2003 Subaru Baja 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic 3.5 ft. Bed Consumer Review - New "Brat" is a blast!

2003 Subaru Baja - Consumer Review

2003 Subaru Baja AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Base Crew Cab Pickup (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic 3.5 ft. Bed)

New "Brat" is a blast!
By mddolfan on

2003 Subaru Baja AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was intrigued by the Baja from the first Subaru "teasers" in the Spring of 2002. After test driving the Baja next to a couple of compact pickups, I took it home. I was a little worried about whether it would be practical or even useful as a "truck," but after six months, I've enjoyed every minute of owning it. Handling is great. I had the rotor vibration problems mentioned in another review, but Subaru replaced all four and it rides fine now. It's a little underpowered, but still moves when needed. It has a VERY long list of standard features. It's been useful for small and medium-sized loads. Overall, I couldn't be happier with it.

Favorite Features

Versatility (especially with bed extender), amazing handling, I even like the funky looks of the exterior. Interior is VERY comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

A version with Subaru's six cylinder would be ideal, for hauling and towing capacity. Larger switchback opening. Winter package (heated seats and outside mirrors) would be nice, too.