Used 1995 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

1995 Toyota Celica

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

'95 Celica GT Hatch Still Gets 26-30mpg
By M.A.

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

At 213,000, I still have the original transmission in my 95 Toyota Celica GT Hatchback in Baltic Blue. She has a 2.2 liter 16 valve engine and I just now replaced the radiator. I have always used premium unleaded. Mileage increased 5mpg upon moving from CO at 6K feet to near sea level in OR. The hatch is great; fold down the back seat and I can carry a bicycle or other large items in the car. I plan on remodeling the outside very soon, and replacing engine parts as needed, to keep her as long as I can, hopefully to enter her in shows when she is old enough! She is smooth, accelerates nicely, gets out of the way of reckless drivers quickly. Be careful: "Think" to turn right, and she does!

Favorite Features

Engine performance/gas mileage. Smooth ride. Great safety features. Great leg room for tall me. Highly responsive.

Suggested Improvements

Get the alloy wheels! Get the CD system/great speakers! Upgrade to a system with MP3 Internal ceiling 'panel' needs to be bonded to the roof better More pieces to keep floor mats in place.

Would buy another
By Cat

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Convertible

The style is best I've seen for less than $100K -- I currently have $175,000 miles on mine and have just started some minor maintenance repairs. Well worth every penny!

Favorite Features

styling & the dashboard faces the driver -- as it should

Suggested Improvements

none

fun +++
By mauricio

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

very fun to drive....good fuel economy

Favorite Features

top speed, nice!!!! 150 mph

Suggested Improvements

bigger tops, RPM to high on high speed, too much noise, on the manual trasnsmision.......

This car keeps going
By scott

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

I have owned the car 5 years and it has never broken down once. It has never had a day that it did not perform perfectly and all the features work on it. Only thing that has ever had to be replaced is the tires and the battery which was original equipment. It is not a race car but I have power to pass anytime I want and accelerate up a hill. Just a great little car.

Favorite Features

It handles great in the corners and it just keeps going. All latches locks and mechanism electronics on the car perform flawlessly which says a lot for a 10 year old car

Suggested Improvements

I would like the cab of the car to be quieter

I love my celica!
By Steve

1995 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I purchased my celica 3 years ago. It had 109,000 miles on it, and now has over 140,000 miles. I love it's sporty handling. The engine is a bit sluggish, especially at very high rpm's when the torque drops off. Mine runs 0-60 at a consistant 8.4 seconds totally stock, and about 7.5 with "go- go juice", if ya know what I mean. even with the boosted power, it has had no engine problems at all. The reliability is amazing. I cried when a deer ran into the side of it, and I never want to get rid of it. It can be my "family" car when I save up for a Supra, oh, how I wish I had one!

Favorite Features

Reliability, sporty handling, braking (60-0 in 122 feet!), trunk space, and a sweet looking exterior. The seats are also extremely comfortable and there is lots of leg room in the front seats.

Suggested Improvements

Needs the 3sgte engine which was only sold oversees in the 6th generation.