Hate my car!!
By jennifer_zuri on
2009 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I wanted a Camry for such a long time. I traded my 2003 Chevy Tracker with 140k miles for this piece of junk Camry. I had the car for 5k miles and it already needed new brakes. The take off is terrible, the RPM's go very high on take off, it smells like it is burning and the interior is very poor. My air circulator turns off all the time letting the outside air in and the ride is really rough. The clearance is terrible and now @ 40k miles the dealer tells me that I have to get a fuel injector cleaner on 3 of the injectors (at 150 a pop), a power steering flush and again new brakes! WOW, what a deal!!
Favorite Features
None
Suggested Improvements
Build a better car made of metal and not plastic!
By mcdawgg
on 07/07/11 09:53 AM (PDT)

1. New vechicles are designed to turn off the air recirculate after the system senses that it could fog the windows - see owner's manual. You can set it to stay on all the time by pressing and holding down the button for 5 seconds, but be careful to not let the windows fog up. Dealer is trying to make $$ off of you - you don't need fuel injector cleaner, and you don't need to have the power steering flushed - again, just do what owner's manual says to do. Brakes?? I'd get another opinion, considering the dealer is BSing on the other items. Ride is rough?- check tires - just about everyone says the Camry has the best ride, other than the SE model, which has a stiff suspension by design.