live as long as my 01 which I traded in at 395K miles. Although, the interior quality isn't quite as nice as the 01, and the run flat tires are terrible. But it is HUGE in comparison, and I average about 24mpg with my new non run flat tires, in a 30%city 70% highway driving situation.

It's huge It will likely last 300K miles The JBL Stereo is awesome The AWD is amazing (AWD Minivan drifts in the snow are fun) What used to take a few trips, or a delivery will now likely fit in the back My dog likes it

The interior quality is terrible.. The plastic dash feels like a GM The leather on the arm rest is coming apart at 26k miles The rear seat isn't leather, it is vinyl. The Run Flat tires.. Give me a spare! The exhaust design isn't the best, as in the snow, ice chunks seem to form above the rear pipe and rattle around, requiring you to chisel them out.. While I like Low profile tires on a sports car, I wish this had 16's or 17's and not the 18's.. As the ride would be better on the highway, which is where this thing belongs. The rear view camera, is way too small, it needs a bigger screen, which would make it easier to hitch a trailer.

Very disappointed
By rzuch

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am so disappointed with the Nav system in my 2012 Sienna, and even more disappointed that Toyota refuses to do anything about it. The Nav system makes poor decisions, often adding quite a bit of time to my trip. And I can't hear the instructions when the radio is on as it does not turn down the radio volume. My last car does this and that was purchased 7 years ago! Entunes is mostly worthless as it's dangerous for the driver to use it when the car is moving, so you're better off having the passenger use apps on a smartphone instead. The Toyota Nav system doesn't even change the time of day when moving into a different time zone. I'd be better off with a $150 Nav unit from Radio Shack.

Do not buy this car with the Navigation system or DVD option. It is a ripoff! Instead have an aftermarket system installed; you will get much better performance for a lot less money. Also consider not buying a Toyota vehicle at all as they have a "buyer beware" policy and will not stand behind these kinds of problems.