2005 Pontiac Montana - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montana model:
George review
By Geo on 01/16/05 10:54 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana MontanaVision 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Cold --- even in a mild climate, you freeze if the temp gets below 10. Windows frost over at any temp below 40, defrost doesn't help. Why RED dash display?? We've known since 1970 when watches with red led displays came out... YOU CAN'T SEE RED LED DISPLAYS IN SUNLIGHT!.... RED DISPLAY IS USELESS IN SUN LIGHT. Seats do not fold out of the way. Front windshield needs to be made thicker, first hit with a peace of flying gravel, good buy window. Headgasket leaks, wheel bearing out at 80000 miles. I would expect this from a CHRYSLER product. And not last or least.... what it the engine thermostat doing imbeeded so far down in the engine it takes 3 hours repair time and a $250.00 bill to replace it?

sv6 supporter
By mommymobile on 01/15/05 16:55 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Passenger Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The price is very affordable, the insurance is great also. It's great on gas. My children love it, my 3 year old gets in and out herself, the power slider door is wonderful when dropping off or picking up at school, no need to get out anymore. I love driving it.. it sure beats the suv I used to drive... so take it for a test drive... just make sure you get a sales persons that's right for you, and take the time and check out the dealership first.. ask around if anyone has dealt with that dealership. (I had a bad experience)

Montana Van Review
By David on 01/15/05 10:26 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Passenger Minivan w/1SA (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The 2003 Pontiac Montana Van (long version) is a powerful V6 family vehicle. It has a very pleasing, sporty stylish exterior with all around rocker panel protection, aerodynamic body design, and heavy duty built under body. It has one of the highest gas milage ratings of all the minivans, and lives up to the rating on and off the highway. The interior design with captain chairs second row and split bench in rear is modestly roomy and functional design. The rear seat fold down and easily removable seating is a plus in design capability. There are no mechanical, electical or interior vices after 3 years of usage. The only negative aspect is the uncomfortablness of the front captain seats.

Sporty!!!
By Delaware Hobbs' on 01/04/05 18:13 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 4dr Passenger Minivan w/1SB (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I knew as soon as I saw this coming attraction that I would have to hold off purchasing a new minivan until it arrived. I bought a Montana in 98 and knew that I didn't want another minivan unless it was another Montana. I was not disappointed by the look and style - It's the only truly sporty minivan as far as I'm concerned. I didn't plan on buying leather this time but I felt the cloth interior just looked too cheap. It seems to handle fine but even though the engine is 3.5 instead of 3.4, I'm not convinced it performs better than my old one. There are little things I miss such as a light in the glove compartment, aux pwr outlet up front, dash space, reclining rear seats, see below

My Montana
By Matthew Pellegrini on 11/06/04 12:01 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Montana 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought a new Montana and would not buy anything else. The ease the handling and the style of the montana compare to no other min van classification. To top it off all the repair bills I had on the other one was oil changes no major repairs that is reliability. Thanks Pontiac for making such a great car!

Montana is a great minivan!
By Andrea Obert on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Montana 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We went on a 4 hour trip with our 3 children and everyone was comfortable and had their own space. I love all of the features available on my Montana including the XM Satelite radio. I think it is unique looking...it has a more sporty flair than all of the other vans on the market.

My 2004 Montana
By Hartwell on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Montana 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

LOve it. Is the most comfortable Mini Van that I ave ever driven..

montana
By SAMUELLAUGHLIN on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Montana 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

COULD HAVE USED MORE SOUND DAMPERING MATERIAL. POWER SEATS SHOULD BE STANDARD.

It's comfortable and affordable!!!
By snjmilly@aol.com on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Montana 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first mini van and I absolutely love it. We have taken it on several long distance road trips and the comfort and accessibility to the second and third rows is wonderful. I don't know who enjoys driving it more, me or my husband! It is very comfortable.